National Cup 2017...

At the end it's about the coaching I guess!? Let's be real there's not a single real coach on that club. I've been there before! 90% of the slammers coaches are bad! Vargas. Esparza. Godinez. Giménez. Martinez.
Vargas took a bronze Hawaiian Garden team to Coast Gold in 3 years. Godinez won CRL, League and is semi-finalist in Nationals. Gimenez is head coach of Golden West and has a fantastic 04 team. Don't know Esparza or Martinez well.

Slammers has grown to become one of the biggest clubs with branches everywhere.

How did these guys accomplish so much if they are as bad as you say?

Slammers is known for their girls teams, maybe in the few years when they have some consistency across age groups for the boys people outside OC will take notice

Don't they complete with the Strikers, Pats, West Coast for area players? They seem like a niche club like Fullerton, Boca OC, AC Brea, etc. With the Albion's, Surfs, Nomad's, Galaxy creating over lapping affiliates in the OC seems like the space is crowded and not sure how they standout from the pack in the future or even now.

Laughable how much hate there is. High school shit that someone didn't grow out of. If someone isn't happy you vote with pocket. Don't pay for it. Can say much for the CDA organization as a whole but as far a I'm concerned. I've dealt with Strikers Irvine 7 years and CDA HB organizations this last year. Both dedicated coaching staffs and great development programs. Are any of the kids going pro. More than like no one will. That goes for 99.999% of players. Including the Galaxy Academy and all the other top teams. If your worried about college then they should try picking up a book or two and an extra hour studying.
Not much credibility from anonymous posters. Ya, ya. Slammers suck. Yada... yada. Parents are fools.
Hahaha!

lol@ Irvine Strikers

Kickball teams are hilarious.

Hahaha!

lol@ Irvine Strikers

Kickball teams are hilarious.

Lol @ Fools on public forums talking like experts, but with no knowledge or credibility. When we beat your son's team last year in Nationals (and again at Regionals), he was gracious in defeat. Pray to God (or yourself) he doesn't get ahold of your soccer posts. He would be embarrassed by you.

Lol @ Fools on public forums talking like experts, but with no knowledge or credibility. When we beat your son's team last year in Nationals (and again at Regionals), he was gracious in defeat. Pray to God (or yourself) he doesn't get ahold of your soccer posts. He would be embarrassed by you.
So basically you created an account just to spew gibberish?

And someone Liked it and declared it a Winner post. Hahahaha!

So basically you created an account just to spew gibberish?

And someone Liked it and declared it a Winner post. Hahahaha!

I created an account because 13 and 14 year old boys (including my son) read this thread and you are a cyber bully. If you are in fact an adult (there seems some question about that) you should held to account for your comments. Saying "LOL @ some team" is condescending and wrong in general; but when you are talking about kids, you become a bully. I don't like bullies.

Reactions: JJP
Yes, it was me that declared the post a winner.

Too many "experts" on here that toss out nothing but insults and make up things to throw stones at clubs, coaches and youth soccer players. Calling people cheaters with nothing but BS to back it up.

Consider this my last post. I am done "participating" in this forum.

Super Natural, sounds like you are making tons of enemies here. I have no relations to Slammers or any of the top teams but your blogs are demeaning and just plain rude. Relax man, smoke some legal stuff and take it easy. I am here to learn about what's going with this age group but every time I see your post, it makes me cringe. Don't be that fat guy from that reality kid football show "Friday Night Tykes".

Who cares what style Slammers, Strikers, or anyone else plays. Nobody should depend on a club to take their kids to obtain scholarships or go professional. If your kid is awesome and gets the proper private training, they will get discovered. Club teams are really just a way to get our kids to play competitive soccer wrapped around structure, team training, conditioning, and a chance to make friends and enjoy this great sport.

I created an account because 13 and 14 year old boys (including my son) read this thread and you are a cyber bully. If you are in fact an adult (there seems some question about that) you should held to account for your comments. Saying "LOL @ some team" is condescending and wrong in general; but when you are talking about kids, you become a bully. I don't like bullies.
crying.jpg

Feel free to ignore this but come on guys, they're kids teams that you're talking about. Please try and act like adults. Or find a MLS/EPL/La Liga website where you can bash the millionaire athletes who are fair game...but leave teenagers playing the game out of it.

This website is not a great commercial for positive human nature.

Soccer is a players game. Coaches, parents, trainers, friends, teammates can help players learn. The game teaches its self in different ways and there is no one size fits all, changing and adapting is one way to learn and you can do so from different styles, teams, formations, coaches, players, etc.

