State Cup Presidents

Not a whole lot of surprises to be expected. Wonder if there will be any club movement before State Cup rosters freeze.
As in almost all of the big tourneys from this year there are "5" teams that can win.

Albion/Blues/Eagles/Strikers/Surf
Surf have to be the favorites based on their results this season. Good luck to all of the 07 Team's!

One mans opinion. And of course this all changes if Albion beats Strikers in bracket play. At that point you would flop the two in the knockout rounds. Irregardless, I have them both in the semifinals. Blues vs Surf in the Quarterfinals seems a bit early for me and this game could change everything. As I said earlier I think there are "5" teams that can bring it home.

Round of 16:
Strikers vs LAGSB
Blues vs FRAM
Surf vs Express
Slammers vs LAGSD
Eagles vs Riverside
Legends vs Albion
SDSC vs Beach
RSC vs Rangers

Quarterfinals:
Strikers vs LAGSD
Eagles vs SDSC
Blues vs Surf
Albion vs RSC

Semifinals:
Strikers vs Eagles
Surf vs Albion

Final:
Strikers vs Surf

Eagles in our bracket. A very good team .I think u are under rating them. I could see them in the finals.
They are definitely one of the teams to beat. I don't think I am underating them and nor should anybody else. My opinion is based solely on the last few times I saw them and Strikers both play (which was at Thanksgiving).

I also hear a team called devils out of riverside very good.Never seen them.
I don't know much about them either and perhaps somebody can shed some light. I did have them coming out of bracket play but going down to Eagles.
What conference did they play in? Any notable tournament wins?

I also hear a team called devils out of riverside very good.Never seen them.
Riverside MGFM Devils played in CSL Bronze East and went 14-0. Absolutely dominated that division only giving up "3" goals and scoring "113". YSR had them at 24th nationally and 8th in So Cal. Won CSL League Cup with a 2-1 win over Eagles on 12/4.
Beat SDSC back in late August 2-1 in the final of the NHB Cup.
Looks like a very strong team.

I don't know much about them either and perhaps somebody can shed some light. I did have them coming out of bracket play but going down to Eagles.
What conference did they play in? Any notable tournament wins?
They are one of the main arguments why Coast should have a Silver bracket at this age. A majority of this team has been together for three years now. They haven't played in any high level tournaments except state cup.
They should compete very well and will battle Beach Kaufman for the 2nd spot in bracket play. I doubt they have seen a team as big as Beach and may have trouble. Just my opinion. Good luck to all

Looks like Rain Rain!
No games a possibility .
Depends on the venue, with the expansion of State Cup with the inclusion of "Mayors", the end of year events see so many more games being played and last year saw games only get postponed so much. It was brutal playing at the IE Surf Complex as they squeezed in the morning games in a downpour and postponed the afternoon games.

Expect to play it by ear and every venue try to get in as many games as they can.

Best of luck to everyone this weekend!

So all the talk about the usual suspects, Albion, Strikers, Surf and Eagles, who are the dark horses? Teams like the Rangers or Legends seem to be forgotten about. Anyone have their Sleeper???

Does anybody know the feild dimensions we will be playing on in Lancaster? They look like postage stamps on the Lancaster field map.

77 is played on a field that is 47 wide by 75 long. Calsouth has previously specified that they'll accept 50 wide by 70 long

77 is played on a field that is 47 wide by 75 long. Calsouth has previously specified that they'll accept 50 wide by 70 long
With no build out line that will be comical. Very similar to Surf Cup. Most teams had better hope they played a lot of futsal the past few months or else it will get really ugly for many.

Back