State Cup Presidents

Wish NTX had such a tourney for U10, get all the top teams in one place. Good luck to each of the final 4. 4 of the Nations top 8 teams, how fortunate y'all are to be able to play in this.

As a side note: Solar and Selecao square off this coming Sat morning as well.

Are Albion, Soccer Devils and SDSC Navy traveling to Chicago in June? Anyone else? Several Texas teams should be traveling up there.Solar for sure, and possibly Kicks/Selecao, Texas South and Sting.

https://www.premiersupercopa.com/2017-teams
Potentially a fantastic field.
Did they change the venue for this year? I thought this one was played in Plano.
Our team is unsure as to which out of state tourney we will attend next season. I would imagine it will mirror what the 06 team will do.

Congrats to Surf 07. Great team with best performance throughout year and still had to beat Blues, Strikers and Albion last 3 games to repeat as champs.

Hats off to a very talented group of girls.

anybody care to comment on how the gm was? Did Albion stand a chance? Score at halftime? 3-1 does not seem too bad. I know the 2006 final was impacted by wind. Was this gm also impacted as well? Would of like to seen the semis and finals. All quality teams. Good luck to everyone next year.

anybody care to comment on how the gm was? Did Albion stand a chance? Score at halftime? 3-1 does not seem too bad. I know the 2006 final was impacted by wind. Was this gm also impacted as well? Would of like to seen the semis and finals. All quality teams. Good luck to everyone next year.
It was a very competitive game. Surf won the toss and elected to go against the wind in the first half. The game remained scoreless at the half. Not a ton of chances for either team in the first half. The wind certainly reaked havoc. Surf defended well and so did Albion. Albion man marked both Surf strikers which isn't an easy task. They did well to contain them.
The second half started with Albion getting some nice pressure but couldn't get anything of any real value in the final third. Surf finally broke through with a goal off a rebound and minutes later hit another one in off a free kick rebound that was shot by the center back of Surf just over midfield. The final goal for Surf came off of a ball won in the back passed up to #7 who made a beautiful move past two Albion defenders and buried the shot in the corner.
Albion finally broke through with a late goal off of a nice play down the wing and cross. The finish was nicely placed. Time ran out a few minutes after.
It was a clean and competitive game. The winds were high.

0-0 at half, seems like the second half Surf began to warm up. Credit to Albion, improved a lot towards the end of the year. A couple new faces and they can be a force. Good luck to everyone at try outs. I know we will have some new faces on our team. Bring on the 2017 season!

Ps. Thanks for the recap.

Congratulations to the Surf 07 girls for finishing #1 in the nation. It was an amazing year.
In all competitive matches the team had a record of 53-4-1. Losses came to Blues (spring), Eagles (Surf Cup Semi) Albion (Blues Cup Final) and Strikers (league) The tie came against Blues in league play. None of the losses were by more than a goal.
371 goals scored with 63 against.
+5.31 goal differential per game.
On to next season! Age group kickarounds this week. lol

Surf squad was phenomenal and a model of consistency. The numbers they put up from every line on the field speaks to how involved and in sync these girls were with each other. Their backline probably outscored some teams for the year on their own!

Congratulations to the Surf 07 girls for finishing #1 in the nation. It was an amazing year.
In all competitive matches the team had a record of 53-4-1. Losses came to Blues (spring), Eagles (Surf Cup Semi) Albion (Blues Cup Final) and Strikers (league) The tie came against Blues in league play. None of the losses were by more than a goal.
371 goals scored with 63 against.
+5.31 goal differential per game.
On to next season! Age group kickarounds this week. lol
Congrats to Surf. The most consistent team in the age bracket this year and a deserved win in the final. 2017 will be a fun year to watch the girls go from 7v7 to 9v9 and see which teams will have a breakout year! I also believe now that the girls are growing and maturing the gaps will begin to close. Teams will add and subtract players and coaches will change which can shake things up! I saw a lot of dominating teams this year still rely on pure speed and strength, that will begin to change. The coaches that actually started to teach the game, passing, positioning, ball movement and did not worry about wins and loses are the ones this year that I feel will start to be rewarded, especially on a bigger field. I think Albion was a prime example of a team that was being taught to play the game properly and they were rewarded with a trip to the final. Sky is the limit for those girls! The talent level of 2007 girls is amazing and I as a parent am looking forward to seeing them play for years to come! Good Luck to all and again Congrats to Surf, Well deserved!

Back