SCDSL Fall 2016 Schedule

1 month in, and looks like Legends is top team in the North and South just looks flat out strong! Couple surprising games this weekend with RSC beating Galaxy 1-0 and Slammers Salazar beating a very strong Beach Perez team 1-0. Should be a fun Sunday at Showcase with some strong games. I'm told it was crazy windy this last weekend in Norco, so hopefully that is gone by this weekend.

6669 9:25 am LA Galaxy South Bay Girls 2006 Elite vs San Diego Surf EGSL Academy 2006 Silverlakes Soccer Complex #09
6670 9:55 am Legends FC G06 FC vs Anaheim Surf Soccer Club G2006 EGSL-Whitfield Silverlakes Soccer Complex #10
6671 9:55 am Beach FC - Long Beach G06 R.Perez vs So Cal Blues 2006 Rennie - Mulligan Silverlakes Soccer Complex #11
6672 9:55 am CDA Slammers FC - Cerritos G06 Salazar EGSL vs Strikers FC - OC 2006 Egsl Silverlakes Soccer Complex #12
6673 9:55 am Real So Cal G06 White vs So Cal Blues 2006 Holley Silverlakes Soccer Complex #13
6674 9:55 am Beach FC - South Bay G06 Milner vs West Coast FC G06 Swanson Silverlakes Soccer Complex #14
6675 9:55 am Beach FC - South Bay G06 DiGenova vs Irvine Slammers FC G06 EGSL Winn Silverlakes Soccer Complex #15
6676 9:55 am CZ Elite G06-Cherif vs Strikers FC - OC 2006 Black Silverlakes Soccer Complex #16
6677 9:55 am FC Premier G2006 - Linares vs Slammers FC G2006 Silverlakes Soccer Complex #17A
6678 9:55 am LA Galaxy South Bay Girls 2006 Elite II vs Murrieta Surf G06 White Silverlakes Soccer Complex #18
6679 10:25 am Strikers FC - North G06 SM vs San Diego Surf Academy Girls (Brookfield) 2006 Silverlakes Soccer Complex #19A
6680 2:10 pm Anaheim Surf Soccer Club G2006 EGSL-Whitfield vs LA Galaxy South Bay Girls 2006 Elite Silverlakes Soccer Complex #09
6681 2:10 pm San Diego Surf EGSL Academy 2006 vs Legends FC G06 FC Silverlakes Soccer Complex #10
6682 2:10 pm Strikers FC - OC 2006 Egsl vs Beach FC - Long Beach G06 R.Perez Silverlakes Soccer Complex #11
6683 2:10 pm So Cal Blues 2006 Rennie - Mulligan vs CDA Slammers FC - Cerritos G06 Salazar EGSL Silverlakes Soccer Complex #12
6684 2:10 pm West Coast FC G06 Swanson vs Real So Cal G06 White Silverlakes Soccer Complex #13
6685 2:10 pm So Cal Blues 2006 Holley vs Beach FC - South Bay G06 Milner Silverlakes Soccer Complex #14
6686 2:40 pm Strikers FC - OC 2006 Black vs Beach FC - South Bay G06 DiGenova Silverlakes Soccer Complex #16
6687 2:40 pm Irvine Slammers FC G06 EGSL Winn vs CZ Elite G06-Cherif Silverlakes Soccer Complex #17A
6688 2:40 pm Strikers FC - North G06 SM vs FC Premier G2006 - Linares Silverlakes Soccer Complex #18
6689 2:40 pm San Diego Surf Academy Girls (Brookfield) 2006 vs LA Galaxy South Bay Girls 2006 Elite II Silverlakes Soccer Complex #19A
6690 2:40 pm Slammers FC G2006 vs Murrieta Surf G06 White Silverlakes Soccer Complex #20A

Legends double dipping with games against both Surf teams this weekend.
Anaheim and San Diego .The last 2 games Legends vs Anaheim were 1-1 ties going to shootouts with both teams taking 1 game. San Diego Surf has had the Legends # over the past couple seasons and also beating them 2-1 in pool play at Surf this year. One thing for sure, the games are going to be really competitive. Looking forward to it. See you out there Sunday !!

I think the only thing we learned this weekend is that you can't make predictions amongst the top teams. Looking forward to Surf Thanksgiving and State Cup.

I heard there was a lot of inconsistencies I the enforcement of the various "new rules" at Showcase. Some teams played goal kicks, some allowed for different interpretations on how the Play Out line was enforced (mainly when the defending team could enter that "zone"). I've seen it during league and I honestly think the leagues need to help the officiating crews with more concise information.

I heard there was a lot of inconsistencies I the enforcement of the various "new rules" at Showcase. Some teams played goal kicks, some allowed for different interpretations on how the Play Out line was enforced (mainly when the defending team could enter that "zone"). I've seen it during league and I honestly think the leagues need to help the officiating crews with more concise information.
Yes there was. Our coach made a point of communicating with the ref's prior to each game to make sure everyone was on the same page.

We (CZ Elite) had a problem with the refs not knowing the new rules when we played vs Irvine Slammers. Once our keeper put down the ball and took a touch the opposing player rushed her and scored a goal. The rules state the opposing team cannot enter the build out line until the ball leaves the penalty area or is touched by an attacking player other than the goalkeeper. The refs excuse was he just learned the rule in the morning and was still "adjusting" to it.

We (CZ Elite) had a problem with the refs not knowing the new rules when we played vs Irvine Slammers. Once our keeper put down the ball and took a touch the opposing player rushed her and scored a goal. The rules state the opposing team cannot enter the build out line until the ball leaves the penalty area or is touched by an attacking player other than the goalkeeper. The refs excuse was he just learned the rule in the morning and was still "adjusting" to it.
Have had similar experiences in League....it's a process but I think the league and coaches need to help the Ref crews and their players out by meeting pre-game to discuss.

Saw a couple of the teams play and it was clear this was the closest enforcement of the new rules. What was most interesting is, as the day went on, you could see they were getting a little better. Maybe showcase was just better for the ref crews to all share stories about what they got yelled at for!

I think we are still seeing lots of interesting results as teams are still coming together. Its definitely interesting to see how some teams are playing to take advantage of the new rules while others are trying to stick to their 'systems.' Our girls played Surf and Anaheim Surf and both were really great battles. Surf has had our number for years and we've only been able to pull out ties or a loss. Anaheim is fast and tough but still lots of skill. Great games and looking forward to the rest of league!

So a keeper in a 1-0 lead can just put down the ball and keep it in the penalty area and run out the clock?

After reading all of your stories about the rule changes, I'm grateful CSL hasn't instituted the build out rule for U11. However they have instituted the no heading rule for U11 which has been painful for a team that used headers a lot on corners during tournament season...

Do you think they will require the build out rule at surf challenge at this age level?

Will the build out rule be implemented by Cal South for State Cup? If it's used I can see CSL teams having trouble since they have not use it at all during league.

Back