NATIONAL CUP O6 2018

Wow, congrats to sd navy and to slammers south! I certainly didn’t see either one of those coming.

Top 5 teams from ysr are playing tomorrow, with #10, #16 and #21 crashing the party. Good luck ladies!

Blues dominated but couldn’t put it in and scored with 30 seconds left in game
All the timers went off two mins before but the ref played on. Game should have gone to overtime.
But the shot on goal was beautiful and well deserved.
Blues did not dominate. The scoreboard would have shown that.

With the matchups set for next week, it should be a great weekend. Some great soccer played by all the ladies this weekend and everyone should be proud. It was clear that all the ladies stepped up their games and brought it!

Good luck next weekend!

They have definitely had the easiest route so far but they do deserve to be in the final regardless. Great team but my $$ is on Surf or Legends to take it all.
I agree, Galaxy has taken care of business regardless of route put in front of them. The Legends vs. Surf match is a Final in itself. Best of luck to the Final 4!

06s - National Cup - Final Four
  • LA Galaxy Pre-Academy vs. SC Blues
  • Legends FC Pre-Academy vs. Surf

Semi-Finals and Finals will be played at Galway Downs, which may not look pretty but has held up pretty well with the recent weather we've had.

Galaxy is the favorite in their match-up, but those Blues girls will not go quietly. They've been on a journey as that team has evolved over the last 18 months and a lot of naysayers doubted they'd be as strong as Blues typically fields teams at this age group but they've been resilient. They face one of the more consistent squads in Galaxy over the past few seasons. Contrast in styles to say the least, who will dictate the style of play and come out on top?

Legends vs Surf, a final in itself. Both of these teams are scary when they're on and when they play each other they tend to cancel each other out and it becomes a game of who flinches first. Surf has the pedigree, but this Legends squad is cut from a different cloth and it seems to be culminating in something big. Only one can move on.

I have friends on all 4 squads so I wish their DD's the best of luck and a healthy weekend of the beautiful game! Well done young ladies!

I agree, Galaxy has taken care of business regardless of route put in front of them. The Legends vs. Surf match is a Final in itself. Best of luck to the Final 4!
Congrats to all four of these teams. Certainly hard to argue too much with these being the final four and I’d say any of them have a chance to win it all. Hopefully the girls all have a chance to enjoy what they have accomplished this year, regardless of how next weekend ends up. Well done ladies!

They have definitely had the easiest route so far but they do deserve to be in the final regardless. Great team but my $$ is on Surf or Legends to take it all.
Jack disagree. Please don't take offense. I will use Tech's comments from earlier this week about our girls, "...their path to the sweet 16 didn't go as expected with a couple of close games..." This is so true. Both Albion and Pat's were ready and well prepared. They were formidable and almost impossible to penetrate. In fact I almost posted that all group play in most cases was the toughest I'd ever seen. As Tech also mentioned, "Galaxy has taken care of business regardless of route put in front of them..." Strikers North Black was a fantastic team! They play great soccer and are a gritty team. I truly enjoyed watching them play. Beach will benefit with their addition to the club. SDSC was also a formidable team. I watched them battle CDA which was a incredible game to watch. And, they did no different here. The scorelines do not dictate how these games actually played out.

Back