SoCal Soccer Attitude Change

You just have to be firm and respectful. If the parents don't understand. Then you send them on their way to the car.what parents don't understand that in the end parent gets sent away. And the coach misses the next game . Thanks to the parents on his own team.

Jdiaz....you have all the answers...you may be the Anti-Christ...

This sounds like a "bully" mentality..

Is this your forum? Is there some sort of blog rule that says "new members" cannot blog until they earn it?
Seriously jdiaz, what are you really going to do...get in a blog fight with a person who has a different opinion than yours. Its another sad example of intimidation, on a thread that is supposed to be about collaboration, compassion and character. Of course this may well be a reflection of your sideline behavior, so hopefully some of my "unicorns and light" optimism will rub off on you..

I wonder which "side" of the sideline you stand on...

But by goodness when they differ from your opinion call them the anti Christ. Bless your heart

I have this great calming technique you can use. You count to 1000 and roll your head back and forth and then recite some Creed lyrics. It helps center me.

Don't sleep on Creed... great song writing and music!

When dreaming I'm guided to another world
Time and time again
At sunrise I fight to stay asleep
'Cause I don't want to leave the comfort of this place
'Cause there's a hunger, a longing to escape
From the life I live when I'm awake
So let's go there
Let's make our escape
Come on, let's go there
Let's ask can we stay?

Can you take me Higher?
To a place where blind men see
Can you take me Higher?
To a place with golden streets

Although I would like our world to change
It helps me to appreciate
Those nights and those dreams
But, my friend, I'd sacrifice all those nights
If I could make the Earth and my dreams the same
The only difference is
To let love replace all our hate
So let's go there
Let's make our escape
Come on, let's go there
Let's ask can we stay?

Can you take me Higher?
Can you take me Higher?

So lets go there, lets go there,
Come on, lets go there
Lets ask can we stay?

Up high I feel like I'm alive for the very first time
Set up high I'm strong enough to take these dreams
And make them mine
And make them mine

Can you take me Higher?
Can you take me Higher?

Can you take me Higher?
Can you take me Higher?

Don't sleep on Creed... great song writing and music!

When dreaming I'm guided to another world
Time and time again
At sunrise I fight to stay asleep
'Cause I don't want to leave the comfort of this place
'Cause there's a hunger, a longing to escape
From the life I live when I'm awake
So let's go there
Let's make our escape
Come on, let's go there
Let's ask can we stay?

Can you take me Higher?
Can you take me Higher?

Although I would like our world to change
It helps me to appreciate
Those nights and those dreams
But, my friend, I'd sacrifice all those nights
If I could make the Earth and my dreams the same
The only difference is
To let love replace all our hate
So let's go there
Let's make our escape
Come on, let's go there
Let's ask can we stay?

Can you take me Higher?
Can you take me Higher?

So lets go there, lets go there,
Come on, lets go there
Lets ask can we stay?

Up high I feel like I'm alive for the very first time
And make them mine
And make them mine

Can you take me Higher?
Can you take me Higher?

Can you take me Higher?
Can you take me Higher?

I thought you would go for Arms Wide Open. I like it...nice choice! Don't tell me that a little sideline music wouldn't help break up some intensity!

It's by choice that you choose to ref and not be with your families. Because you want to make extra money. Please don't use the I'm taking time away from my family. If you had to do it for free would you still do it. I have nothing against people making extra money but when you the I'm taking time away from my family. Doesn't work here. High school soccer that reviews is totally different than calsouth. Calsouth should have a referee that is in charge of reviewing games and how did the referee did. They don't have it. Like I said they're good refs and bad refs. In the end you wouldn't do it for free. And that's the plain truth.

It's by choice that you choose to ref and not be with your families. Because you want to make extra money. Please don't use the I'm taking time away from my family. If you had to do it for free would you still do it. I have nothing against people making extra money but when you the I'm taking time away from my family. Doesn't work here. High school soccer that reviews is totally different than calsouth. Calsouth should have a referee that is in charge of reviewing games and how did the referee did. They don't have it. Like I said they're good refs and bad refs. In the end you wouldn't do it for free. And that's the plain truth.
wrong again. aren't you tired of being wrong with every single post? i would do it for free. have done it for free. i do it because i love doing, am good at it, and there's no better place to watch a game than in the middle of it. and it's your choice to flip burgers too. anyway, i'm bored pointing out that you're just not up to speed.

I primarily referee because I really enjoy it, the extra income is just an added perk. Oh, but I do referee for free. Worked the Breast Cancer tournament last summer and gave all my fees to the Breast Cancer organization that sponsored the tournament. I also work AYSO games which I do not get paid for. I see Baldref out there refereeing AYSO for free also. You won't hear me complaining about being away from my family. If I was not refereeing my shopaholic wife would try to drag me shopping with her. That is why I have a good number of hobbies; surfing, hiking, running, hunting, target shooting, and woodwork.

