State Cup Presidents

I had no clue about the west coast coach doing that, what a shame and a let down to those kids and families.

In some ways I actually enjoyed the West Coast game on Sunday -- I had never seen anything quite like it. With the West Coast defense packed in on their defensive third, it was very difficult for Surf to score. At first the Surf girls were a little confused and it took them a while to figure out what was going on and how to deal with it. The coach didn't freak out and the Surf worked it out on the field. A little adversity is good (especially when it's adversity in a 6-0 win).

How many teams went through with two loses? Other teams did indeed deserve a chance to go through. Strikers gets through on points due to a bracket of 3 and that hurt Arsenal who did not get a third game. I had no clue about the west coast coach doing that, what a shame and a let down to those kids and families.
Three teams went through with two losses
Beach Kaufman And both West Coast teams

Heres my predictions for Saturdays games

Blues win 4-1 over Beach Kaufman
LAGSB 5-2 over LADSD
Legends 3-2 over MGFM Soccer Devils
Surf 9-0 over Express
San Diego Navy 4-1 over Fram
Eagles and Strikers 2-2 goes to pk's
Albion 7-0 over West Coast Noguiera
Real So Cal 4-0 West Coast Tripkovic - hopefully west coast coach lets his girls play soccer and not fill the 18

Good Luck to all!! Weather report - you will actually be able to take a free kick without the wind blowing the ball down the field like last weekend.

Heres my predictions for Saturdays games

Blues win 4-1 over Beach Kaufman
LAGSB 5-2 over LADSD
Legends 3-2 over MGFM Soccer Devils
Surf 9-0 over Express
San Diego Navy 4-1 over Fram
Eagles and Strikers 2-2 goes to pk's
Albion 7-0 over West Coast Noguiera
Real So Cal 4-0 West Coast Tripkovic - hopefully west coast coach lets his girls play soccer and not fill the 18

Good Luck to all!! Weather report - you will actually be able to take a free kick without the wind blowing the ball down the field like last weekend.
Good job on picks
I agree with all of them

Does anyone have any input on the Striker's team? It appears they didn't perform at their typical level this past weekend. I understand losing the coach plays a big factor, but have they also lost some players or are the girls mentally checked out? Or was it just a fluke?

The
Does anyone have any input on the Striker's team? It appears they didn't perform at their typical level this past weekend. I understand losing the coach plays a big factor, but have they also lost some players or are the girls mentally checked out? Or was it just a fluke?

they just performed well enough to beat the eagles, 2-1.

First goal came off a cross from attacking defender and finished nicely far post.

2nd goal came off a PK after a smart switch of the ball to weak side of field. eagles player got called for a tripping foul near edge of box.

Eagles goal came late in 2nd half on a solid individual effort getting thru 2 defenders

Eagles had multiple chances w corners and some good shots -but strikers GK had a great game w some dynamic saves- well done on her part today.

Good luck to strikers going forward, they played well.

Heres my two cents for the games tomorrow

Albion wins by 2 or 3
Legends and SDSC navy 1 goal game either way. somehow sdsc navy wins
Surf over Blues by 2
Strikers win by at least 2

Congrats to Surf on the win today! We came up a little short again. Horrible fields by the way. Would been ideal to play on the other side of silverlakes for knockout rounds. Nice to see a little Cinderella in my dark horse pick of SDSC. Just checked and I think next weeks gm are on nicer fields. If that is the case I don't think Surf can be stopped.

What everyone think of the games this weekend? Predictions? I'm going to say Surf over Strikers 4-0 and SDSC and Albion to PKs. That one is a coin flip but my gut says SDSC. Good luck everybody.

Bluesclues are you a coach of blues or parent? or coach of sdsc? based on your previous posts you mention watching Surf and Strikers with your Colleagues. That means you either are Rob, Robbie or another coach blowing a smokescreen.

Heres my take on next weekends games

Albion plays good soccer and SDSC looks to make it a physical game and try and pound you. Bluesclues mentioned Albion played kickball which I couldn't disagree more with.

Better field conditions will help Albion get the Win 2-1

Surf is obviously the favorite but Strikers did win there last game. That means nothing in this matchup. Strikers has new coach and is still trying to figure out player positions and substitutions.

Surf wins this one because of the new order at Strikers OC is its all about "Development"

Bluesclues are you a coach of blues or parent? or coach of sdsc? based on your previous posts you mention watching Surf and Strikers with your Colleagues. That means you either are Rob, Robbie or another coach blowing a smokescreen.

Heres my take on next weekends games

Albion plays good soccer and SDSC looks to make it a physical game and try and pound you. Bluesclues mentioned Albion played kickball which I couldn't disagree more with.

Better field conditions will help Albion get the Win 2-1

Surf is obviously the favorite but Strikers did win there last game. That means nothing in this matchup. Strikers has new coach and is still trying to figure out player positions and substitutions.

Surf wins this one because of the new order at Strikers OC is its all about "Development"
You must be a Albion parent and anything can happen at State Cup

Looks like I ruffle some feathers with my Surf 4-0 prediction over Strikers. Don't give me that crap that Surf will win because of "development". No they will win because they are the better TEAM. You sound silly making excuses already. Albion has improved their soccer I give them that. Earlier in the year it was tough to play soccer at some of the tournaments on the smaller fields. Sucks for Strikers that they could not use guess players for state cup. Oh wait that was the other coach. I bet your a sucker and will follow that coach to his old team. Btw Surf vs SDSC in the Finals. That SDSC team competes hard. Watchout for them. Been there done that type of team.

Is this team playing next weekend or did I miss something?
In all seriousness just having fun with this. Based on the results this team did put up it speaks volumes. I would love to have our teams scrimmage sometime this spring after tryouts, etc are done. I am not sure if we will be doing a spring league or not. If somebody wants to PM me from Devils we could look to set it up. I think it would be good for both teams.

In all seriousness just having fun with this. Based on the results this team did put up it speaks volumes. I would love to have our teams scrimmage sometime this spring after tryouts, etc are done. I am not sure if we will be doing a spring league or not. If somebody wants to PM me from Devils we could look to set it up. I think it would be good for both teams.
He used to be rico on the old forums. Not sure if he's on this one or not

My pick Surf wins it all. Very well trained team and deep in talent. They have the most talented player in our age group on that team I believe.
Good luck to all who play this weekend.

Wish NTX had such a tourney for U10, get all the top teams in one place. Good luck to each of the final 4. 4 of the Nations top 8 teams, how fortunate y'all are to be able to play in this.

As a side note: Solar and Selecao square off this coming Sat morning as well.

Are Albion, Soccer Devils and SDSC Navy traveling to Chicago in June? Anyone else? Several Texas teams should be traveling up there.Solar for sure, and possibly Kicks/Selecao, Texas South and Sting.

https://www.premiersupercopa.com/2017-teams

Back