Opinions on todays transgender players?

Recently we played a Seattle Showcase with our girls team. We were approached before the game by the opposing coach that they had a boy playing on the girls team. This boy was in " transition' in becoming a girl. I was curious in this current PC world how is Youth Soccer and teams handling these new changes. Unfortunetly I have heard of Coaches falsely using the " transition" label, and getting away with playing with a more dominating gender player, example boy vs girls. What are your views?

Is this a survey?

Its your first post and your only other post is to thank the group for feedback....

What are your thought on the subject?

My guess Socal teams have been doing this for years. Boys playing as girls. Probably one of the reasons Socal girls teams have been dominating in the younger age brackets. I can't wait for these girls....err, boys to start earning spots on the WNT. The USA will continue to dominate for generations! No need for the DA at all......all the new girls....err..boys will be as unicorns.

Unfortunetly I have heard of Coaches falsely using the " transition" label, and getting away with playing with a more dominating gender player, example boy vs girls.

How many times have you heard it? You seem to imply it's becoming pretty common and I definitely don't buy that. Never seen it or heard it mentioned here on the forum. Not saying it didn't happen as you say to your club, but that it is a common tactic or becoming so, no I don't buy that.

When my daughter's team was in Seattle , we briefly watched a Seattle team with a player that appeared to be a boy (potentially transgender) playing on a girls team. I'm curious if you're referring to the same team we saw? At any rate, it is an issue, I am concerned but I'm not sure how I would handle the situation so suddenly in my face. If given notice, probably wouldn't condone it. It's unfair for an entire team (parents included) to be troubled with 1 child (trying to make grown up decisions) questioning their gender identity. I agree with sheriff Joe. A coed team is one thing, this is something else entirely. Play the gender you were born with.

When my daughter's team was in Seattle , we briefly watched a Seattle team with a player that appeared to be a boy (potentially transgender) playing on a girls team. I'm curious if you're referring to the same team we saw? At any rate, it is an issue, I am concerned but I'm not sure how I would handle the situation so suddenly in my face. If given notice, probably wouldn't condone it. It's unfair for an entire team (parents included) to be troubled with 1 child (trying to make grown up decisions) questioning their gender identity. I agree with sheriff Joe. A coed team is one thing, this is something else entirely. Play the gender you were born with.

Thank heavens the parents of that little girl are not as closed minded as you are.

Did that transgender player do something to harm anyone during the game you saw? Or is the point to just shame a child?

I'm not shaming the child. I have no idea who he is. He's perfectly welcome to play on a boys team as my daughter is to play on a girls team. And I am open to her practicing with coed teams or an all boys team (periodically) to teach her to play tougher/stronger. I'm not open (as chargerfan put it) to my 13yr old daughter dealing with another child's sexual frustrations. It's wrong and selfish to make such a demand on an entire team . Even if the entire team is ok with it, what about teams they are set to play that aren't Ok? Now a team is condemned to not play because a child is confused. No, figure it out when you're an adult and let other adults decide, it's all too much too soon. Let them be kids, separate adult issues. 13 yr olds already have enough to work out in their growing minds.

I'm not shaming the child. I have no idea who he is. He's perfectly welcome to play on a boys team as my daughter is to play on a girls team. And I am open to her practicing with coed teams or an all boys team (periodically) to teach her to play tougher/stronger. I'm not open (as chargerfan put it) to my 13yr old daughter dealing with another child's sexual frustrations. It's wrong and selfish to make such a demand on an entire team . Even if the entire team is ok with it, what about teams they are set to play that aren't Ok? Now a team is condemned to not play because a child is confused. No, figure it out when you're an adult and let other adults decide, it's all too much too soon. Let them be kids, separate adult issues. 13 yr olds already have enough to work out in their growing minds.

Well shit guess you'd better put her in a bubble if you don't want her dealing with teenage sexual frustrations, or sexual confusion

Thank heavens the parents of that little girl are not as closed minded as you are.
You do know what opinion means, right?
Just because you don't agree doesn't make you right,
Just who in the hell do you think you are?
You would have a whole team and league in choas over one confused kid and or parent? Get a life.

Haven't come across this yet. In the big picture, it's a team you'll play once or twice (maybe a few more with tournaments) a year.
Not an issue to me.
Both of my girls love playing against boys teams.

I want to add another layer to the discussion.

For those stating kids should only be playing for the gender they are born as (other than girls playing for boys teams), what would your stance be on a female-to-male transgender competing for a girls team while undergoing hormone blockers and getting testosterone shots? You say they must play for the gender they were born as. Does it work both ways in your opinion?

