Silverlakes Summer Showcase?

I was posing as a college coach with all my UCLA garb. I'm assuming all the experienced refs went to Surf Cup, because our refs were garbage. Unless the rules have changed overnight?

I don't even hear crickets in this thread. I would have thought there would be posting about how the sidelines were filled with tons of college coaches.
Sorry NG...I couldn't care less about the sidelines. I spent all weekend going back and forth between Norco and DelMar, 2 kids playing at different showcases...sucks! Although day 1 at SL we had about 30 coaches for an 8:30 am game...not bad. Over on the boys side at Del Mar for the top non DA U16 bracket...didnt see a lot of attention from College Coaches.

I was posing as a college coach with all my UCLA garb. I'm assuming all the experienced refs went to Surf Cup, because our refs were garbage. Unless the rules have changed overnight?
Refs were garbage both days and today only 1 soccer ball. AR said many had gone missing since Friday so instead of having each team supply a ball you play with 1 and chase all over the track. Surf Cup does not have much to worry about.

Refs were garbage both days and today only 1 soccer ball. AR said many had gone missing since Friday so instead of having each team supply a ball you play with 1 and chase all over the track. Surf Cup does not have much to worry about.

Only 1 ball at Surf Cup this year also.

had a great experience at Silverlakes - great refs, 20+ college coaches (top 20 D1 plus others) at each game, 3 balls at each match. No complaints and don't believe all the haters on this forum...

No, each field received two balls. We only used one on my fields both days and did not have to wait more than 2-5 seconds for the keepers to get the ball and set up for goal kicks. There were enough people around the fields that the ball was returned to the field almost instantaneously. Surf Cup has always used only 1-2 soccer balls.

No, each field received two balls. We only used one on my fields both days and did not have to wait more than 2-5 seconds for the keepers to get the ball and set up for goal kicks. There were enough people around the fields that the ball was returned to the field almost instantaneously. Surf Cup has always used only 1-2 soccer balls.
Dam Nike, getting chincy with the soccer balls.

The Nike soccer balls at Surf Cup were the $160 ones.

I was refereeing boys at Surf Cup today. All B16 games. Had about 15-20 college coaches at each game. One of the D2 coaches commented that most of the "big schools" went to Silverlakes to watch the DA games. There were no DA games today at Surf Cup. I did see a lot of the college coaches talking to the club coaches and players after the games.

I was refereeing boys at Surf Cup today. All B16 games. Had about 15-20 college coaches at each game. One of the D2 coaches commented that most of the "big schools" went to Silverlakes to watch the DA games. There were no DA games today at Surf Cup. I did see a lot of the college coaches talking to the club coaches and players after the games.
Beach FC vs TFA BU16 didn't have any College Coaches at the 8:00am game...and only one ball. TFA used the one ball as a stall technique to burn the clock. At U16, College Coaches can't talk to players, only the Club Coach. But Ref I always respect your post as informative...thanks for the feedback. I would say that Surf Cup in July and Silver Lakes in November would be my choice. But at the end of the day parents are handcuffed by where the Club picks as their showcase opportunity. I will finish with Del Mar has done a real good with the polo fields in regards to parking and getting vehicles in and out. I still think SL has a better facility and getting better, i.e. Fields, parking, seating area, New Restaurant. But the big factor is that lovely July weather in Norco...it had to be about 100 degrees but only 95 in the shade. I hope everyone on this board got an offer for their DD this weekend regardless where they played.

had a great experience at Silverlakes - great refs, 20+ college coaches (top 20 D1 plus others) at each game, 3 balls at each match. No complaints and don't believe all the haters on this forum...
Must have been Girls. There was maybe 1 on the Men's side on Friday. Zero on Sat and Sun

And I am just sitting here thinking how funny with would be to order some college gear and carry a clipboard and pretend to take notes. Who's in? How about ulittle Surf Cup for best affect

And I am just sitting here thinking how funny with would be to order some college gear and carry a clipboard and pretend to take notes. Who's in? How about ulittle Surf Cup for best affect
OMG...thing of all the food we can get from the hospitality tent at Surf and if we do it at Silver Lakes we can get sushi, a trip to the whisky bar, and chauffeured around in a cool golf cart...lol. That's one way of getting back some of this Club money we have all paid into. Just make sure you use a school that has a coach on the "hot seat", this way other coaches will think your part of the possible new staff.

And make sure to sit by the coach of the school your dd wants to go to and keep pointing out how great your dd is every time she touches the ball.

Dead parent give aways -
Send it
Kick the ball
Nice try
Clear it
Just get it
Be aggressive
Go after the ball

Potential coachism-
Unlucky
Now play
Just play
Just shoot the ball
You'll get it next time

Cannot comment on Silver Lakes, but our experience at Surf involved plenty of coaches, but only one very nice ball.

Heard that an infamous coach managed to get red carded at Surf and his team had to forefiet when he refused to leave the field -- in a college showcase. I hope it is just a not so funny jest.

Back