National playoff draws

turftoe9

BRONZE
Does anyone have the information on when the draws are to be done? Also will there be a link to where we can watch the draws?

My predictions:

U15:
A: Blues (in a slight upset)
B: Quakes (but Albion with a chance at the big upset)
C: Top Hat and Surf will tie in points and it will come down to tie breakers
D: Solar (sorry Legends, this draw is not fair for you)
E: FC Dallas (and it won't be close)
F: PDA wins (as the other 3 teams beat each other up)
G: Dallas Texans (easily)
H: Beach all the way

U16/17:
A: TopHat (in a surprisingly easy pool for them)
B: Cincinnati (eeks out the big upset)
C: PDA or Real Colorado - pick 'em
D: Penn Fusion
E: FC Dallas (and this won't be close either)
F: Crossfire (but Solar has a chance at the upset; sadly a TOUGH draw again for poor Legends)
G: Nationals (but Real So Cal might have a good showing)
H: LAFC Slammers (with only Midwest United putting up any sort of a fight)

Last edited:
My predictions:

U15:

U16/17:
F: Crossfire (but Solar has a chance at the upset; sadly a TOUGH draw again for poor Legends)
Interesting...I checked the list of players on the DA link that are being advertised as being there, and I noticed #5 from Blues' U17 ECNL team on the list. Do you have any intel, @SocalPapa? Can ECNL players "guest" at a DA event? Or does this mean she's moving to the DA team? Or is the whole team moving over?

Interesting...I checked the list of players on the DA link that are being advertised as being there, and I noticed #5 from Blues' U17 ECNL team on the list. Do you have any intel, @SocalPapa? Can ECNL players "guest" at a DA event? Or does this mean she's moving to the DA team? Or is the whole team moving over?

This is where you realize that this isn’t about development. The team that has the best collection of players usually wins. Blues likes to win.

Haven't heard anything about that. And note my predictions are just for fun and are based in large part on the DA RPI analysis I posted on another thread. They could be wildly off if rosters change for the playoffs.

Developmental Players or DP's are not eligible to play in the Playoffs. They must have been converted to Full-time players. Exception would be for goalkeepers with the approval of US Soccer.

Developmental Players or DP's are not eligible to play in the Playoffs. They must have been converted to Full-time players. Exception would be for goalkeepers with the approval of US Soccer.

Correct. The player in question is playing for a non-playoff team during the 'playoffs'.

Why would anyone care if an age eligible player played in the DA playoffs? Isn’t this supposed to be the highest level of youth soccer? Or is it all just marketing and the reality is that the true impact players are playing where their parents put them? I say let the kid play. If every team wants to build a super team for the playoffs so be it. There really are only enough elite players per age group in SoCal to fill two teams.

Well, that would require coaches and administrators to be more interested in actual development and the players best interests rather than their own egos and having power. I see so many examples of coaches that forget these are kids and their job is to support them not to control and manipulate them and their parents.

Why would anyone care if an age eligible player played in the DA playoffs? Isn’t this supposed to be the highest level of youth soccer? Or is it all just marketing and the reality is that the true impact players are playing where their parents put them? I say let the kid play. If every team wants to build a super team for the playoffs so be it. There really are only enough elite players per age group in SoCal to fill two teams.

So the Blues team brings in an ECNL player just for the showcase, who may or may not be moving to a DA team, then she will be taking playing time away from another player who as been with the team from the start. Where is the development for that player or others who have worked hard all year. Oh right, it is about winning.

So the Blues team brings in an ECNL player just for the showcase, who may or may not be moving to a DA team, then she will be taking playing time away from another player who as been with the team from the start. Where is the development for that player or others who have worked hard all year. Oh right, it is about winning.

The U.S. Soccer Development Academy (League) has the singular goal of getting the top US talent on the same fields so that the US National Youth teams can more easily identify talent that will be invited to the National Youth team camps. Having an ECNL player supplant a DA player is precisely the goal. If a DA player cannot beat out that ECNL player then so-be-it (from the USSDA's perspective).

All other benefits that players receive are purely ancillary, such as, enhanced college scholarship opportunity, assisting reserve players in development and getting playing time, etc.

This has never been about the players, its about the Federation, which is why the Federation rules allows club a number of non-DA player slots for league and playoff/showcase games.

Anyone in DA knows that the contract doesn’t guarantee playing time. Your starting spot or time can be taken any second. And since we are on the verge of next season already, this discussion may have already happened with whatever player affected.

The development was 38 games and practice four times a week for a 11 months. The whining here is incredible. People’s outrage over things that don’t even impact them is quite comical.

DA has always been survival of the fittest. And if you want to know why Blues didn’t or isn’t getting Pilot, it’s because they have not had their best players in DA. On some teams yes, but not all.

Top league. Top competition. Top players on the field in the top event.

And for every player who has minutes taken from them, has taken minutes from another. It’s the cycle of soccer life.

I haven’t heard any bitching all season long in DA by players or their parents about the equity of playing time. We all know what we signed up for.

How is this different than any other team borrowing a player for a tournament? At least this player is within their club. Get over it Lampchop, life is not fair so stop picking on the Blues.

My predictions:

U15:

U16/17:

Wrong on 16/17 B winner

My predictions:

U15:
Off to a decent start. Each of my U15 predicted pool winners won their first matches (including both Top Hat and Surf in group C).

Back