Surf Cup – 05s (8/6 – 8/8) – Tech Specs

No reality check here and I am not a Blues parent. I just forgot that I am mainly dealing with a small percentage of emotionally charged and biased parents. Nor am I here to say one way of playing is better than the other. Just a soccer and sport enthusiast who is tired of seeing over controlling coaches who try to restrict kids play so early in life. All of the countries these coaches try to emulate do not restrict their players at an early age. Also tired of seeing the same posters on this board who drink the same kool-aid only give credit to the teams that play their style of play. If LAGSB would have won yesterday their would have been multiple post about how amazing they are and they play so beautiful. The post were already piling up. Once they got beat soundly (Lastman14 and ajaxahi you are lying to yourself if you thought yesterdays game was competitive) this board was silent. All the normal posters had nothing to say anymore.

Here ajaxahi... I am not qualified to drop soccer knowledge on you. But here is some food for thought for you...

http://www.socceramerica.com/article/50554/the-secret-behind-the-mystique-of-beautiful-brazil.html
Thanks for the link, it was a very good read. Funny thing is I think the posters you're referring to actually agree with a lot of what is sprinkled throughout that article, in particular to exploiting "space" on the field. I think the disconnect is probably the route on how to get there.

This proves how much tunnel vision you have.... he was supporting you. I am the drunk one he was referring to. I was also sober at the time of my post last night and will gladly repost it if you would like.
Nuances of language that post could be taken either way.

No reality check here and I am not a Blues parent. I just forgot that I am mainly dealing with a small percentage of emotionally charged and biased parents. Nor am I here to say one way of playing is better than the other. Just a soccer and sport enthusiast who is tired of seeing over controlling coaches who try to restrict kids play so early in life. All of the countries these coaches try to emulate do not restrict their players at an early age. Also tired of seeing the same posters on this board who drink the same kool-aid only give credit to the teams that play their style of play. If LAGSB would have won yesterday their would have been multiple post about how amazing they are and they play so beautiful. The post were already piling up. Once they got beat soundly (Lastman14 and ajaxahi you are lying to yourself if you thought yesterdays game was competitive) this board was silent. All the normal posters had nothing to say anymore.

Here ajaxahi... I am not qualified to drop soccer knowledge on you. But here is some food for thought for you...

http://www.socceramerica.com/article/50554/the-secret-behind-the-mystique-of-beautiful-brazil.html

I usually know better than to feed a troll who signed up yesterday and has made 2 posts trying to criticize LAGSB. You are tired of watching restricted players and their joysticking coaches? You'd rather see spray and pray teams play unrestricted soccer? Well you are in luck my friend, 99% of teams play exactly that way. LAGSB 05 is a breath of fresh air, going against the grain to play intelligent soccer that does not rely on size and strength to win. In all honesty, the coaches don't restrict the girls as much as you think, the girls have evolved and can now see the light on their own. So they lost 1 game to a physically superior team. They never lose their identity or their fans.

I usually know better than to feed a troll who signed up yesterday and has made 2 posts trying to criticize LAGSB. You are tired of watching restricted players and their joysticking coaches? You'd rather see spray and pray teams play unrestricted soccer? Well you are in luck my friend, 99% of teams play exactly that way. LAGSB 05 is a breath of fresh air, going against the grain to play intelligent soccer that does not rely on size and strength to win. In all honesty, the coaches don't restrict the girls as much as you think, the girls have evolved and can now see the light on their own. So they lost 1 game to a physically superior team. They never lose their identity or their fans.

You really drink a potent brand of kool-aid in LAG. Over the years I have read posts from parents of your team and if I did not know better, I would think that you are in possession of the philosophical stone over there, it is like a sect that assumes that they are the only ones who both know how to play and can play, every other player has two left feet, soccer self-righteousness at its best. But, every now and then, a girl shows up and beats you, sometimes twice in a week, and you cannot understand what happened.

Emotinally charged and kool-aid drinking? Your upset someone questioned your analysis of the game. Your comments were definitely biased and your football analogies were as well. West Coast offense is position/controlled/modified football. Since its inception more teams have had great success using a form of it. I will agree that coaches restrict play preferring to play long or just physical. I have no issue with 1-2 touch soccer, play out the back to keep teams off balance, or mix it up with controlled soccer and occasionally drop the ball over top or switch the ball. But that does not happen often either. In fact at the 04 age group I witnessed DeAnza and MVLA do that in the semi's. But most of it was controlled to keep their opponents chasing and spread out. Brazilian soccer was a form in its own and I am not referring to it at all.

Not quite spray and pray... don't be fooled on signing up yesterday. I hadn't posted since the change in format on this board. You signed up on July 8th and have 7 post. Also, I am not criticizing LAGSB. I am actually a fan of their commitment to style of play. I am also a fan of the discipline the girls show in order to play the style they do. They maximize their players collective ability through their style. I am not a fan of soccer purist that believe their way of developing player is the only way that works. You all watch too much TV and see what Barcelona does and don't realize what those players were doing or how they were coached when they were adolescents. Much to your chagrin its not what you guys are paying for!

Also here is some food for thought for you who think that it is beneficial to "restrict and joystick" players at this age.

http://www.centrocampista.com/2012/04/an-outsider-looking-in-youth-football-in-spain-and-england/

This proves how much tunnel vision you have.... he was supporting you. I am the drunk one he was referring to. I was also sober at the time of my post last night and will gladly repost it if you would like.
Yes please repost it. People might learn something.

Back