SCDSL Fall 2016 Schedule

There are definitely coaches teaching the "good foul" mentality to 10 year olds. I won't call them out here because we don't play for a coach that teaches this type of philosophy, but as parents on these sidelines you should speak up.

I've had friends flat out tell me their club teaches forwards to constantly foul the defenders in an attempt to earn PK's when the 10 year old defender gets frustrated by it. That's all well and good, however when this 10 year old is feeling the pressure put on her by the coach, her parents, and the new superstar prospect to keep her starting spot on the flight 1 team, how much aggression do you think she'll put into that next "good foul"?

To make this problem worse referee's for some reason are afraid to issue cards at this age so the kid doesn't even learn not to do it, the coach encourages it, so the kid increases the aggression next time. At this point the only thing that might teach this kid how to actually play soccer is injuring herself or another player.

I appreciate the response, but I want to know who the teams and clubs are that are dirty.

The build out rule and no heading rule will definitely be in place for Surf Challenge. Good luck to all the 06 participants.

Great game to finish the season between Legends and LAGSB. 1-1 tie and a hard battle between both teams. Really love what we are seeing with the majority of teams in the age group. Teams really trying to play similar systems. Tough right now on the small field with the 9th player and its going to stress teams even further as girls get bigger next year. Keeping the ball on the ground is HARD! But, when they do, it is awesome to watch. Now we get ready for the road to State Cup!!!

Back