Silverlakes Summer Showcase?

LA Galaxy G 99 DA played a great final at Surf Cup against So Cal Blues DA
LAG 2 Blues 5
Beautiful weather at Surf Cup.
Didn't seem to be the typical sideline of college coaches due to SilverLakes. Still had plenty, just seems like in the past there were a lot more coaches.

LAG 2 Blues 5
Didn't seem to be the typical sideline of college coaches due to SilverLakes. Still had plenty, just seems like in the past there were a lot more coaches.
College coaches seemed to be there in mass Friday and Saturday.

LAG 2 Blues 5
It's Tuesday...and most of this age group is already committed. There is not much money out there for the 2018 Grad class, unless a player qualifies for "as need $$". Usually those players are hoping just to get a roster spot. At SL's this age group had a great turnout on Friday (surf started Saturday). On the other 2 days...maybe 10 Coaches per game. The younger age, 01/02's had a strong turnout at SL and from what I was told, even more at Surf. Coaches are leaning towards that 01/02 age group right now. Maybe someone can shed a little info how many Coaches showed up to the 01/02 final at Surf. Thanks

It's Tuesday...and most of this age group is already committed. There is not much money out there for the 2018 Grad class, unless a player qualifies for "as need $$". Usually those players are hoping just to get a roster spot. At SL's this age group had a great turnout on Friday (surf started Saturday). On the other 2 days...maybe 10 Coaches per game. The younger age, 01/02's had a strong turnout at SL and from what I was told, even more at Surf. Coaches are leaning towards that 01/02 age group right now. Maybe someone can shed a little info how many Coaches showed up to the 01/02 final at Surf. Thanks
It's also August 1, the 1st offical training day for college teams.

Agreed 2018 spots with athletic money are slim to none. What's left are roster spots with academic or need based money.

2019 are filling up fast. The process seems to accelerate each year (thanks Texas). By Dec. I expect the 2019's to be full for D1.

Still plenty of time for outstanding academic D3 schools like MIT, Carnegie Mellon, Williams, Pomona, Claremont , etc.

Agreed 2018 spots with athletic money are slim to none. What's left are roster spots with academic or need based money.

2019 are filling up fast. The process seems to accelerate each year (thanks Texas). By Dec. I expect the 2019's to be full for D1.

Still plenty of time for outstanding academic D3 schools like MIT, Carnegie Mellon, Williams, Pomona, Claremont , etc.
Also NAIA, and DII still looking for 2018 talent...and NAIA has $$ and easier rules to get recruited. DI is not for everyone...it's a business and your kid is always looking over her shoulder waiting for the new shiny toy to show up on campus. My oldest went the NAIA route and got an expensive quality education paid for because she could dribble a basketball. Crazy but there are Coaches looking at the 2021 Class.

And I am just sitting here thinking how funny with would be to order some college gear and carry a clipboard and pretend to take notes. Who's in? How about ulittle Surf Cup for best affect
I tried to get a white chair, seriously, with my college gear on and they wouldn't give me one :eek::D.

Like many other teams, our team hands out player bio pamphlets and asks each coach for their name, school and contact info. Based on the data collected, about 50 different colleges were represented at my DD's G01/02 DA Friday game (not all at once, some coaches could possibly have only been there for five minutes). And about 40 coaches at Saturday's game. Don't have the data yet for semis on Monday and finals on Tuesday, but the numbers seemed to be way down from the weekend games.

Sorry but the playing surfaces at Oceanside were immaculate.
Nice fields no doubt. I have heard some here say Surf for the summer and SilverLakes for Thanksgiving. I dont have an opinion as of yet but will be better informed after this November.

Back