An amazing case for reducing gun ownership in America

Lonesome Dove is a winner. Have it on tape from the old days, use to wear it out with a few beers and the lads after a good surf. Some people thought it awful odd a group of surfers, hair still wet hooting and hollering at a cowboy movie. It's all the same to me.
You and a bunch of guys hooted and hollered at a cowboy movie with wet hair?

Lonesome Dove is a winner. Have it on tape from the old days, use to wear it out with a few beers and the lads after a good surf. Some people thought it awful odd a group of surfers, hair still wet hooting and hollering at a cowboy movie. It's all the same to me.
Do you know the damage surfing does to the Eco system?

Odd indeed

https://eand.co/why-were-underestimating-american-collapse-be04d9e55235

Seen accurately. American collapse is a catastrophe of human possibility without modern parallel . And because the mess that America has made of itself, then, is so especially unique, so singular, so perversely special — the treatment will have to be novel, too. The uniqueness of these social pathologies tell us that American collapse is not like a reversion to any mean, or the downswing of a trend. It is something outside the norm. Something beyond the data. Past the statistics. It is like the meteor that hit the dinosaurs: an outlier beyond outliers, an event at the extreme of the extremes. That is why our narratives, frames, and theories cannot really capture it — much less explain it. We need a whole new language — and a new way of seeing — to even begin to make sense of it.

But that is America’s task, not the world’s. The world’s task is this. Should the world follow the American model — extreme capitalism, no public investment, cruelty as a way of life, the perversion of everyday virtue — then these new social pathologies will follow, too. They are new diseases of the body social that have emerged from the diet of junk food — junk media, junk science, junk culture, junk punditry, junk economics, people treating one another and their society like junk — that America has fed upon for too long.

Umair
Umair,
you are seeing things anything but accurately.

Sincerely,
Bruddah

You are correct, not only do I not know about it, I don't give a shit about it, but I am not the one advocating for AGW.
Attempting to set up a straw man, a possible target to shoot at? I have explained my stance before, and when even the US military, despite the ever changing opinion of the commander in chief, is taking precautions and preparing for the universally acknowledged effects of climate change (the extent to which is influenced by man is up for debate but the influence is not) it seems quite strange that you of the "all or nothing" mindset continue to refute the obvious and inevitable. Is the 100% full use of fossil fuel until it runs out of that great of importance to you that any attempts to find alternate sources is a non-starter in your eyes?

You donʻt surf.
You sure about that?

87c609741a00f1392002be9744b7d4ab--aging-gracefully-never-too-old.jpg

Back