Opinions on todays transgender players?

"We told her that she was a girl and that god didn't make mistakes."

Wow, you do know that the earth is not flat and we don't live in medieval times anymore?

Wow, you do know that the earth is not flat and we don't live in medieval times anymore?

I think you just made Socal's point! You chose to insult someone simply because they have a different point of view.

I worry that parents may be pushing kids to make these life changes, and too early in their life. When my daughter was younger she used to say that she wanted to be a boy. We told her that she was a girl and that god didn't make mistakes. But we also said that she could like what ever she wanted to like. Lego's, boys sports, shorts and a t-shirt, best friends were all boys, etc. She still loves these things, but she has started liking some girl things as well, feels comfortable as a girl, loves playing with girls now, and is starting to find boys cute(way too early on this).

If a boy feels they are a girl and likes girl things, that is fine. Let puberty hit, let them go through all the natural chemical and physical changes through their teenage years, when they hit 18-21 and still have the same feelings, then lets discuss their options. Give natural growth a chance first. While I don't agree with much of the new liberal world views that are occurring, I'm also not one to condemn them either. It seems people can't disagree anymore while still remaining friends or at least civil to each other.

Regarding sporting competitions. Imagine if Women's soccer players were paid 5-10 million per year. We also know many 15-16 year old boys are better than these professionals, but not good enough to play professionally. Would we start to see more transgenders just for the opportunity to make that kind of money?

I would like to know how many kids transitioned to realize later on it was a mistake. My guess would be zero.

These are not new liberal world views. These are facts of life. Like I said, maybe it would be helpful to read instead of base your opinions on mere feelings. Or maybe step outside your bubble and go meet a diverse group of people, including transgenders.

Your idea that men will transition just to make money playing women's soccer is the dumbest thing I have read on the internet today, and that is saying a lot.

Yep that equates. Believing in god, believing that your daughter that is female with female parts should be a female means flat world and medieval times. Yep.

Your idea that men will transition just to make money playing women's soccer is the dumbest thing I have read on the internet today, and that is saying a lot.

I asked if men would do this with 5-10 million per year on the line. You don't think a few would do something like that for that type of money?

Yep that equates. Believing in god, believing that your daughter that is female with female parts should be a female means flat world and medieval times. Yep.

So you believe in god, but you don't believe in existence of transgender people?

If you've ever known or talked to a family or child going through this transition, you would understand that they aren't "confused" and would never go through it for some amount of money, not matter the amount.

I would like to know how many kids transitioned to realize later on it was a mistake. My guess would be zero.

These are not new liberal world views. These are facts of life. Like I said, maybe it would be helpful to read instead of base your opinions on mere feelings. Or maybe step outside your bubble and go meet a diverse group of people, including transgenders.

Not to take a stance on either side of this issue as it is very complex and each individual's case is different. But to shed some light on your question on whether anyone later realizes they made a mistake., the answer is yes some do. I do not know where to find these stats or even if anyone keeps them but it does happen unfortunately.

My cousin has several medical degrees and is one of the top experts in this area in the country he lives in. One of his primary responsibilities is to determine whether an individual is ready to transition medically. Often times, but not in most cases, he finds that the person has been an outcast and for some reason has connected with this group and thus truly believes that they want to transition. His first instinct is to reject them from the program but then the threats start that they will just go to another country (generally with inferior medical and mental health care.) This put him in a very difficult situation. Some people have come back and thanked him for rejecting them and some have come back asking for help to transition back. That is why for children in this situation, puberty suppression drug are the better course of action.

Not to take a stance on either side of this issue as it is very complex and each individual's case is different. But to shed some light on your question on whether anyone later realizes they made a mistake., the answer is yes some do. I do not know where to find these stats or even if anyone keeps them but it does happen unfortunately.

My cousin has several medical degrees and is one of the top experts in this area in the country he lives in. One of his primary responsibilities is to determine whether an individual is ready to transition medically. Often times, but not in most cases, he finds that the person has been an outcast and for some reason has connected with this group and thus truly believes that they want to transition. His first instinct is to reject them from the program but then the threats start that they will just go to another country (generally with inferior medical and mental health care.) This put him in a very difficult situation. Some people have come back and thanked him for rejecting them and some have come back asking for help to transition back. That is why for children in this situation, puberty suppression drug are the better course of action.

Could you please provide full name of your expert cousin so we can check his credentials? Thanks

I would like to know the stats on this as well. It is obviously a delicate subject, and is between a child, his family, and their doctors. I don't think the rest of us have the right to an opinion.

So you believe in god, but you don't believe in existence of transgender people?
What if she had been born a hermaphrodite
Tough one since many doctors end up making the wrong choice at birth.

"Gender identification is still not well understood, but experts say that when sex cannot be determined, it's better to use the best available information to assign gender, then to wait and monitor the child's psychological and physical development before undertaking surgery, if at all."

Wait for physical and psychological development. Pretty sure that is what I said in my original statement.

Tough one since many doctors end up making the wrong choice at birth.

"Gender identification is still not well understood, but experts say that when sex cannot be determined, it's better to use the best available information to assign gender, then to wait and monitor the child's psychological and physical development before undertaking surgery, if at all."

Wait for physical and psychological development. Pretty sure that is what I said in my original statement.

But if god doesn't make mistakes when it comes to gender, would you have your child undergo the surgery?

Back