Opinions on todays transgender players?

$40,000 compared to $5,000,000 is why we wouldn't see this happen. I'd guess there would be some backlash if this were to occur.

http://www.debate.org/opinions/shou...le-transgender-be-able-to-fight-in-womens-mma
How simple do you think it is for one to transition? Surgery cant be done until a panel of doctors agree, and there are many steps in between. But, lets assume one could find enough quacks to fake the required bar... how much for you to transition? If ppl would do this for $, so would you. Whats your number? I'll hapilly start a kickstarter campaign to help you out, since you seem to think this as some sort adventure worth undertaking for the right price...

Is this a joke? Both are medical conditions w/ scientifically recognized treatment options. What if a kid shows up on your sons/daughters team that has been diagnosed w
gigantism, r u going to tell them they have a choice to play too? i dont see this having anything to do w 'integrity of sport', but keep using that as an excuse to discriminate. These are kids! This kid is already dealing w enough, give her a chance to have some modicum of childhood!
Are you serious with that post!??!

How simple do you think it is for one to transition? Surgery cant be done until a panel of doctors agree, and there are many steps in between. But, lets assume one could find enough quacks to fake the required bar... how much for you to transition? If ppl would do this for $, so would you. Whats your number? I'll hapilly start a kickstarter campaign to help you out, since you seem to think this as some sort adventure worth undertaking for the right price...

No surgery is required for the transition. Hormone Replacement Therapy is sufficient.

I can't play soccer and money doesn't mean that much to me.

Considering some of the stories that we hear about the ethics of certain parents and coaches, with the hypothetical salaries in the millions, and what many athletes have already done throughout history to win or make gobs of money, you don't think it might happen? I'll end this part of the discussion.

Funny when I made my original comment I wondered why people can't discuss things in a friendly manner, even when we disagree. Didn't quite happen.

I've learned some things about Transgenders and Hermaphrodites during this discussion, and the difficulties they face, which is a good thing(not the difficulties but me learning). Making rules that are fair to everyone is a difficult thing and I don't envy the people that need to make these decisions.

It was initially how she looks but soon became about the fact that her testosterone level is 3 times that of an average female which is a legitimate concern since some groups have suggested that gender be based on a sliding scale as oppose to female or male.

And she has spoken about the subject during the Rio Olympics NBC? did a great interview with her about her journey.

And if you look closely you will find men whose testosterone level is only 1/3 that of the average male.

It is generally accepted that men with higher natural levels of testosterone and similar hormones excel in some sports, and have an advantage in others. Grow up and live with it.

No surgery is required for the transition. Hormone Replacement Therapy is sufficient.

I can't play soccer and money doesn't mean that much to me.

Considering some of the stories that we hear about the ethics of certain parents and coaches, with the hypothetical salaries in the millions, and what many athletes have already done throughout history to win or make gobs of money, you don't think it might happen? I'll end this part of the discussion.

Funny when I made my original comment I wondered why people can't discuss things in a friendly manner, even when we disagree. Didn't quite happen.

I've learned some things about Transgenders and Hermaphrodites during this discussion, and the difficulties they face, which is a good thing(not the difficulties but me learning). Making rules that are fair to everyone is a difficult thing and I don't envy the people that need to make these decisions.
So maybe a better issue to try to tackle is lack of ethics of some parents / players instead of lumping an actual diagnosable condition into this... I don't disagree, there are plenty of dishonest people, but to suggest that rules be made, that are in their core designed to discriminate, are the way to combat dishonesty, is at the very least naïve. Keep in mind, these rules will have lasting affects on the kids directly and indirectly impacted by this, but are really not very likely to discourage dishonest behavior...

I have two friends battling cancer that would gladly trade being gender confused with fighting for their lives...
You may be misunderstanding my comment... this topic discusses a diagnosable condition with agreed upon method of treatment. The point of the post is not to take away from difficulties of those fighting cancer, but to illustrate a simple fact: medical conditions can be treated, so why are picking which we treat and which we don't...

And if you look closely you will find men whose testosterone level is only 1/3 that of the average male.

It is generally accepted that men with higher natural levels of testosterone and similar hormones excel in some sports, and have an advantage in others. Grow up and live with it.
Sorry I did not know that I was complaining about testosterone levels. My point is that this is a very complicated isssue as gender is not black and white as evidenced by a group wanting to have a sliding scale with a whole host of genders on a spectrum.

It is a fact that few parents/coaches over the years used older players by falsifying birth documents, etc so they can win a league, State Cup or whatever else.
It is a fact that Cal South allows girls to play on boys teams (not vise-versa).
So whats the problem to allow 1 transgender player to play on a girls team?
I fail to see how 1 player would make any difference on overall team performance.
It may at u-little games, but who cares?
Now if we talking about the whole team....then its a different issue.

Sorry I did not know that I was complaining about testosterone levels. My point is that this is a very complicated isssue as gender is not black and white as evidenced by a group wanting to have a sliding scale with a whole host of genders on a spectrum.

Gender is not black and white. That's science and human nature. Why do you take issue with that?

So maybe a better issue to try to tackle is lack of ethics of some parents / players instead of lumping an actual diagnosable condition into this... I don't disagree, there are plenty of dishonest people, but to suggest that rules be made, that are in their core designed to discriminate, are the way to combat dishonesty, is at the very least naïve. Keep in mind, these rules will have lasting affects on the kids directly and indirectly impacted by this, but are really not very likely to discourage dishonest behavior...
I see your point and I wasn't trying to make light of transgenders but instead emphasize that people will look to cheat. We are actually agreeing on the rules. It isn't an easy thing to make these rules and as I mentioned I'm glad I don't have to make them.

It is a fact that few parents/coaches over the years used older players by falsifying birth documents, etc so they can win a league, State Cup or whatever else.
It is a fact that Cal South allows girls to play on boys teams (not vise-versa).
So whats the problem to allow 1 transgender player to play on a girls team?
I fail to see how 1 player would make any difference on overall team performance.
It may at u-little games, but who cares?
Now if we talking about the whole team....then its a different issue.
How do you decide who gets to choose?
Come one come all.

Back