SCDSL Fall 2016 Schedule

Beach tries to play a similar style to Legends in the sense that when the other team has the ball in its defensive third the fullback will press way up to try and take away the outlet pass to the wing and then send the ball back into the penalty area.

Legends fullbacks are bigger and stronger than Beach's and better passers. I also think that defensively the CB is better than Beach's Advantage Legends.

Attacking mids look similar to me, but Beach wins the advantage with their defensive mid. She doesn't really contribute much to the offense, but that's not what they're asking her to do. They want her to be a physical presence that breaks up any build-up play and protect the back line, which is important because I think Beach's fullbacks are undersized. Advantage Beach.

Wings/forwards. Forwards are similar to me. Legend's wings are faster and better dribblers. Beach brings a girl off the bench that I won't hesitate to call dirty. I've seen her drag girls down from behind, mistime tackles from behind and trip girls. After playing Beach I heard from my daughter that this same girl kicked and pinched her when the referee had her back turned. These tactics won't work against Legends.

Beach tries to play a similar style to Legends in the sense that when the other team has the ball in its defensive third the fullback will press way up to try and take away the outlet pass to the wing and then send the ball back into the penalty area.

Legends fullbacks are bigger and stronger than Beach's and better passers. I also think that defensively the CB is better than Beach's Advantage Legends.

Attacking mids look similar to me, but Beach wins the advantage with their defensive mid. She doesn't really contribute much to the offense, but that's not what they're asking her to do. They want her to be a physical presence that breaks up any build-up play and protect the back line, which is important because I think Beach's fullbacks are undersized. Advantage Beach.

Wings/forwards. Forwards are similar to me. Legend's wings are faster and better dribblers. Beach brings a girl off the bench that I won't hesitate to call dirty. I've seen her drag girls down from behind, mistime tackles from behind and trip girls. After playing Beach I heard from my daughter that this same girl kicked and pinched her when the referee had her back turned. These tactics won't work against Legends.
What team does your DD play for.

Also the Legends also have inserted a defensive mid fielder set recently this year. She is very physical as well and is very explosive. We will have to wait and see that match up this weekend.( I will will pump her up on the car ride down to LB) LOL

Also the Legends also have inserted a defensive mid fielder set recently this year. She is very physical as well and is very explosive. We will have to wait and see that match up this weekend.( I will will pump her up on the car ride down to LB) LOL

Wish I could claim my daughter here, but then I couldn't give honest opinions :D

Anaheim/Strikers. We have not played Strikers for quite awhile. Pete does a great job with the girls but I would have to go with Anaheim. They are a very talented group. Have a strong back line with arguably the best goalie in this age group. The center mid is super fast with ball and there top 2 targets are beast and finish with the best of them.
Both teams are very good, I like how Anaheim can switch gears with the best of them. There are times they can knock it around and there are times where they're in a "win" situation and can press and attack like crazy.

I second the props for Anaheim's keeper, very aware and reacts very well.

Have her put on a pair of Beats headphones and introduce her to Metallica. That should pp

Have her put on a pair of Beats headphones and introduce her to Metallica. That will pump her up.

You never told me the team.

That would be CDA Slammers - Salazar

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong Beep.
I would be Beach FC -2006,
Our loss against RSC , 0-1, was unfortunate but not a huge surprise being that we were without our goalie and one of our main defenders that day . No subs either so the girls had to piece it all together, taking turns in goal and just playing for love of the game. No shame in that at 9-10 years old.

That would be CDA Slammers - Salazar

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong Beep.
I would be Beach FC -2006,
Our loss against RSC , 0-1, was unfortunate but not a huge surprise being that we were without our goalie and one of our main defenders that day . No subs either so the girls had to piece it all together, taking turns in goal and just playing for love of the game. No shame in that at 9-10 years old.

I'll never tell.

Beach vs. Legends was a great game. Beach scored first, then Legends scored the equalizer with less than a minute to play in the first half. Beach's defensive mid scored a volley shot off of a beautifully placed corner kick and went up 2-1 in the second half. Again Legends fought back and scored the equalizer. Legends scored the winning goal with just minutes left in the game. Hard fought game by both teams. Legends have a solid squad. They are physical and they pass well. Beach played well. They were short a couple players again, but they put up a good fight. Both teams should be proud of their girls. Contrary to one of the previous posts, Beach does not have dirty players. They are probably the most physical team in the league, but none of their players should be described as dirty. All teams have players that foul on occasion, but shouldn't be labeled as dirty at 10 years old. It's not intentional. For the most part I think the league is filled with teams that value skill over physicality.

Beach vs. Legends was a great game. Beach scored first, then Legends scored the equalizer with less than a minute to play in the first half. Beach's defensive mid scored a volley shot off of a beautifully placed corner kick and went up 2-1 in the second half. Again Legends fought back and scored the equalizer. Legends scored the winning goal with just minutes left in the game. Hard fought game by both teams. Legends have a solid squad. They are physical and they pass well. Beach played well. They were short a couple players again, but they put up a good fight. Both teams should be proud of their girls. Contrary to one of the previous posts, Beach does not have dirty players. They are probably the most physical team in the league, but none of their players should be described as dirty. All teams have players that foul on occasion, but shouldn't be labeled as dirty at 10 years old. It's not intentional. For the most part I think the league is filled with teams that value skill over physicality.
Agreed and thank you for sharing. Great game with girls on both sides playing with heart for every ball. Congrats to Legends for the Win! You have a great group of girls.

