National playoff draws

My U16/17 Predictions are on track too...

A: TopHat (in a surprisingly easy pool for them)...a 2-0 win for TopHat (other 2 teams tied so TopHat with the early lead)
B: Cincinnati (eeks out the big upset)...Cincinnati as the 4th wild card tied #10 seed Breakers; the RPI showed Cincinnati had some strength and they did just enough to have a chance
C: PDA or Real Colorado - pick 'em...PDA and Real Colorado both won, each with a goal differential of 2, pick 'em indeed
D: Penn Fusion...Penn won uneventfully
E: FC Dallas (and this won't be close either)...FC Dallas won 4-2 (tied for most goals in the first round of games)
F: Crossfire (but Solar has a chance at the upset; sadly a TOUGH draw again for poor Legends)...Crossfire and Solar both won. Solar's win was an "upset" as they were the 3rd wildcard and Legends was the 9th overall seed). This result confirms what my RPI showed - Legends had a bad draw despite its higher playoff seeding.
G: Nationals (but Real So Cal might have a good showing)...Nationals and Real So Cal both won. Real So Cal won as the Pot 3 team (beat the #12 seed as a #18 seed). The RPI predicted this "upset" as well.
H: LAFC Slammers (with only Midwest United putting up any sort of a fight)...LAFC won 2-0 and Midwest won 2-1

Heading into Thursday for U16/17, when the Pot 1 teams will play the Pot 2 teams:

Win or lose Penn Fusion (Pot 1 Group D) and Crossfire (Pot 1 Group F) are likely to advance based on nearly insurmountable goal differentials (GD is the 1st tie breaker after points; head to head is not used at all).
Winner of the Pot 1 vs Pot 2 game advances for groups A, B, C, E, and H. Concorde (Group E) is the only Pot 2 team that would advance with a tie.
All four teams remain in contention in Group G, with the Pot 1 team (Nationals) advancing with a tie (and Real loss or tie) or win (and Real win of equal or lesser goal differential, loss, or tie). All four teams could conceivably end up with four points, so Charlotte can jump from 4th to 1st if they crush Real and Nationals lose a close one to NY Fury.

Heading into Thursday for U16/17, when the Pot 1 teams will play the Pot 2 teams:

Win or lose Penn Fusion (Pot 1 Group D) and Crossfire (Pot 1 Group F) are likely to advance based on nearly insurmountable goal differentials (GD is the 1st tie breaker after points; head to head is not used at all).
Winner of the Pot 1 vs Pot 2 game advances for groups A, B, C, E, and H. Concorde (Group E) is the only Pot 2 team that would advance with a tie.
All four teams remain in contention in Group G, with the Pot 1 team (Nationals) advancing with a tie (and Real loss or tie) or win (and Real win of equal or lesser goal differential, loss, or tie). All four teams could conceivably end up with four points, so Charlotte can jump from 4th to 1st if they crush Real and Nationals lose a close one to NY Fury.

My apologies, head to head is essentially the fourth factor to determine placement:
1. Points
2. GD
3. Goals scored
4. Head to head (phrased in the rules as "greatest number of points obtained in the Playoff games between the teams concerned")
5. Fair play
6. Penalty shootout

I just got home from the DA showcase and I thought it was an excellent event in all aspects. Good weather, excellent fields, good refs, good competition, a ton of coaches, free water and parking, and good breakfast burritos! Now it is a waiting game to see what the next few days bring.

It has been a great event so far. We had around 50 coaches out for our game today.

Here is the final 8 for the U-15 group

Three SoCal teams and One NorCal team representing California

upload_2018-6-27_20-26-30.png

I just got home from the DA showcase and I thought it was an excellent event in all aspects. Good weather, excellent fields, good refs, good competition, a ton of coaches, free water and parking, and good breakfast burritos! Now it is a waiting game to see what the next few days bring.
of course you did - you have become a broken record....

of course you did - you have become a broken record....

And your an ass as always. This is a DA forum to share info about the National event and saying it was a great event is an opinion likely shared by all of that were present. If you have a different take based on being there than share it otherwise go be a hater somewhere else. I know you love ECNL. I would have too if my daughter had ever tried out and made an ECNL team. Instead we stayed with our smaller club too long until there was no nearby ECNL teams left.

don't need a cheerleader for the DA - makes for a more interesting forum to have more discussions with more depth to them.

don't need a cheerleader for the DA - makes for a more interesting forum to have more discussions with more depth to them.
I could give you more depth about the event. Tell what you want to know. How about we played the Michigan Hawks today who is returning to ECNL and I thought they were the weakest team we have played in a while.

I could give you more depth about the event. Tell what you want to know. How about we played the Michigan Hawks today who is returning to ECNL and I thought they were the weakest team we have played in a while.
Probably because their committed players did not make the trip?

It is great to have coaches at your games but with your team going into their senior year I bet few if any of them where not top DI coaches. Plus where they much better or even different than the coaches in Seattle?

Don't engage in discussions with people that have drunk the koolaid and can't see beyond or before that - no point to it. My focus is on the player not the league or the club. There are plenty of screwed up coaches, clubs, leagues etc

wrong, never said I was an ECNL lover - things are not necessarily that simple....
Okay. But recognize the hypocrisy in yourself in calling me a broken record.
I am neither for or against either league but you are a broken record. First it was how great DPL is and now that a lot of girls aged out and your moved up to DA you cheerleader without substance. BTW how is your club’s DPL team doing?

having a good experience that helps your DD reach her goal/dream depends on many factors, very little depends on whether it is DA, ECNL. etc.

It is great to have coaches at your games but with your team going into their senior year I bet few if any of them where not top DI coaches. Plus where they much better or even different than the coaches in Seattle?

I could send you our list of coaches. What’s your email address? I wasn’t in Seattle so I can’t speak to what they had. I bet they had a good turnout too.

when we have a system that evaluates players in an objective way without favoritism and politics, when the players' best interests and development is primary, and when coaches egos, money grabs, and power trips don't cause harm to kids then I am all for that.

having a good experience that helps your DD reach her goal/dream depends on many factors, very little depends on whether it is DA, ECNL. etc.

I actually agree with that statement. I said the event was great and gave some resasons why. I did not say it was great because it was DA. The reasons I gave could happen at any event that could provide those things.

Back