If you are not happy with your kids referee than send an email to the referee's association along with a link to the You Tube or Vimeo video that backs up your claims.

The issue is as I see it is a lack of consistency among refs across the board. My dd has played in all three leagues in SoCal each has different standards when it comes to physical play and how refs respond to parents. I have. Seen refs confront the parents before the game even started telling them to stay quiet or they would get kicked out and I have seen some refs allow what amounted to a street fight take place with no cards and few fouls. I am not sure how the assignment process woks but perhaps assigning refs to only one league or one field would help. What one person perceives as "abuse " other refs just let go and expect as passion for the game and emotion for team. What is see as an issue is the difference between a fan and a parent. As the sport progresses, fans increase, and how does a ref hold a fan to the same standard as a parent, let alone a coach. Being a ref is a thankless job but one that some obviously enjoy. Honestly don't even really like soccer to much drama. so I m glad I am almost done as my dd is about to go off to college

I primarily referee because I really enjoy it, the extra income is just an added perk. Oh, but I do referee for free. Worked the Breast Cancer tournament last summer and gave all my fees to the Breast Cancer organization that sponsored the tournament. I also work AYSO games which I do not get paid for. I see Baldref out there refereeing AYSO for free also. You won't hear me complaining about being away from my family. If I was not refereeing my shopaholic wife would try to drag me shopping with her. That is why I have a good number of hobbies; surfing, hiking, running, hunting, target shooting, and woodwork.

If you are not happy with your kids referee than send an email to the referee's association along with a link to the You Tube or Vimeo video that backs up your claims.
Thank you for what you do. Alot of people do it for all the wrong reasons. I hope I didn't offend you. If I did I'm very sorry. And again thank you for what you do my respect to you and your family understanding why you do it.

Thank you for what you do. Alot of people do it for all the wrong reasons. I hope I didn't offend you. If I did I'm very sorry. And again thank you for what you do my respect to you and your family understanding why you do it.

Wow!! Jdiaz!! My man!!! I can see you now on the sidelines as cool as the other side of the pillow!! Could this be the start of a new, kinder gentler you...I hope so.

Can you imagine if everybody had this kind of respect for refs every weekend!!
If the only thing that comes out of this thread is jdiaz becoming a better role model for sideline behavior...then I will be a happy man...
And if you can spread your new found respect to other parents...well then we would really have something now wouldn't we...good job jdiaz!!

Although, I don't understand what all the "wrong reasons" people ref for are??!??... you got me scratching my head on that one...

The guy at Subway doesn't get a free pass because he's behind a counter all day.

I meant to bring this up the other day.

The guy who actually makes my sandwiches at Subway does get a free pass from me! He works his ass off, especially during the summer when everybody is at his shop on 28th and Balboa Blvd in Newport Beach. His name is Casey and he is one of the original members of Social Distortion! His band D.I. Is still playing and he has about 5 albums available on iTunes. If you get a chance, stop by and say hello, he's a great guy and makes a pretty mean meatball special!

Check out D.I.'s - OC Life off of Ancient Artifacts...

I meant to bring this up the other day.

The guy who actually makes my sandwiches at Subway does get a free pass from me! He works his ass off, especially during the summer when everybody is at his shop on 28th and Balboa Blvd in Newport Beach. His name is Casey and he is one of the original members of Social Distortion! His band D.I. Is still playing and he has about 5 albums available on iTunes. If you get a chance, stop by and say hello, he's a great guy and makes a pretty mean meatball special!

Check out D.I.'s - OC Life off of Ancient Artifacts...
Really social distortion!!!

Wow!! Jdiaz!! My man!!! I can see you now on the sidelines as cool as the other side of the pillow!! Could this be the start of a new, kinder gentler you...I hope so.

Can you imagine if everybody had this kind of respect for refs every weekend!!
If the only thing that comes out of this thread is jdiaz becoming a better role model for sideline behavior...then I will be a happy man...
And if you can spread your new found respect to other parents...well then we would really have something now wouldn't we...good job jdiaz!!
My son has played with jdiaz's son, you are barking up the wrong tree if you are looking for someone that gets on the refs. I think you are taking feelings about refs said here and assuming that it means they are on the sidelines lighting up the refs. Couldn't be further from the truth, this is just one example. As for doing it for the wrong reasons, have had multiple refs say to my face that they do it for the easy money. While I think it is far from easy, the pay per hour is pretty good in relation to a lot of other jobs, you more or less work when you can, and there is little to no worry about the job that you do. I know we have surfref at a lot of our local tournaments overseeing refs, especially at 4S, but outside of that I see it little. No accountability is a dangerous thing.

Back