Surf Cup - DA --- Accepted Teams

Hey I am a super fan don't get me wrong but all in all we have usually had a longer run for example Nationals championship Surf, REAL SOCAL in finals vs FWR, LAGSD getting a bid up there. I think you can say that pound for pound our schedule in Cal South is a stronger one than a CAN one.
All that is changing as I acnkowlegded but you won't see our strong teams anymore to be honest. You are playing our B teams at Surf right now. Our ECNL teams are WEAK.

@Striker17 what I have witnessed is the dilution. Cal North for the most part stayed ECNL. There are to many "top" clubs here. Blues GDA finished 6 or 7th place last weekend, and struggled this weekend. Strikers finished last in their bracket (correct me if I'm wrong). Arsenal, barely tied Heat yesterday. It will be interesting to see how Cal South figures this out. They don't look like the dominate force they used to be.

@Striker17 what I have witnessed is the dilution. Cal North for the most part stayed ECNL. There are to many "top" clubs here. Blues GDA finished 6 or 7th place last weekend, and struggled this weekend. Strikers finished last in their bracket (correct me if I'm wrong). Arsenal, barely tied Heat yesterday. It will be interesting to see how Cal South figures this out. They don't look like the dominate force they used to be.

Yes sir that is my exact point. It may be the end of an era. Don't count us out though quite yet the top teams always have a trick or two up their sleeves!

Honestly I have my own feeling that we won't see a teams true form until Feb in my opinion. I feel that by that time also it won't matter because coaches will already be trying to replace GDA weak players with non GDA players who didn't make the initial move and are in their "post State Cup" or "pre ECNL playoffs and don't know what to do next year" mode. The weak links on GDA will be gone either because of coaches or the realization that 4 days a week is a lot to handle.

Then 2018-2019 will have Much stiffer competition again down here.

It's he way it is for the 04 though. We haven't had a normal season since 7. Every time we get excited about something it gets changed so we are all used to it by now

Arsenal was down 2-0 and got physical. I mean PHYSICAL
This is a Brown coached Arsenal team by nature. Tied or down at half-time he somehow gets the message across that players better step it up. Too physical @times for sure. Probably a few yellows and a red then in the second??
Our ECNL teams are WEAK
I think you mentioned that they will figure it out sooner or later? I agree with your position. It will take a bit of time but a balance will be found...hopefully MUCH sooner than later for Southern Cal ECNL teams / players.

This is a Brown coached Arsenal team by nature. Tied or down at half-time he somehow gets the message across that players better step it up. Too physical @times for sure. Probably a few yellows and a red then in the second??

I think you mentioned that they will figure it out sooner or later? I agree with your position. It will take a bit of time but a balance will be found...hopefully MUCH sooner than later for Southern Cal ECNL teams / players.

They are weak right now- it's not personal it's factual. This weekend you saw Knotts and Rebels play a stronger game than Sharks ECNL heard through the grapevine. I can't imagine Strikers or Blues ECNL being strong because you have way too many DA clubs in the vicinity. Look at West coast ECNL relegated to he bottom of the flights and still not doing well.
Is anyone waking up yet or are we still in denial about ECNL at our age group..

They are weak right now- it's not personal it's factual. This weekend you saw Knotts and Rebels play a stronger game than Sharks ECNL heard through the grapevine. I can't imagine Strikers or Blues ECNL being strong because you have way too many DA clubs in the vicinity. Look at West coast ECNL relegated to he bottom of the flights and still not doing well.

It's both...ECNL and GDA based on the results thus far. Didn't a nor cal team win GDA flight last weekend? Honestly both groups look weakened.

One former powerhouse is telling parents "the DA isn't working" . I told those parents that's code for we can't get all the talent anymore at our teams not that the DA "isn't working". These salesmen were already selling ECNL for next year lol!
People need to keep their wits about them I sense the more desperate the clubs get the more lies that will spill forth. I cannot see US SOCCER giving up control though what's done is done

One former powerhouse is telling parents "the DA isn't working" . I told those parents that's code for we can't get all the talent anymore at our teams not that the DA "isn't working". These salesmen were already selling ECNL for next year lol!
People need to keep their wits about them I sense the more desperate the clubs get the more lies that will spill forth. I cannot see US SOCCER giving up control though what's done is done
Remember that's what this was all about . Control! Honestly it isn't working. A choice will have to be made one way or the other.

