Espola's newest neighborhood

twilight_zone_wallpaper4.jpg

Eggs are winning the eggs-vs-gasoline price war. Even though regular gasoline can be had for about $2.25/gallon around here, I bought eggs for $1.99 - and that was for 18.

I got locked out of my bigsoccer.com account after failing many times to enter the correct password. Too late I realized I was very carefully entering my facebook password.

During the Padres broadcast, Mark Grant was critiquing highlights of Tim Tebow's private tryout for MLB scouts, hoping to start a different career, it seems (how does one arrange a private tryout, anyway?). It looks like TT put on a little weight, which is not really a bad thing for baseball, and has, as one would expect, a big throw in from the outfield. Mark was wisecracking about Tim's hitting style, but videos showed him popping a few BP line drives. Of course, the real test of a big-league hitter comes when he swings at a curveball that looks like it is aimed right at his chin, because he knows that it will break down and away from him at the last instant for a strike right over the plate.

Last edited:
After changing my voter registration, I find that I went from the City of Poway to City of San Diego into SD Council District 5 (Mark Kersey - never heard of him), from County Supervisor District 2 (Dianne Jacob) to District 3 (Dave Roberts), and from California Senate District 38 (Joel Anderson) to District 39 (Marty Block).

Still the same Assembly District 77 (Brian Mainschein) and US Congressional District 52 (Scott Peters).

Peters and Mainschein are running in November. Block is not running. Kersey got over 50% in the primary, so he is already in. Anderson is in a bye year.

It looks like my alter ego's "neighborhood" needs some traffic.
I almost fell asleep just scrolling through its one and only page.
Im here to get things rolling.

Tonight, in San Diego, (espola's adopted home town) the San Diego Chargers are Playing the San Francisco 49ers.
Its "Military Appreciation Night" at the Murph, and I would like to extend to all vets, including Mr. Magoo himself, a warm, and heart felt thank you.
Mr. Kaperneck doesnt think he wants to stand up for our national anthem.
REACTION!?

Because of my new San Diego citizenship, I have been studying the city ballot propositions up for decision in November --

C - Downtown Stadium Initiative - No
D - Tax and Facilities Initiative - (the other downtown stadium plan) - No
E - CHARTER AMENDMENT REGARDING QUALIFICATIONS, VACANCY, AND
REMOVAL FOR MAYOR, CITY ATTORNEY, AND COUNCIL - Yes
F - CHARTER AMENDMENT REGARDING REQUIRED TERM OF SERVICE FOR
CERTAIN TERMINATIONS OR SUSPENSIONS OF DEPUTY CITY ATTORNEYS. - Requires further study.
G - CHARTER AMENDMENTS REGARDING THE CITIZENS’ REVIEW BOARD ON
POLICE PRACTICES - Leaning toward Yes.
H - CHARTER AMENDMENTS REGARDING PURCHASING AND CONTRACTING
PROCESSES FOR THE CITY OF SAN DIEGO - Yes.
I - CHARTER AMENDMENT REGARDING BALBOA PARK AND SAN DIEGO HIGH
SCHOOL - Yes
J - CHARTER AMENDMENT REGARDING USE OF LEASE REVENUE FROM MISSION BAY PARK - Requires further study.
K - CHARTER AMENDMENT REQUIRING RUN-OFF ELECTION FOR THE OFFICES OF MAYOR, CITY ATTORNEY AND COUNCILMEMBER - No.
L - CHARTER AMENDMENT REQUIRING CITIZENS’ INITIATIVE AND REFERENDUM MEASURES TO BE PLACED ON NOVEMBER GENERAL ELECTION BALLOTS, UNLESS THE COUNCIL DECIDES TO SUBMIT THEM TO VOTERS EARLIER - Don't care.
M - AFFORDABLE HOUSING: INCREASING THE LIMIT ON THE NUMBER OF UNITS THE CITY AND CERTAIN PUBLIC AGENCIES ARE ALLOWED TO HELP DEVELOP - Requires further study.
N - NON-MEDICAL CANNABIS BUSINESS TAX - No.

Last edited:
County measures --
A (sales tax increment for infrastructure improvements and transit) - maybe
B (Lilac Hills development bypass permitting process) - No

If I were still living in Poway, I would vote no on W - rezone to allow hotel in Maderas golf course

Today's recycling - small amount because of cleaning out the old house.

1 ea bimetal ............. .05
1 ea HDPE large ....... .10
3.4 lb Al @1.57.........5.34
9.3 lb PET @ 1.19 .. 11.07
28. lb glass @ .104 ..2.96
Total .......................19.52

Time to rewrite the history books. What Neal Armstrong actually said as he stepped onto the moon was "One small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind". That's what I thought he said when I first heard it, but the "a" has been ignored for years. Spectrogram analysis supports this. And it makes better poetry, also.

My wife brought me a Japanese thermos bottle from her latest business trip - a Zojirushi SD-EC. It comes with a 10-page brochure and I can't read any of it.

While I was walking to my car, my phone rang. "We have been trying to reach you. This is your last chance with the IRS."

"No, it's not", I responded.

The caller ignored me in the way that recorded messages do, asking for personal financial information like bank account and SS numbers. I know from painful experience that the IRS already has those numbers, and will not ask my permission to take the money they want.

She had such a nice pleasant voice. I wonder what lured her into a life of crime.

I found a young tumbleweed growing in the grassy area between the patio and the golf cart path. It's now in the yard waste bucket - which I don't know where to dump here.

Back