Opinions on todays transgender players?

Too young to remember Dr. Renée Richards?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renée_Richards

Too young to have watched her play professionally, but I'm very familiar with the history there.

Renee Richards was really too old to make a huge impact on the women's circuit as a professional (I think she was well into her 40s when she played on the circuit). If she'd been in her 20s, I think it would have been more of a competitive issue.

But this does kind of prove the point that this is a fringe topic. The build-out line affects us way more than transgender athletes...

No insult intended but while everyone is sharing their opinion on the matter and having an adult debate, it seems that your arguments are based more on emotion...as if this were an issue that you went through or have a child that is going through....possibly??? If so, wouldn't it be better to share your experience so that people can understand your pain or frustration or your challenges? You may garner more empathy or understanding than you are getting by simply lashing out.

No I do not have a transgender child. But I do know a couple children who have transitioned, one being a school friend of my daughters. He is a wonderful kid who had to leave his last school due to some parents freaking out . Thankfully he is now happy and in a place where he feels accepted. To my daughter and her friends, they just think he's a nice kid with a good sense of humor. Having met him, he is a well-adjusted, happy child. Isn't that all that matters?

Gender and sexuality are obviously very complicated things, and transgender people have existed for thousands of years, sometimes accepted by society, sometimes not. I just think whatever your person opinion is regarding transitioning, there is never a need to shame a child. Suicide rates among transgender child and adults is very high partly for this reason.

Empathy? If you don't have empathy for a kid that is going through something pretty damn hard that is not accepted by a large chunk of society and your first impulse is to make fun of them or deny their humanity, then there is something wrong with you.

......there is never a need to shame a child.

What an incredible hypocrite you are! You write about not shaming a child but you are one of Amy Thorne's (aka MAP) groupies on this forum. She enjoys shaming children and does it for sport. You are no doubt just as disgusting as she is.

What an incredible hypocrite you are! You write about not shaming a child but you are one of Amy Thorne's (aka MAP) groupies on this forum. She enjoys shaming children and does it for sport. You are no doubt just as disgusting as she is.

I can't believe I'm taking the time to even respond to this drivel, but when have I ever shamed a child?

Like the kids say, show me the receipts.

So you are comparing cancer to transgenderism?
At least you are being honest.
Read the title of the thread and get back to me.
Read what the statement is in response to... ppl suggest ppl should play the hand they're given, simply asking if that line of thinking extends to all things god gives them...

They dont really have any choice.
They have to play it out.
Not a valid comparison.
A transgender has choices to compete at sports, but those choices should not lend an unfair advantage to them in the process.
A man, whether having gone through "the process" of transforming themselves or not, has physical advantages over natural born women in sports.
My opinion is that the integrity of sport should not be compromised to facilitate political correctness.
If and when there are enough transgenders to create their own league, the problem will correct itself, God help us.
Until then, all players should be required to participate in the gender of their birth. If they cannot compete at that level, there is always chess. (or checkers)
Is this a joke? Both are medical conditions w/ scientifically recognized treatment options. What if a kid shows up on your sons/daughters team that has been diagnosed w
gigantism, r u going to tell them they have a choice to play too? i dont see this having anything to do w 'integrity of sport', but keep using that as an excuse to discriminate. These are kids! This kid is already dealing w enough, give her a chance to have some modicum of childhood!

They dont really have any choice.
They have to play it out.
Not a valid comparison.
A transgender has choices to compete at sports, but those choices should not lend an unfair advantage to them in the process.
A man, whether having gone through "the process" of transforming themselves or not, has physical advantages over natural born women in sports.
My opinion is that the integrity of sport should not be compromised to facilitate political correctness.
If and when there are enough transgenders to create their own league, the problem will correct itself, God help us.
Until then, all players should be required to participate in the gender of their birth. If they cannot compete at that level, there is always chess. (or checkers)
And while we're at, should there be separate leagues for homosexuals? Maybe blacks or hispanics? I mean, why not special league for short vs tall players? Sounds silly, no? So does a league for transgenders...

And while we're at, should there be separate leagues for homosexuals? Maybe blacks or hispanics? I mean, why not special league for short vs tall players? Sounds silly, no? So does a league for transgenders...

Ricky is not interested in logic. He has a position to defend.

I worry that parents may be pushing kids to make these life changes, and too early in their life. When my daughter was younger she used to say that she wanted to be a boy. We told her that she was a girl and that god didn't make mistakes. But we also said that she could like what ever she wanted to like. Lego's, boys sports, shorts and a t-shirt, best friends were all boys, etc. She still loves these things, but she has started liking some girl things as well, feels comfortable as a girl, loves playing with girls now, and is starting to find boys cute(way too early on this).

If a boy feels they are a girl and likes girl things, that is fine. Let puberty hit, let them go through all the natural chemical and physical changes through their teenage years, when they hit 18-21 and still have the same feelings, then lets discuss their options. Give natural growth a chance first. While I don't agree with much of the new liberal world views that are occurring, I'm also not one to condemn them either. It seems people can't disagree anymore while still remaining friends or at least civil to each other.

Regarding sporting competitions. Imagine if Women's soccer players were paid 5-10 million per year. We also know many 15-16 year old boys are better than these professionals, but not good enough to play professionally. Would we start to see more transgenders just for the opportunity to make that kind of money?

Back