USWNT

They aren't strong and fast and powerful. Casey Short can't complete a pass.
The only one who qualifies as a stallion is Lynn Williams.
The others also seem so mentally weak to me. People also need to let the love of Press and Krieger GO AWAY!

Krieger too? I would say she's a pretty solid player IMO. She's strong and fast, but also versatile and IMO, one of the best players on the team in terms of vision and tactical/technical skill.

Intriguing for you to say mentally weak, care to explain why?

I was on my way to post this very thing. The team is starting to stagnate and needs some fresh direction such that Arena has brought to the MNT.
It just seems that all the "tinkering" has lead to confusion on the field this our inability to connect passes. Short's play reminded me of Bradley during the WC where he competed more passes to the opposing team than his own team (however under Arena, he has been solid thus far).

I feel a Coaching change is in order!

I watched the last 20 minutes of the game last night, so there is a lot I missed. To me, the USWNT plays a very predictable style and other nations have figured us out. When we had Abby up top, we could fire crosses in and hope she gets her head to them. Not a bad strategy, but you need to have a plan B.

Here is my biggest criticism of the USWNT (and the USMNT too)....where is the creativity? Where is the desire to try and beat your defender 1v1 or 1v2? I realize that this doesn't work a lot of the time, but at least it would keep the defenders thinking (will she try to beat me off the dribble or try to pass around me?). Defenders struggle most when they don't know what the forwards intend to do. The USWNT forwards seem too predictable.

I have been not been impressed with our midfielders for some time. When Carli Lloyd is playing attacking mid, we look decent. When she is not in that spot, we really don't seem to have another option.

It just seems that all the "tinkering" has lead to confusion on the field this our inability to connect passes. Short's play reminded me of Bradley during the WC where he competed more passes to the opposing team than his own team (however under Arena, he has been solid thus far).

I feel a Coaching change is in order!

But wait, the GDA is going to fix all of that, right???

I was on my way to post this very thing. The team is starting to stagnate and needs some fresh direction such that Arena has brought to the MNT.

So my question to fellow forum members w/the 411 down low on YNT/WNT is....how on gods great earth do the powers at be not see this?.... Let alone do something about this?...power?.... $$?

If this were the biz world, the answer would be pretty simple.

19vhrz.jpg

Funny if you follow Kleiban his perspective is way different. Look at Kleibans twitter or blog- very informative at the least they also have a podcast which I enjoy

http://blog.3four3.com

He has some great posts and I don't disagree with many of his assertions regarding American soccer culture, but I still think that when you have players openly stating that they needed an injection of energy and motivation then things obviously were stagnating under Klinsman. I think a better place for him might be as the President of US soccer where he can begin affecting change in both the MLS and culturally with policy.

So my question to fellow forum members w/the 411 down low on YNT/WNT is....how on gods great earth do the powers at be not see this?.... Let alone do something about this?...power?.... $$?

19vhrz.jpg

Two words Michele French.
Research why

19vhrz.jpg
No sh_t! How can BJ Snow who failed at UCLA (yes pretty much failed with all that talent) and the U17 YNT be promoted to the U23 WNT? Frenchy was atrocious at U20 but moves up to be an assistant with the full team? Are you kidding me. Fired!

Funny if you follow Kleiban his perspective is way different. Look at Kleibans twitter or blog- very informative at the least they also have a podcast which I enjoy

http://blog.3four3.com
Been following the bros for years before they even had the blog. They are trying to bring a professional culture from SA and Europe to the US. I pretty much agree with 99% of what they say. Its amazing how many boys DA try to marginalize them due to their methods as they promptly kick everyone's ass. The problem is they illuminate how deficient our coaching culture is, our player development and our identification. And well the truth hurts. It goes for both sides men and women.

No sh_t! How can BJ Snow who failed at UCLA (yes pretty much failed with all that talent) and the U17 YNT be promoted to the U23 WNT? Frenchy was atrocious at U20 but moves up to be an assistant with the full team? Are you kidding me. Fired!
I posted this before, cronyism has led to group think in the US YNT and Sr team. The head coach who was hired with a different philosophy was Tom Sermanni, but was fired after a very short stint.

I posted this before, cronyism has led to group think in the US YNT and Sr team. The head coach who was hired with a different philosophy was Tom Sermanni, but was fired after a very short stint.
That was because Wambat and all the other old cronies didn't like Sermani mixing up the soup.

Man this is fun when we all get together to bash the same crap we see over and over. Makes me kinda warm and fuzzy!

It's nice to read all of this. Casey Short has not completed a pass- it's embarassing. I do not understand everyone's fascination with Allie Long and Horan either.
I don't anticipate it getting any better as France has already surpassed us technically
I've posted more than once about Long. I don't get it either. Other than an occasional header, she brings absolutely nothing to the table.

Krieger too? I would say she's a pretty solid player IMO. She's strong and fast, but also versatile and IMO, one of the best players on the team in terms of vision and tactical/technical skill.

Intriguing for you to say mentally weak, care to explain why?
Sorry, but I disagree. Until someone comes and prov s to be better than Krieger and Kling, don't F with it. I have yet to see anyone who is even close. O'Hara is useless.

Back