Silverlakes Summer Showcase?

Cannot comment on Silver Lakes, but our experience at Surf involved plenty of coaches, but only one very nice ball.

Heard that an infamous coach managed to get red carded at Surf and his team had to forefiet when he refused to leave the field -- in a college showcase. I hope it is just a not so funny jest.
I also heard the same story!

No, each field received two balls. We only used one on my fields both days and did not have to wait more than 2-5 seconds for the keepers to get the ball and set up for goal kicks. There were enough people around the fields that the ball was returned to the field almost instantaneously. Surf Cup has always used only 1-2 soccer balls.

Who cares how many balls you have - only one ball was used.

Cannot comment on Silver Lakes, but our experience at Surf involved plenty of coaches, but only one very nice ball.

Heard that an infamous coach managed to get red carded at Surf and his team had to forefiet when he refused to leave the field -- in a college showcase. I hope it is just a not so funny jest.
Why protect the identity of "infamous" coach? Who was it? I know too many coaches who get hammered on this forum to know who you are referring to.

That's no bueno!

And I am just sitting here thinking how funny with would be to order some college gear and carry a clipboard and pretend to take notes. Who's in? How about ulittle Surf Cup for best affect

The younger parents would be losing their minds thinking a college coach was watching their little 12 year old.

Beach FC vs TFA BU16 didn't have any College Coaches at the 8:00am game...and only one ball. TFA used the one ball as a stall technique to burn the clock. At U16, College Coaches can't talk to players, only the Club Coach. But Ref I always respect your post as informative...thanks for the feedback. I would say that Surf Cup in July and Silver Lakes in November would be my choice. But at the end of the day parents are handcuffed by where the Club picks as their showcase opportunity. I will finish with Del Mar has done a real good with the polo fields in regards to parking and getting vehicles in and out. I still think SL has a better facility and getting better, i.e. Fields, parking, seating area, New Restaurant. But the big factor is that lovely July weather in Norco...it had to be about 100 degrees but only 95 in the shade. I hope everyone on this board got an offer for their DD this weekend regardless where they played.

The coaches I saw talking to players were from NAIA/JC schools, which I believe they are allowed to talk to the players. I know two of the JC and one of the NAIA coaches very well. They and a few other college coaches they were sitting with were the ones talking to the players and are the ones that told me about the D1 coaches going to Silverlakes on Sunday.

Sorry NG...I couldn't care less about the sidelines. I spent all weekend going back and forth between Norco and DelMar, 2 kids playing at different showcases...sucks! Although day 1 at SL we had about 30 coaches for an 8:30 am game...not bad. Over on the boys side at Del Mar for the top non DA U16 bracket...didnt see a lot of attention from College Coaches.[/QUO
I was refereeing boys at Surf Cup today. All B16 games. Had about 15-20 college coaches at each game. One of the D2 coaches commented that most of the "big schools" went to Silverlakes to watch the DA games. There were no DA games today at Surf Cup. I did see a lot of the college coaches talking to the club coaches and players after the games.

What? I thought boys start Surf Cup next weekend.

Surf was a great experience, nice fields, very friendly volunteers, lots of colleges scouts and really,really hot moms.
The only thing that I didn't care for was the CC card only at the Surf store.

Hmm don't see it anywhere and they are still playing

@MakeAPlay @devupa ok this isn't about one coach but seriously when dev wrote me last week I absolutely thought of this...
Why in the world does a college coach- aka a higher level than club high school- care about what a club coach thinks? Honestly.
Then you have an experience with an unhinged coach with impulse control issues, or let's see you have your backstabbing diva one we all know, and the question is why?
Guidance counselors letters mean nothing to admissions anymore.
Why do local coaches?

Hmm don't see it anywhere and they are still playing
I was watching a game on the field the Blues were on next and all the parents were sitting around me, it happened.
I heard the girls and parents talking about it and there was a question whether or not they would forfeit or be disqualified all together because both coaches got booted.
That is what I think I heard.

I was watching a game on the field the Blues were on next and all the parents were sitting around me, it happened.
I heard the girls and parents talking about it and there was a question whether or not they would forfeit or be disqualified all together because both coaches got booted.
That is what I think I heard.
WOW, both brothers! I guess winning is attached to their personal self-worth. They should be more focused on showcasing what their girls can do on the pitch to promote and market them to the college coaches watching. Instead they made themselves the focus.....pathetic!

Again it's all about certain players on these star teams. Parents need to wake up. Again MAP was right 4,6,11,20 bam that's it the rest good luck.
People don't like the truth because it's "mean" here. It's not mean and it's our fault if we don't place our kid in the best possible position to be a star and noticed.

@MakeAPlay @devupa ok this isn't about one coach but seriously when dev wrote me last week I absolutely thought of this...
Why in the world does a college coach- aka a higher level than club high school- care about what a club coach thinks? Honestly.
Then you have an experience with an unhinged coach with impulse control issues, or let's see you have your backstabbing diva one we all know, and the question is why?
Guidance counselors letters mean nothing to admissions anymore.
Why do local coaches?

They care what a coach thinks because they want to know about the things that you can't see on the field. Whether the kid is a team player, how coachable they are, are they a mean girl, there are lots of things that a good coach can clarify for a recruiter. Then there are those idiot coaches.... My recommendation is to avoid the idiots come recruiting time.

Again it's all about certain players on these star teams. Parents need to wake up. Again MAP was right 4,6,11,20 bam that's it the rest good luck.
People don't like the truth because it's "mean" here. It's not mean and it's our fault if we don't place our kid in the best possible position to be a star and noticed.

I don't say things to be mean. I just know how much sugar coating most of the people on this forum are forced to consume and since I have no skin in the game it is easy for me to be blunt...

They care what a coach thinks because they want to know about the things that you can't see on the field. Whether the kid is a team player, how coachable they are, are they a mean girl, there are lots of things that a good coach can clarify for a recruiter. Then there are those idiot coaches.... My recommendation is to avoid the idiots come recruiting time.

So at 16 be done with the volatile, lying and Manipulative "great coaches" even when they win National titles. Got it.
Seriously is an epidemic.
Some of these guys couldn't hold a real job off a pitch if they tried and they are going to give insight to a college coach? Yeah no. Nope.
As for the things you listed our age group has a nice group of coaches who ENCOURAGE the behaviors you listed and their character is as good as mud so again not hopeful. Reason 797998 I am glad I took your advice a year ago

So at 16 be done with the volatile, lying and Manipulative "great coaches" even when they win National titles. Got it.
Seriously is an epidemic.
Some of these guys couldn't hold a real job off a pitch if they tried and they are going to give insight to a college coach? Yeah no. Nope.
As for the things you listed our age group has a nice group of coaches who ENCOURAGE the behaviors you listed and their character is as good as mud so again not hopeful. Reason 797998 I am glad I took your advice a year ago

Unfortunately at that point you have to be working on the stuff your player will need in order to succeed at the next level. Playing politics at that point is counterproductive for your player. @Striker17 you are very smart to focus on your player. It will definitely pay off.

Back