SCDSL Fall 2016 Schedule

I went from hating the build-out line to liking it now. I know of a certain team that generated a ton of goals by creating turnovers from pressuring goal kicks and goalie saves, that now has to play differently.

I think it's good for the offense and the defense. If the goalie distributes to the fullback then the player has to make a decision whether to take a player on 1v1 or distribute up the field. As a result the defensive player has to play proper defense instead of charging in kamikaze-style. The goalie also has the options to throw the ball or kick the ball up the field on the roll. Options are good.

I went from hating the build-out line to liking it now. I know of a certain team that generated a ton of goals by creating turnovers from pressuring goal kicks and goalie saves, that now has to play differently.

I think it's good for the offense and the defense. If the goalie distributes to the fullback then the player has to make a decision whether to take a player on 1v1 or distribute up the field. As a result the defensive player has to play proper defense instead of charging in kamikaze-style. The goalie also has the options to throw the ball or kick the ball up the field on the roll. Options are good.

I really like the build out line. It takes away the 50/50 punt. And it makes a goal kick a slight advantage for the team that is kicking the ball out. If a team didn't have a girl that could get the ball up in the air (not uncommon for many 8/9/10 year olds) then a goal kick is more dangerous than a corner kick. Just camp out outside the 18 and wait for a flub to come to you. And many teams probably spent way too much time working on taking and defending goal kicks.

There are some good SCDSL games this weekend.

In the south...Heavyweight battle as Anaheim Surf and Strikers FC - OC 2006 Egsl go at it. Both teams are off the charts in my opinion. Should be a great game.

In the north...2 games catch my Eye. First...Legends plays Beach FC Perez. Legends is the top dog in the North for sure, but Beach Perez should give them a game. Beach is coming off a surprising loss to RSC White last weekend, so I'm sure they will come out hard. This game certainly won't lack in physicality. Second game is the RSC vs. Beach Milner. Both teams have had a strong league.

Good luck to all teams this weekend. Hopefully the rain doesn't get in the way.

There are some good SCDSL games this weekend.

In the south...Heavyweight battle as Anaheim Surf and Strikers FC - OC 2006 Egsl go at it. Both teams are off the charts in my opinion. Should be a great game.

In the north...2 games catch my Eye. First...Legends plays Beach FC Perez. Legends is the top dog in the North for sure, but Beach Perez should give them a game. Beach is coming off a surprising loss to RSC White last weekend, so I'm sure they will come out hard. This game certainly won't lack in physicality. Second game is the RSC vs. Beach Milner. Both teams have had a strong league.

Good luck to all teams this weekend. Hopefully the rain doesn't get in the way.

Predictions: Strikers, Legends, RSC. I'm not surprised that Beach lost to RSC. Beach defense is built more on physicality than soccer IQ. RSC is a good passing team. Beach and Legends play a similar style, but the difference IMO is that Legends physicality is a byproduct of natural aggression, and Beach's physicality is a result of a conscious decision to try and intimidate opponents. Legends does make some questionable tackles and challenges, but I get the sense that it's not malicious, whereas with Beach...I think they seek out physical plays. At the end of the day Legends has better players at this moment in time.

Predictions: Strikers, Legends, RSC. I'm not surprised that Beach lost to RSC. Beach defense is built more on physicality than soccer IQ. RSC is a good passing team. Beach and Legends play a similar style, but the difference IMO is that Legends physicality is a byproduct of natural aggression, and Beach's physicality is a result of a conscious decision to try and intimidate opponents. Legends does make some questionable tackles and challenges, but I get the sense that it's not malicious, whereas with Beach...I think they seek out physical plays. At the end of the day Legends has better players at this moment in time.
I agree with most of that. Legends is really good. However, I will take Anaheim over Strikers. In the South, they seem to be the top 2 teams to me, but SD Surf and Blues Rennie are right there (Blues tied Strikers but lost to Anaheim, SD Surf tied Anaheim but has a few surprising ties to others in league). The South doesn't seem to be as strong as I thought it would be...still some good teams, but not a lot of great ones.

Not sure where the questionable tackles comes from. I know the other team sets the tone on how physical they want the game to be. Last weeks match up against the CDA Slammers was a UFC match. We new going into that game that was to be expected and the referee was overwhelmed and lost control from the beginning. I have never seen this Legends team get bullied and they have been in some very physical games. The game against Dallas Sting in Surf cup Semi Finals was very a physical game.

Anaheim/Strikers. We have not played Strikers for quite awhile. Pete does a great job with the girls but I would have to go with Anaheim. They are a very talented group. Have a strong back line with arguably the best goalie in this age group. The center mid is super fast with ball and there top 2 targets are beast and finish with the best of them.

Legends/Beach. We have not played this team since Surf Thanksgiving quarter finals last year.

RSC beating Beach South Bay: Not surprising as Real So Cal has only lost 1 game so far in league (3-1 legends) .

Wish Anaheim played at home this week. I would stop and watch the game on our way home from Long Beach.

Excited for Surf Thanksgiving. Hope to see the schedules come out soon..

Back