I mention this as earlier this year, a transgender boy (female-to-male) was forced to wrestle in the girls' division despite undergoing several hormone treatments. The public was outraged by this and said he should be wrestling with boys, which he wanted, but was disallowed to. And looking at pictures of him, I never would have guessed he was born a girl. https://www.google.com/amp/www.nyda...y-17-forced-wrestle-females-article-1.2981220

My stance on this social issue? I don't think I have one set. Everything's so situational, and these situations are few and far in between. I truly doubt a parent would let their child be used for malicious intent (i.e. Having their son pose as transgender to help a girls' team win a soccer game). The odds of that happening are so slim. Now, can it be unfair for a boy with possible physical advantage to be competing against girls? Yes. But we can't forget this isn't the pros. There has to be a line we eventually have to establish regarding this issue. When and where we'll draw the line, I don't know. Obviously we can't, and frankly shouldn't, conform everything to accomadate the 1% or whatever percentage it is. But in a simple soccer match, consider a kid's feelings. A kid that's probably going through a hell of a lot. And we may not understand what they're going through, but should at least acknowledge their struggles and at least try to be a little accepting. For the sake of the kid's feelings.

Well shit guess you'd better put her in a bubble if you don't want her dealing with teenage sexual frustrations, or sexual confusion

No insult intended but while everyone is sharing their opinion on the matter and having an adult debate, it seems that your arguments are based more on emotion...as if this were an issue that you went through or have a child that is going through....possibly??? If so, wouldn't it be better to share your experience so that people can understand your pain or frustration or your challenges? You may garner more empathy or understanding than you are getting by simply lashing out.

I want to add another layer to the discussion.

For those stating kids should only be playing for the gender they are born as (other than girls playing for boys teams), what would your stance be on a female-to-male transgender competing for a girls team while undergoing hormone blockers and getting testosterone shots? You say they must play for the gender they were born as. Does it work both ways in your opinion?QUOTE]

To add yet another layer to the discussion... should they factor in the stakes? So a casual scrimmage or low level tournament is ok but the finals at Surf Cup are not? I think that idea would create more confusion and frustration than it solves. Either way, I am sure that it won't be long before it is something that will have to be addressed and the process is going to be more complicated than simply factoring in someone's feelings.

When 'God' gives one cancer make sure they play that hand out too, right?
They dont really have any choice.
They have to play it out.
Not a valid comparison.
A transgender has choices to compete at sports, but those choices should not lend an unfair advantage to them in the process.
A man, whether having gone through "the process" of transforming themselves or not, has physical advantages over natural born women in sports.
My opinion is that the integrity of sport should not be compromised to facilitate political correctness.
If and when there are enough transgenders to create their own league, the problem will correct itself, God help us.
Until then, all players should be required to participate in the gender of their birth. If they cannot compete at that level, there is always chess. (or checkers)

They dont really have any choice.
They have to play it out.
Not a valid comparison.
A transgender has choices to compete at sports, but those choices should not lend an unfair advantage to them in the process.
A man, whether having gone through "the process" of transforming themselves or not, has physical advantages over natural born women in sports.
My opinion is that the integrity of sport should not be compromised to facilitate political correctness.
If and when there are enough transgenders to create their own league, the problem will correct itself, God help us.
Until then, all players should be required to participate in the gender of their birth. If they cannot compete at that level, there is always chess. (or checkers)

You avoided the question of players born female who are undergoing hormone treatments to transition to male. Is it fair to let them play in a female-only league?

Haven't come across this yet. In the big picture, it's a team you'll play once or twice (maybe a few more with tournaments) a year.
Not an issue to me.
Both of my girls love playing against boys teams.

Exactly. Also, there are huge differences, at least in younger age groups (speaking among children of the same sex) in terms of the range of normal size and physical development.

My kid's team had a guest player yesterday who was so small compared to an opposing player, that she could have ducked and run underneath/between her legs.

If it were an issue (and I think like the transgender bathroom issue, it is largely a non-issue), I think it would become one in the venue of upper level sports, like college, semi-pro, or professional sports.

, I think it would become one in the venue of upper level sports, like college, semi-pro, or professional sports.
It becomes an issue as soon as the advantage is recognizable and apparent.
The integrity of the sport is compromised when political correctness chooses who wins.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwjUj8rFlebVAhUKhlQKHcndAYUQFggrMAA&url=http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/02/27/517491492/17-year-old-transgender-boy-wins-texas-girls-wrestling-championship&usg=AFQjCNFeVaOccVwQnJsr6yXLODdyVVwhoQ

Exactly. Also, there are huge differences, at least in younger age groups (speaking among children of the same sex) in terms of the range of normal size and physical development.

My kid's team had a guest player yesterday who was so small compared to an opposing player, that she could have ducked and run underneath/between her legs.

If it were an issue (and I think like the transgender bathroom issue, it is largely a non-issue), I think it would become one in the venue of upper level sports, like college, semi-pro, or professional sports.

Too young to remember Dr. Renée Richards?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renée_Richards

Back