Nobody (clubs, coaches, officials, etc) that tries is "bad" per say for attempting to help. I'm sure there intentions are good for the most past, sometimes maybe the delivery could be improved, tacit, or the lesson plans but it's up to the student players to make the best of the situations and learn. Some need to do more homework others can uses tutoring while some don't need any of that no matter the teacher and score well on tests (games for example)

The whole the other team played kickball to win bit goes a bit too far sometimes IMO and both by kids would rather play procession and like that style much better. That being the case they have plays and strategies in their toolbox when to play more direct, with time running out for example they may setup a kick & run play to get a goal. Coach is not necessarily telling them this but they think about it naturally.

I remember when the kids where just starting out before the time when they had coaches, just playing with friends or indoor they loved the freedom of improvising, outdoor they loved kick and run indoor they passed and go more naturally without anybody telling them anything.

What's different nowadays? people are too focused on immediate results and forget to enjoy the journey , not about if you win some tournament or on the "top" teams its about learning and having fun along the way. The mountain of medals and trophies collecting dust are nice to look back on but the times kids spend doing something they love with passion no matter the score at the end of the day are what they remember the most like the times hanging out and laughing with with mates between practies, hotel stays, games, etc. Cherish the time with them while their young, before you know it there driving away.....

Well the end of the season has come. Congrats to Oxnard United for winning the National Cup, Congrats to TFA for a nice tourney run, Congrats to Godinez for an incredible season.

It will be interesting to see what team shuffling happens. Good luck to the boys who maybe going to high school next year, that will add a whole new dimension to how teams are built this coming year.

It will be interesting to see what team shuffling happens. Good luck to the boys who maybe going to high school next year, that will add a whole new dimension to how teams are built this coming year.
I didnt get what was so amazing about Godinez...

But this part in particular, what does this even mean?

I didnt get what was so amazing about Godinez...

But this part in particular, what does this even mean?

Godinez had a undefeated season in league, looked un-beatable. As soon as you get that label guess what, you get whooped. Big Ups to TFA for bringing it against a more physical team. I hear Godinez might have lost a few players available for that game. Thats soccer, you got to play with who you got. Maybe that speaks to there depth? Great season no matter what.

In terms of Freshman - Highschool, don't some kids have to decide what they want to play, HS or CRL/DA? This might be a factor in composing some teams. I guess most kids on a CRL or DA team will stay, but some might opt for HS. Plus additional Frosh+ HS games could interfere with practices schedules for Flight 1, CRL/DA teams.

Godinez had a undefeated season in league, looked un-beatable. As soon as you get that label guess what, you get whooped. Big Ups to TFA for bringing it against a more physical team. I hear Godinez might have lost a few players available for that game. Thats soccer, you got to play with who you got. Maybe that speaks to there depth? Great season no matter what.

In terms of Freshman - Highschool, don't some kids have to decide what they want to play, HS or CRL/DA? This might be a factor in composing some teams. I guess most kids on a CRL or DA team will stay, but some might opt for HS. Plus additional Frosh+ HS games could interfere with practices schedules for Flight 1, CRL/DA teams.
But how is that AMAZING, every knows they were just beating up on mediocre teams all throughout the season. Since SCDL flight 1 teams moved on to play against USSDA there's not much competition. Flight 1 Champions is equivalent to Silver Elite in CSL and Europa is Sliver or Bronze. Yeah it's that water down.

Anyway I still don't get what you were trying to say with all the HS and CRL mumbo jumbo...

Whatever this thread is dead. Let's move on to the next one!

You can play high school soccer if you play CRL. You miss games the first two week of December until you are done with CRL.
You can practice , but not play games, same goes for National League.

You can play high school soccer if you play CRL. You miss games the first two week of December until you are done with CRL.
You can practice , but not play games, same goes for National League.
Playing CRL/National league , then you got to deal with some High School coaches who get butt hurt if you don't give 100 percent to the high school team, especial if your team is at the bottom of the standing. Kids not making varsity due to them choosing to play CRL/National League or if on varsity reduce playing time

lol@ODP

What's that supposed to mean?
Olympic Development Program, as if this this scam will develop a future Olympic player. There's a Pro + Plus Something thrown in as well, as if they're going to develop a pro, plus an Olympian.
So exposed, this scam. Sorry to the parents whose kids have been chosen, but this is a cruel joke perpetrated by a few charlatans.
Just saw a video of 30 or so pre-teen girls getting chosen while the other unlucky 100 were forced to sit and applaud their being chosen. If any of you know a parent of those not chosen please tell them to tell their kids to keep their heads up it's in truth less than nothing.

Back