Surf Cup – 05s (8/6 – 8/8) – Tech Specs

Stars played the ball on the ground and it made for a good game to watch. Game of two halves.
Small fields are definitely making a difference, there's zero space to move. Possession teams are limited, kick ball teams are loving it. There's still plenty of good soccer being played by 05 age group.

Saw the Black bracket C score between LAGSD vs Surf. LAGSD won 11-0. Super Black saw Blues Draluck beat Slammers 9-3. There were some other 4-0 and 5-0 scores. I am not use to seeing these types of lopsided scores at Surf Cup. Evidently some teams have not adapted to the 9 v 9 format.

Last edited:
Teams leading their brackets in the super black division:
Bracket A
Strikers OC

Bracket B
Legends FC

Bracket C
SD surf

Bracket D
LA Galaxy South Bay

Bracket E
Blues
Looks like some great soccer on Sunday.

I think that is part of it. I think the other part is: the LAGSD v. Surf game was Surf's C team. As for the Blues Draluck v. Irvine Slammers game...no doubt Blues Draluck is one of the best CalSouth teams. Irvine Slammers are good but not in the same category as Blues Draluck. But still, 9-3 is loco.
Blues Draluck was already a good team, and now with their addition are scary good if they get rolling.

I think that is part of it. I think the other part is: the LAGSD v. Surf game was Surf's C team. As for the Blues Draluck v. Irvine Slammers game...no doubt Blues Draluck is one of the best CalSouth teams. Irvine Slammers are good but not in the same category as Blues Draluck. But still, 9-3 is loco.
Not that it makes it any better, but I know a few parents on that Surf C team - they said it was only 8-0 and don't know where the 11 came from.

Super Black group.
Legends FC 1-0 Ajax. Legends wins their bracket, setting up a showdown with bracket D winner LAGSB in the quarter finals. Strikers OC advance as the A bracket winners by coming up with a tie in a hard fought battle against Hawaii rush. Other team winners to follow.

Super Black group.
Legends FC 1-0 Ajax. Legends wins their bracket, setting up a showdown with bracket D winner LAGSB in the quarter finals. Strikers OC advance as the A bracket winners by coming up with a tie in a hard fought battle against Hawaii rush. Other team winners to follow.
Saw Legends play, they looked right at home on the small field. Going to be some good quarter final match ups.

Super Black group.
The Strikers/Hawaii game was quite the exciting match! The last minute goal from Strikers was a fantastic shot - the Strikers player ripped a bullet!

Last edited:
Back