Can we admit this is all craziness? ECNL teams that can hardly be called elite, DA teams that can not beat a top non-DA team, players on good flight 1 teams that do not belong. Girls soccer became a big money maker, and now everyone wants a cut so they are selling dreams to any girl whose parents have the cash. On almost every DA, ECNL, or good flight 1 team I have seen this year, there have been 3-4 real ballers and that is it. I know a lot of parents don't want to hear this because little Chloe is now on a flight 1 or ecnl or even da team this year but it is the truth.

Or maybe it IS working and now there is some parity across the West. Does USSDA care if So Cal or Nor Cal wins? They just care that they get better players in the National Team pool.
Is USSDA soccer about the BEST players or is it about the best players that will commit to 4 days of practice with the same coaches they already had.

Blues ECNL 02 didn't look like Blues ECNL 02 of last year at Surf Cup this year. I had to ask which team it was.
What a bunch of Bull Shit this all is.

Or maybe it IS working and now there is some parity across the West. Does USSDA care if So Cal or Nor Cal wins? They just care that they get better players in the National Team pool.
Is USSDA soccer about the BEST players or is it about the best players that will commit to 4 days of practice with the same coaches they already had.
I agree with you at the heart of your point in that US Soccer could care less if SoCal as a group is better than Texas as a group, etc. I do think it is hard to evaluate talent that is consistently playing against watered down opposition. I think @shales1002 hit on this upthread...hard to evaluate talent.

He didn't win yesterday. He advanced because of goals forced differential. The second place team in the bracket did better than the other first place teams in the flight.The 2-2 score wasn't reflective of the actual game. Arsenal was down 2-0 and got physical. I mean PHYSICAL! One girl appeared to have a broken hand after game. It was brutal. Perhaps it was their tactic. Who knows...but MVLA is legit!
Yeah, wildcards would be nice in this situation. I mean, how can you go 2 wins and a tie and NOT advance???? Come on Surf. I say we have 3 pools of 4 per flight to allow for this 2 best teams in one pool scenario.

Funny thing is if they all just stayed together and pulled a Baker they would be just fine because they will continue to destroy everyone because most of us went to DA and the 04 ECNL teams are super weak. They will win a Natty in ECNL easily and get looks at the ECNL events for sure. They don't need to go DA to be seen if they stay together.
Arsenal 04 ECNL just played MVLA in the Semi- final Very competitive game .... we ended up losing 3-2 giving the a real scare ... ultimately they were a better team ... but not as dominate as make them out to be!

Arsenal 04 ECNL just played MVLA in the Semi- final Very competitive game .... we ended up losing 3-2 giving the a real scare ... ultimately they were a better team ... but not as dominate as make them out to be!

Definitely competitive. Still think they are a dominate force. Watched them in the championship too. Score wasn't reflective of the game just like Arsenal /Heat matchup. Two Nor Cal teams in the final. Mvla is now back to back Surf Cup Champions.

He didn't win yesterday. He advanced because of goals forced differential. The second place team in the bracket did better than the other first place teams in the flight.The 2-2 score wasn't reflective of the actual game. Arsenal was down 2-0 and got physical. I mean PHYSICAL! One girl appeared to have a broken hand after game. It was brutal. Perhaps it was their tactic. Who knows...but MVLA is legit!
What game where you at??? It was more like Heat got a dose of Ice cold reality! A Flame that got put out as quick as a fat kid puts out the candles on Birthday cake!

Heat came out super physical trying to push their weight around against a more skilled and faster team!

Heat goes up 2-0 with 10 minutes left due to some bad calls, free kicks,,,blah blah blah - Heat is up they are in control of the game but........

Arsenal starts to mount their counter putting pressure on the back line and goalie where they give up two goals .... the unfortunate recipients of shock and Awe from Arsenal too fast, too strong!

Heat comes back with two key opportunities that were squashed by The Arsenal Goalie ... Ultimately Dimming the flames of hope and dreams of any Heat aspirations

Arsenal Ties the game, and moves on due to Goal differential ....and the Heat goes out in a whimper poof of smoke!

I wish there was a yellow card. There should have been two yellows and red against kicking the keeper when she had possession of the ball.

Back