National Cup 2017...

Geez dude try not to get butt hurt.

Nobody's raining on TFAs parade. They won a tight game by completely changing the way they play and catching a break because Slammers #5 and #7, who are two of the top players in the entire 03 age group, were ill or hurt.

That's soccer. TFA caught a huge break and took advantage of it. Congrats to TFA.

I could care less who won, even if my kid were on one of those teams, which he isn't. It's youth soccer. As long as my kid gets a DI scholarship, I dont give a rats ass who won any of these games.
Looks like you're the one butt hurt since I wasn't even talking to you! There are no breaks, it's a long season, do you think that the TFA kids were 100% healthy? Things happen throughout the season and kids get hurt/ sick. Part of the game. TFA didn't "catch a break", they outplayed a bigger team with skill and tons of heart. Good luck with that D1 scholarship.

Congrats to tfa and there coach Gio! Seems to me like he out coached Godinez!!

Two teams with players that are sponsored! One has a good coach and the other a top recruiter!

I guess experience paid off for coach Gio!!

Yup, kids get banged up all the time. I'm pretty sure tfa had some kids not at full speed. Not really sure why you bother with that as a rationale

Looks like you're the one butt hurt since I wasn't even talking to you! There are no breaks, it's a long season, do you think that the TFA kids were 100% healthy? Things happen throughout the season and kids get hurt/ sick. Part of the game. TFA didn't "catch a break", they outplayed a bigger team with skill and tons of heart. Good luck with that D1 scholarship.
Exactly !!!

Congrats to tfa and there coach Gio! Seems to me like he out coached Godinez!!

Two teams with players that are sponsored! One has a good coach and the other a top recruiter!

I guess experience paid off for coach Gio!!

Good game by two good teams. I didn't hear anyone from tfa talking about injuries when they lost first match with them. They just out played tfa that time. This time tfa was better

Looks like you're the one butt hurt since I wasn't even talking to you!
You weren't talking to me? You quoted my post.

There are no breaks, it's a long season, do you think that the TFA kids were 100% healthy? Things happen throughout the season and kids get hurt/ sick. Part of the game. TFA didn't "catch a break", they outplayed a bigger team with skill and tons of heart. Good luck with that D1 scholarship.
It's a legit argument and I'm not taking anything away from Gio and TFA. You can only beat the teams and players you face and they got it done.

But to say not having to face #5 and #9 is not a factor is BS. That team is built on 5, 9 and 10 and losing two of their big 3 is a huge loss vs. quality teams.

My last post on this subject because I don't have a dog in this fight. Let's just agree to disagree.

Watching the game on YouTube.

Much of the same through 15. No clear possession by either. Oxnard pressuring hard and three shots on goal. On on the cross bar. Refs non factor.

Cal South stepping it up with highlights at the half. Lol. I should have volunteered to narrate the game.
First 20 the edge went to Oxnard. TFA settled into their game the last 10. Good first half by TFA's number 6 he is a little work horse.

Was at the game. Oxnard played very well and I would say had 55% possesion. TFA had some chances but didn't convert and missed on some close set pieces. Great job Oxnard, congrats to TFA for a solid run and yeah CSL for a dominant semi and final

I thought CDA Slammers Godinez, Oxnard, and TFA were the class of this tournament. Congrats to Oxnard for winning it.

TBH I have no idea why TFA can't get academy status for more teams. They have produced so many great teams and players over multiple age groups and those kids are now scattered over all the academy teams, and they always seem to find a way to advance in State/National Cup further than I expected.

I thought CDA Slammers Godinez, Oxnard, and TFA were the class of this tournament. Congrats to Oxnard for winning it.

TBH I have no idea why TFA can't get academy status for more teams. They have produced so many great teams and players over multiple age groups and those kids are now scattered over all the academy teams, and they always seem to find a way to advance in State/National Cup further than I expected.
Agree

Just say the word "FREE", you will attrack the best talented players out there. Ready made, no development necessary until the next batch is awaitting to take your place.

At the end it's about the coaching I guess!? Let's be real there's not a single real coach on that club. I've been there before! 90% of the slammers coaches are bad! Vargas. Esparza. Godinez. Giménez. Martinez.
Godinez lost he's chance of winning it this year. Next year is going to be hard. Next year most boys are growing and maturing and those that are big and fast now they will struggle agains those that are more technically coached. I personally recommend slammers parents if they really care for their boys development get out of there and put your soon with real coaches! The sooner the better! I heard ppl saying that Esparza played with chivas Mexico before? Really? Come on? Esparza wasn't even a coach. He was the utility's boy at the club. Never coached a single team before! YOULL SLAMMERS PARENTS BEEN FOOLED! Sorry.

At the end it's about the coaching I guess!? Let's be real there's not a single real coach on that club. I've been there before! 90% of the slammers coaches are bad! Vargas. Esparza. Godinez. Giménez. Martinez.
Godinez lost he's chance of winning it this year. Next year is going to be hard. Next year most boys are growing and maturing and those that are big and fast now they will struggle agains those that are more technically coached. I personally recommend slammers parents if they really care for their boys development get out of there and put your soon with real coaches! The sooner the better! I heard ppl saying that Esparza played with chivas Mexico before? Really? Come on? Esparza wasn't even a coach. He was the utility's boy at the club. Never coached a single team before! YOULL SLAMMERS PARENTS BEEN FOOLED! Sorry.
But your words have no credibility either...

look at the club you're at? lol

Laughable how much hate there is. High school shit that someone didn't grow out of. If someone isn't happy you vote with pocket. Don't pay for it. Can say much for the CDA organization as a whole but as far a I'm concerned. I've dealt with Strikers Irvine 7 years and CDA HB organizations this last year. Both dedicated coaching staffs and great development programs. Are any of the kids going pro. More than like no one will. That goes for 99.999% of players. Including the Galaxy Academy and all the other top teams. If your worried about college then they should try picking up a book or two and an extra hour studying.
Not much credibility from anonymous posters. Ya, ya. Slammers suck. Yada... yada. Parents are fools.

Everyone should enjoy the ride , watch your boys become young men and hopefully pick up life lessons from sports. Agree make sure you kids study

Funny as your kids get order all the B.S. goes away. Check out the older groups in the forum, nobody post anything.

Back