I dont think Beach has a dirty playing team, but if it was a basketball game where the fouls were counted one player (Im sure you know the one) would of fouled out of the same game twice today. I stopped counting at 9. I was very impressed by the back line of Beach. They were very tough and defended well. The goalie for Beach made at least 2 great saves and played an awesome game. She talks a lot with her teammates and keeps very active in the box. Beach pressured the ball well and gave the Legends all they could handle today. Great job Beach little ladies and classy sidelines as well. See you at Surf.

All teams have players that foul on occasion, but shouldn't be labeled as dirty at 10 years old. It's not intentional.

I don't really know either of the teams so the following is just general commments.

Kids at 10 years old aren't dirty, but the same can't be said for their parents. I've heard parents yell "take her out", Shove Her, etc at U10 games. I sat stunned as I watched a youth football reality show where the U10 mom says on camera "they are your enemy take them out at the knees". How can I possibly forget the girls from Hawaii elbowing and pinching our girls every time the center ref looked over to allow the coaches to sub.

Watching my friends daughter sit on the sidelines for two years with a torn ACL after she was taken out from behind in the closing minutes of an insignificant game made all of those things not funny.

Lastly the vast majority of coaches teach the kids appropriately but for the few coaches that think they should try to teach 10 year olds the concept of making a "good foul" no game is worth causing a serious injury and 10 year olds have enough of a problem figuring out how much aggression is appropriate.

I agree with softwaretest. We had a good friend's daughter break her collar bone due to a super aggressive and exceedingly hard charge at a 2005 showcase game on Saturday. She's going to need surgery to get it repaired. Those who witnessed the hit said it was violent and possibly malicious. After the game, parents from the opposing team were laughing about their team's physical play. When informed of the club, it didn't surprise me at all. First and foremost, the referees need to take player safety seriously, and prevent these types of senseless injuries. Coaches should also promote player safety for the girls, including opponents. We're talking about 10 year olds, not World Cup games.

I think it's naive to say 10 year old girls aren't dirty. You can call it 'tough' and 'aggressive' all you want, but you're fooling yourselves if you think there aren't some straight up dirty players in the 06 division. This is our 4th season in club, and my daughters been punched in the gut during post match hand shakes, had her hands stepped on purposely after being shoved to the ground, pinched countless times, elbowed endlessly, etc etc. You all see it too. We've accepted it as part of the game, especially against certain clubs that seem to promote the style.

I think it's naive to say 10 year old girls aren't dirty. You can call it 'tough' and 'aggressive' all you want, but you're fooling yourselves if you think there aren't some straight up dirty players in the 06 division. This is our 4th season in club, and my daughters been punched in the gut during post match hand shakes, had her hands stepped on purposely after being shoved to the ground, pinched countless times, elbowed endlessly, etc etc. You all see it too. We've accepted it as part of the game, especially against certain clubs that seem to promote the style.

Who are these teams and clubs?

Who are these teams and clubs?

There are definitely coaches teaching the "good foul" mentality to 10 year olds. I won't call them out here because we don't play for a coach that teaches this type of philosophy, but as parents on these sidelines you should speak up.

I've had friends flat out tell me their club teaches forwards to constantly foul the defenders in an attempt to earn PK's when the 10 year old defender gets frustrated by it. That's all well and good, however when this 10 year old is feeling the pressure put on her by the coach, her parents, and the new superstar prospect to keep her starting spot on the flight 1 team, how much aggression do you think she'll put into that next "good foul"?

To make this problem worse referee's for some reason are afraid to issue cards at this age so the kid doesn't even learn not to do it, the coach encourages it, so the kid increases the aggression next time. At this point the only thing that might teach this kid how to actually play soccer is injuring herself or another player.

There are definitely coaches teaching the "good foul" mentality to 10 year olds. I won't call them out here because we don't play for a coach that teaches this type of philosophy, but as parents on these sidelines you should speak up.

I've had friends flat out tell me their club teaches forwards to constantly foul the defenders in an attempt to earn PK's when the 10 year old defender gets frustrated by it. That's all well and good, however when this 10 year old is feeling the pressure put on her by the coach, her parents, and the new superstar prospect to keep her starting spot on the flight 1 team, how much aggression do you think she'll put into that next "good foul"?

To make this problem worse referee's for some reason are afraid to issue cards at this age so the kid doesn't even learn not to do it, the coach encourages it, so the kid increases the aggression next time. At this point the only thing that might teach this kid how to actually play soccer is injuring herself or another player.

>To make this problem worse referee's for some reason are afraid to issue cards at this age so the kid doesn't even learn not to do it

Because they also buy into the "They're 10 year old girls, they couldn't possibly be dirty!" narrative. I've heard my own coach try and use this line of referees, "They're only 10!"

Back