What is too aggressive?

You are correct, that was not a trifling foul. The player extended her arms beyond what we would normally see if she was sitting in a chair, pushed off, and the referee should have probably called a foul, level 2 careless. If this same player continued to do that type of move over the course of the game and had been warned a few times I might even give her yellow card but not until I see the same behavior repeated over and over
The referee is expected to blow his whistle for a foul if there was no foul?

The referee is expected to blow his whistle for a foul if there was no foul?

If there was no foul, then you don't stop play. Trifling fouls, don't stop play. Stop play for all other fouls, unless advantage is determined. With regard to the specific video, the black player clearly "pushed" the white player off the ball and extended her arms in the process. Its a foul and direct kick awarded to White.

Here's an example of an U8 intentional, no advantage, not a "level 1" type of foul. Ref is standing right there, doesn't blow his whistle and just raises his arms like there's advantage? To who?! LOL.

Oh, brother, get over yourself if you think that is "physical play," much less an "intentional foul." It's just my opinion, but there was very little contact and the dribbler went down quickly and easily. Again, just my opinion, but if this were a professional game, I would be just as likely to make a "simulation" call as to make a penal foul call. Although I doubt I would call either. Again, just my opinion, but the problem here is not the defender, it's you.

I think the ref called it the right way.

If there was no foul, then you don't stop play. Trifling fouls, don't stop play. Stop play for all other fouls, unless advantage is determined. With regard to the specific video, the black player clearly "pushed" the white player off the ball and extended her arms in the process. Its a foul and direct kick awarded to White.
That's your opinion. In my opinion, (and apparently in the video referee's), it was a fair challenge for the ball.

Oh, brother, get over yourself if you think that is "physical play," much less an "intentional foul." It's just my opinion, but there was very little contact and the dribbler went down quickly and easily. Again, just my opinion, but if this were a professional game, I would be just as likely to make a "simulation" call as to make a penal foul call. Although I doubt I would call either. Again, just my opinion, but the problem here is not the defender, it's you.

I think the ref called it the right way.
I can tell u prob didn't play soccer growing up, right?

Anyhow, this is a good thread. It's better we educate parents now when kids are young rather than later.

Right.

So what was the point of your false multiple claims that he indicated advantage?
Troll, what I said was "Some referees (improperly) use the advantage signal, when they mean "play on". Obviously they are not synonymous." and,
"Yes the brilliant "video referee" that gave a lame advantage signal for play on. #troll"

Of course this guy with his arms out like 747 wings was not using the correct advantage signal, that was my point. But the "wings" gesture is not a recognized signal, as you know. #Trollon

Troll, what I said was "Some referees (improperly) use the advantage signal, when they mean "play on". Obviously they are not synonymous." and,
"Yes the brilliant "video referee" that gave a lame advantage signal for play on. #troll"

Of course this guy with his arms out like 747 wings was not using the correct advantage signal, that was my point. But the "wings" gesture is not a recognized signal, as you know. #Trollon
The point is, he gave no such signal. You're simply projecting your own inadequecies onto the referee.

Would you like to educate him about advantage signals?
No, I don't want to educate him...I agree with him. That's fine that the ref didn't call that foul...but to make matters worse, the ref improperly held out his arms (which should only be used when there is advantage). This is pretty basic ref stuff here.

No, I don't want to educate him...I agree with him. That's fine that the ref didn't call that foul...but to make matters worse, the ref improperly held out his arms (which should only be used when there is advantage). This is pretty basic ref stuff here.
The referee did not make an advantage signal. But you wouldn't know that.

Don't take the bait @coachrefparent ...this guy is just a lost cause.
Yes. Clearly there are serious issues involved. Its really sad in fact. I think people know his name, but it would be nice to know to avoid in referee assignments.

I didn't take my own advice, to avoid the troll:
Basement_Dweller-1.jpg

Yes. Clearly there are serious issues involved. Its really sad in fact. I think people know his name, but it would be nice to know to avoid in referee assignments.

I didn't take my own advice, to avoid the troll:
Basement_Dweller-1.jpg
If nothing else, couldn't you at least straighten up your, (for lack of a better term), room or whatever name you call your habitation?

Here's an example of an U8 intentional, no advantage, not a "level 1" type of foul. Ref is standing right there, doesn't blow his whistle and just raises his arms like there's advantage? To who?! LOL.

For a game played by 7 year olds, I would probably call a foul. If I didn't call a foul, I sure and the hell would not have put my arms out in what appears to be a lazy refs advantage call.

For a game played by 7 year olds, I would probably call a foul. If I didn't call a foul, I sure and the hell would not have put my arms out in what appears to be a lazy refs advantage call.
If he meant to call advantage he would have done it at the time it happened.

This whole, ah, "discussion" reminds me of Pharisees and Jesus. The Pharisees focused on the letter of the law versus the intent and spirit behind them. Just as the posters here are focusing on the referee's signal versus whether the call was the right one or whether his decision was the right one based on the specific game and circumstances. Or the assessor who focuses on the referee's angle of the arm when indicating or whether players' socks were appropriately up versus looking at the big picture and whether the referee was practical and used common sense. The pertinent question to be asked of the referee in this video is, did the players understand what the referee was trying to communicate to them? If they did, what then is the problem?

Back