Espola's newest neighborhood

Ma pettite char passed smog today. It's a 2009 Chevrolet HHR, which is officially classed by DMV as a "UT", which means that I get to pay $10 more for the test.

I didn't realize how anxious I was about passing the test until the relief I felt when it passed.

Ma pettite char passed smog today. It's a 2009 Chevrolet HHR, which is officially classed by DMV as a "UT", which means that I get to pay $10 more for the test.

I didn't realize how anxious I was about passing the test until the relief I felt when it passed.
Congrats on passing :)

Tucker Carlson said on his show that cigar smoking is the most American of pleasures, which confirms my suspicion that he is a virgin.

Further -- Tucker went on to say that tobacco "built America". Well Virginia maybe, with the help of a million slaves.

Recycling today. I expected about $20 when I loaded up because I did not take all the glass.

Aluminum - 5 lb @ 1.65 = $8.25
PET - 17 lb @ 1.33 = $22.61
Glass - 13 lb @ 0.105 = $1.37

Total = $32.23

Recycling today. I expected about $20 when I loaded up because I did not take all the glass.

Aluminum - 5 lb @ 1.65 = $8.25
PET - 17 lb @ 1.33 = $22.61
Glass - 13 lb @ 0.105 = $1.37

Total = $32.23
Great job. I give my recycling to those in need.

One of my daughter's friends, who graduated with her from UC Davis, has given up his regular day job and become a youtube and tiktok video creator. Some of his best efforts have several million views already and he is making enough money to make this a rational decision. In his latest video, my daughter is one of the "River Dancers".

An update on this -- the video guy has been sending clever videos as resumes to companies for which he wanted to work as an online content maker. She also told me his starting salary -- it's about what I was making the last year I worked as an electronics design engineer in 2008.

The second best thing that can happen when your wife calls for help because her car won't start 10 miles away is for the problem to be that the car is in gear.

The best thing would have been to have figured that out on the phone.

Back