What is too aggressive?

Oh, brother, get over yourself if you think that is "physical play," much less an "intentional foul." It's just my opinion, but there was very little contact and the dribbler went down quickly and easily. Again, just my opinion, but if this were a professional game, I would be just as likely to make a "simulation" call as to make a penal foul call. Although I doubt I would call either. Again, just my opinion, but the problem here is not the defender, it's you.

I think the ref called it the right way.
I totally disagree with your post. This is how soccer gets worst (physically). Refs should be calling these fouls more often and not just say "it will interrupt the flow of the game" or "they are too little, let them play", or even "advantage". Soccer is more technical than physical, otherwise it will be rugby.

This is a sad thread. Trying to influence the parents that soccer is a very physical sport. Soccer is a technical sport.

BS soccer is a skilled and tactful game with some form of physical contact. If the ball is in a playable position, NOT just about any contact you make with your body is legal. Just watch professional soccer matches.
What has 9 year olds got to do with professional soccer?

I have watched so many bad calls from refs and even refs arguing with parents and coaches. Bad, bad, bad.
How would you know what constitutes a bad call? Why wouldn't parents and coaches be responded to if they decide to act irresponsibly by engaging with the referee?

I totally disagree with your post. This is how soccer gets worst (physically). Refs should be calling these fouls more often and not just say "it will interrupt the flow of the game" or "they are too little, let them play", or even "advantage". Soccer is more technical than physical, otherwise it will be rugby.
Who told you these silly things?

Back