NATIONAL CUP O6 2018

Congrats to Surf A for winning National Cup and congrats to all of the players on all of the teams who played. As @Woobie06 pointed out, any team can win on any given day. I'm curious if any of the forum members who rated my posts regarding the Surf A v. Surf C game "dumb" or "disagree" still feel the same way (@With Pace @junk @RS3 @SplitSoccerFamMom @fanofdl @GoPats @myself @3SoccerLadies)? Do you still think Surf A "let" Surf C win? Oh, and also congrats to the 06 ODP player pool - quite a few girls from Surf A, Surf B and one from Surf C (the one that scored the goal against Surf A, btw).
Ok, so this is irritating on so many levels. Let's belittle players making ODP, which there were 2 by the way on that team but yes let's take away from that team just a little bit more. Oh yes, and the post that was hit 4 or 5 times in that game also moved when nobody was looking!! In bracket play it's nice to see all kids get on the field, and one game resulted in a loss. You dont hear C team parents complaining for doing incredibly well in CRL only to draw Anaheim Surf in their bracket because they didn't participate so they weren't used in the goofy Cal South seeding. Congrats to the C team for a great season and their ODP nods, congrats to Surf and all the teams that came and played their hearts out and nice job parents who keep it classy and aren't just hunting for gossip and can genuinely be happy for these kids....and someone mentioned this all won't matter in a few years anyway, so let's not spoil it by circling back to this stupid topic. This is one talented and DEEP age group which makes all of this so exciting. One team wins, and it happened to be a very talented group of girls that I can guarantee you didnt go out and throw a freaking 11 year old soccer game. Lordy. PS-they always play with 2 in the back for the record....

Ok, so this is irritating on so many levels. Let's belittle players making ODP, which there were 2 by the way on that team but yes let's take away from that team just a little bit more. Oh yes, and the post that was hit 4 or 5 times in that game also moved when nobody was looking!! In bracket play it's nice to see all kids get on the field, and one game resulted in a loss. You dont hear C team parents complaining for doing incredibly well in CRL only to draw Anaheim Surf in their bracket because they didn't participate so they weren't used in the goofy Cal South seeding. Congrats to the C team for a great season and their ODP nods, congrats to Surf and all the teams that came and played their hearts out and nice job parents who keep it classy and aren't just hunting for gossip and can genuinely be happy for these kids....and someone mentioned this all won't matter in a few years anyway, so let's not spoil it by circling back to this stupid topic. This is one talented and DEEP age group which makes all of this so exciting. One team wins, and it happened to be a very talented group of girls that I can guarantee you didnt go out and throw a freaking 11 year old soccer game. Lordy. PS-they always play with 2 in the back for the record....

Not my finest post, I'll give you that, but I was not belittling ODP players - and I wasn't belittling Surf players either. I was pointing out the fact that numerous girls from Surf A, B and C made ODP - which is an indicator IMO, of the talent level on all 3 teams. I was wondering if any of the forum members who posted earlier on this thread that there was no way that Surf C could have beaten Surf A might have had second thoughts about their original conspiracy theory posts. IMO, it seems completely reasonable that any of the Surf teams could beat each other on any given day.

I was using sarcasm to point out how ridiculous I thought people were being. i.e. saying that the post/cross bar got in the way, etc.

Back