Silverlakes Summer Showcase?

Hawkeye

BRONZE
What if any top teams are playing the silverlakes summer showcase instead of surf?

Silverlakes complex has the nicest soccer facilities in SoCal. Unfortunately Norco is blazing hot in the summer. I cannot be the only one that would rather be at the Polo Fields or Oceanside complex for Surf in the summer.

Which LA Galaxy :)
This would be the LA Galaxy Girls DA based out of Stub Hub Center. Just for clarification, on the boys threads, the actual (Stub Hub) LA Galaxy DA is always just referred to as LA Galaxy. Any other affiliated clubs are always noted as such, for example LA Galaxy South Bay (LAGSB), or LA Galaxy OC.
Hope this helps:)

Silverlakes complex has the nicest soccer facilities in SoCal. Unfortunately Norco is blazing hot in the summer. I cannot be the only one that would rather be at the Polo Fields or Oceanside complex for Surf in the summer.

The fields are starting to show use. Getting in can take 20 minutes and last weekend it took 30 minutes to get out.

It is crazy hot.

Oceanside has issues, the parking in dirt. The smell of the mulch farm. Although Norco had a cow smell to it last Saturday too. The heat is not there.

My question is there a DA Bracket? Or because it is before August 1, not neccesaary yet?

There are 12 DA teams in the 01/02 and 99/00 brackets at Surf. Not sure on 03 or 04 as I didn't ask.

Oceanside has issues, the parking in dirt. The smell of the mulch farm. Although Norco had a cow smell to it last Saturday too.
CaliKlines, I told you SilverLakes has the smell of cow shit in the air, when the wind blows east. The cow farms even though many have relocated to Bakersfield the past decade are located a couple miles southwest of Haven Ave.

You hyped up eating sushi at SilverLakes, lmao!

The fields are starting to show use. Getting in can take 20 minutes and last weekend it took 30 minutes to get out.

It is crazy hot.

Oceanside has issues, the parking in dirt. The smell of the mulch farm. Although Norco had a cow smell to it last Saturday too. The heat is not there.

My question is there a DA Bracket? Or because it is before August 1, not neccesaary yet?

There are 12 DA teams in the 01/02 and 99/00 brackets at Surf. Not sure on 03 or 04 as I didn't ask.
I like silver lakes, close to home nice, fields. The biggest issue I have is the poor kids that have to play on the turf in the summer.

During the summer Silverlakes should schedule more games before noon, and later games late afternoon and into the evening. Stuck playing in Riverside this coming weekend and high 90's are expected. Not fun.

Yep, Strict guidelines. Can't play before 9:00 am. If playing two days in a row there needs to be 18 hours between kickoffs. Can't play more than one game a day and can't play three days in a row.

Yep, Strict guidelines. Can't play before 9:00 am. If playing two days in a row there needs to be 18 hours between kickoffs. Can't play more than one game a day and can't play three days in a row.
Think this is not a bad rule...With larger fields when older, turf, heat/summer (when many tourneys are played) mid fielders especially - the running they do and the physical play they endour as they get older - this is a smart thing... Okay with U-littles playing more games in a day at times as the games are shorter and playing on "postage stamps" at times. What other heavy running sports at elite levels play multiple games is a day with sometimes minimal subing. Dehydration with fatigue = higher chances of injury. We were at Silverlakes recently in the heat and the second game of the day was brutal for the players... You are not getting the best play from anyone - even the refs...

Back