USWNT

Sorry not thrilled junk soccer.
We "take the W" a lot more than we have "a great game" which is why we are crumbling and being dismantled age group by age group.
Not that I care much to be honest- when you think people like Casey Short or Taylor are great there are bigger scouting issues at hand.
I would not encourage my DD to play at that level or NWSL so take with a grain of salt
I was encouraged to see a certain level of pride, and hustle, to come back and take the game.
Especially Rapinoe.
Seems like she was trying to prove something, and I like that.
Besides that, it was not great.

Lynn Williams comes in with a couple minutes left in the game?
Please.

I was encouraged to see a certain level of pride, and hustle, to come back and take the game.
Especially Rapinoe.
Seems like she was trying to prove something, and I like that.
Besides that, it was not great.

Lynn Williams comes in with a couple minutes left in the game?
Please.

I agree about Lynn Williams, it's obvious the team needs a target forward and Williams is perfect for that role.

WNT showed that they can play badly at times, and skillfully at times; that they can be unlucky, and also lucky; that they can't connect a pass at midfield, and that they can put the ball into traffic in front of the net; that they can't make a one-touch conversion in front of the open goal, and that they can snake a ball between the keeper and the post. It was a game whose legend in WNT history will rank with the post-game kicks to win the WC from China.

Where is Hope Solo when we need her ??? ThIs goalie seemed S-L-O-W and clearly had butter fingers...also what was with all of the back passing from midfield to d-back to our goalie who launched a sloppy kick that careened out of bounds ??? So basically turnover after unforced turnover...

I thought the US "second team" turned around the game. Press created space for her shot and placed it nicely...I also think Press got the assist for the third goal and the equalizer... Rapino was not afraid to take on their dbacks 1 on 1....but why did we insist on going to the left side so predictably??? Love that the uswnt fought back from 1-3 to win 4-3 in last part of second half...so glad I didn't turn off when it was 1-3!

Sorry not thrilled junk soccer.
We "take the W" a lot more than we have "a great game" which is why we are crumbling and being dismantled age group by age group.
Not that I care much to be honest- when you think people like Casey Short or Taylor are great there are bigger scouting issues at hand.
I would not encourage my DD to play at that level or NWSL so take with a grain of salt
Short kept booting the ball into outer space why is that tolerated ??? She turned the ball over and over with her mindless kicks/blasts in the first half but played a little better in 2h IMHO. Also Morgan seems out of it to me. I think the second team played better soccer than the first team.

I agree about Lynn Williams, it's obvious the team needs a target forward and Williams is perfect for that role.
If Williams gets that ball on the break that Pugh got, she outruns the defender, cuts toward goal and puts it in the back of the net.
I know speed isnt everything, but Williams is so much faster than everyone else, it pays dividends.
Its crazy to not have her out there.
She is also deadly with her back to goal, receiving the ball, turning, and finishing.

Where is Hope Solo when we need her ??? ThIs goalie seemed S-L-O-W and clearly had butter fingers...also what was with all of the back passing from midfield to d-back to our goalie who launched a sloppy kick that careened out of bounds ??? So basically turnover after unforced turnover...

I thought the US "second team" turned around the game. Press created space for her shot and placed it nicely...I also think Press got the assist for the third goal and the equalizer... Rapino was not afraid to take on their dbacks 1 on 1....but why did we insist on going to the left side so predictably??? Love that the uswnt fought back from 1-3 to win 4-3 in last part of second half...so glad I didn't turn off when it was 1-3!

The last goal came from an attack on the right side.

The last goal came from an attack on the right side.
Good point ESP, I was just pointing out that in the first half it seemed for some reason the USWNT was primarily attacking down the US left side of the field feeding the ball to Rapinoe who was outstanding...but always going left made the attack too predictable IMHO

Good point ESP, I was just pointing out that in the first half it seemed for some reason the USWNT was primarily attacking down the US left side of the field feeding the ball to Rapinoe who was outstanding...but always going left made the attack too predictable IMHO

The left side attacks seemed to be working up to the point of not being able to make an effective shot.

IMO, it probably had to do with a couple of factors.
1. Brazil's outside left defender was having a hard time with Rampinoe.
2. Keeping the ball on the left side, keeps the ball further away from Marta. If they attack and lose the ball on the right. Marta is on that side to quickly counter attack.

2. Keeping the ball on the left side, keeps the ball further away from Marta. If they attack and lose the ball on the right. Marta is on that side to quickly counter attack.

From Brazil's standpoint, that would be the right defender.

Another point I couldn't help noticing. Brazil's second goal was scored by a defender playing behind the far side of their corner kick formation. That's on Espola's list of coaching tips, since about 30% of corner kicks go all the way through the pack in front of the goal. Defenders should also take note of this.

Yes NG great point...what the US was doing was so deliberate but I did not know the reason...makes sense now thx...

Big game against the Nadeshiko tonight at 7 on espn2! Let's hope we can close this tournament with a win. Let's see how well prepared we look for a purely technical opponent.

Big game against the Nadeshiko tonight at 7 on espn2! Let's hope we can close this tournament with a win. Let's see how well prepared we look for a purely technical opponent.
Love the reference to Nadeshiko...very cool.

My heart is with our US Women, but my eyes tell me those little Ninjas are going to Ginsu our a$$:eek:

Back