National playoff draws

I am not debating leagues. I thought I was commenting on the DA games. Some of Simi’s comments are really dumb. DA was having a showcase not a tournament that any coach should care about winning. Not all teams bring their best players to showcases, especially their committed players. Plus looking at the game report, the Michigan Hawks only list 12 players for the game against Simi’s kid yet he has the nerve to make sarcastic remarked that the team the is “all in for ECNL” was the weakest team he saw. Give me a break the jerk trying way too hard for whatever league his kid is in.

What club/team does your kid play for again?

any scores for the late 16/17 games this afternoon? Just curious as some of the brackets were tight for who goes on to qtrs

Just a point of information....There is a DA Playoff going on at the U15 and up Age Groups as well as a Showcaes for the u14’s +.
yes, but Simi's DD was playing in the Showcase
Yes sorry I should have been more clear. There are DA Playoff games going on. But Simi's kid and the Hawks were only playing in the showcase where the motive of the coaches should be to showcase the kids that are not committed. That could be and probably was the reason for the Hawks not showing well according to Simi.

Yes sorry I should have been more clear. There are DA Playoff games going on. But Simi's kid and the Hawks were only playing in the showcase where the motive of the coaches should be to showcase the kids that are not committed. That could be and probably was the reason for the Hawks not showing well according to Simi.

Another factor may be that the teams in the playoffs are much stronger teams than the teams in the showcase? If their previous opponents were playoff teams and they are now playing other showcase teams, their showcase opponents might truly be weaker than their playoff opponents.

Another factor may be that the teams in the playoffs are much stronger teams than the teams in the showcase? If their previous opponents were playoff teams and they are now playing other showcase teams, their showcase opponents might truly be weaker than their playoff opponents.

I would tend to agree with you since it is the top teams that made the playoffs. In the Showcase they tried to match you up with teams that you had not played but finished close to you in the standings to make the games competitive. The problem is that I don't believe the various conferences are all equal in strength. Other issues include committed girls that might not travel and there has been roster movement between clubs in anticipation of the new season. These issues also affect the Playoff teams. Still, there is not a huge difference between the playoff teams and the showcase teams. In season we tied the top team once and got blown out by the 2nd team from the bottom. The main difference I saw is that on the top teams the talent level does not drop off as you get into the bench. So they can perform with more consistency over the long season.

sorry but to say there is not a huge difference between playoff teams and showcase teams is ignorant. Just because a team may not play with consistency on a given day doesn't mean there isn't a difference. Throughout the league season there are clearly dominate teams and teams that quite frankly suck. That is the way it is in DA and ECNL.

sorry but to say there is not a huge difference between playoff teams and showcase teams is ignorant. Just because a team may not play with consistency on a given day doesn't mean there isn't a difference. Throughout the league season there are clearly dominate teams and teams that quite frankly suck. That is the way it is in DA and ECNL.

Which team does your kid play for?

Congrats to Legends & Surf for advancing to Kansas City!!

Legends defeated Eclipse today 3-0 and Surf defeated San Jose Quakes 2-1 in Quarter-Final games

Legends will play Dallas Texans and Surf will play FC Dallas in the semi-finals on Monday, July 9

Back