National Cup 2017...

Do you know if this is just for the 2003 games or for all the games?

I don't want to say I called it but I was the only one picking TFA in the poll. They still haven't won it but again the favorite didn't either like I mentioned was a good possiblity.

Granted I don't think I've seen any of these teams play this year but I was say/predict this:

Every year there seems to be a different team catch fire and surprise most everyone, I've done polls like this for a number of years and I think the favorite(s) has only won like 1 our of 5 or 6 for example

This year maybe different but some of the games will be very close, OT's PK,s and you just never know

If you look at any of the 2nd teams in their group: Arsenal, Total Futbol Academy, Albion SC, Rebels, Fullerton Rangers, CDA Slammer Esparza, Oceanside. The one that stands out to me is TFA they have a long history of doing well in the knockout rounds with a coaching staff that knows how to get their players ready. Perhaps they don't the stacked roster like in previous years but they might be some newer players stepping up.

Good luck, (4) four more games if you go all the way should be a great experience for the players.

Oxnard has a solid team. This Saturday you'll be playing Oceanside. They have some good speed and will make runs down the left looking to cross. #8 and 9 are quick.
Looking at CDA Esparza vs LAUFA red it's all about which team shows up. Esparza looks like they moved down their 04's and looked really good in their first game and then bad in their second last Saturday. I'll pick Esparza's boys.
Xplosion vs Rangers should be a good one. Both have stud forwards. At CRL I saw xplosion have a great gave vs Oxnard through 65 minutes and then lose the game in the last 5. They need to stay focused.
Colton vs Rebels... in picking Colton. Rebels could have beat a few others but not in this draw.
Valley United vs Albion Garton. I'm picking Valley united. They are a deeper team. I heard they might have lost a stud to Real Socal though. ?
TFA vs SD Navy. Likely the best game in this round. I'm picking TFA if they can shut down the ODP stud.
FCLA vs Arsenal. I hope Arsenal can pull it out. The FCLA team some how advanced after looking like horrible and then their long haired kid turned it on and lit up the Esparza backline.
CDA Godinez vs Downey. I'm picking my son's team. Way to many players. It's always a different kid. If they can keep everyone healthy i think they got this side of the bracket. Colton and Oxnard on the other side.

Saw the game today. You didn't keep everyone healthy. Tired legs, #5 and #9 hardly played. Those two are studs. TFA is a great team can't beat teams like that with out any fire power.
However I saw a lot more kick ball from TFA. Counted 20 booted clearances from the center back. CDA dominated had a few calls including a PK late that was a no call. At the end of the day. The better team won. CDA looked tired and disinterested.
Godinez got a red for slapping the ball out of the 4th officials hands late. Idk what happened looked comical. Also looked like the 4th oficial was making time. Lol

1-0 game in OT. Semi final anyone's game. Goodluck to TFA tomorrow

Saw the game today. You didn't keep everyone healthy. Tired legs, #5 and #9 hardly played. Those two are studs. TFA is a great team can't beat teams like that with out any fire power.
That's why. #5 and #9 are 2 of the top 3 players on that team, but you have to pair those two with guys that cover a lot of ground to save their legs.

Congrats to TFA but sounds like they caught a break.

That's why. #5 and #9 are 2 of the top 3 players on that team, but you have to pair those two with guys that cover a lot of ground to save their legs.

Congrats to TFA but sounds like they caught a break.
Sounds like someone's a hater.........

Congrats to TFA. They played a smart game. IMO the Slammers boys seemed to be going through the motions in too many games down the stretch. They are the deepest team in this age group. Beating on everyone through almost 9 months can mess with you when it's getting close to OT or kicks from the mark. Had a clear scoring opportunity to take the lead and to tie in the final seconds. The post knocked it away instead of in. While it would have been nice to have won National Cup Cal South I still believe it might help as they make a run at nationals. Having clinched a trip to Seattle I'm not sure if the boys had the drive and mind set. Coach Carlos and Dykes will have them ready.
Oxnard should have the edge tomorrow.
As far as the four official trying to play keep away from the CDA players/coach that was comical. Just hand the ball over. I guess he wanted the team to fetch the ball instead of using the extra ball in his hands.
Good luck tomorrow TFA and Onxnard.

The smaller team struggled to get out of their half. Unlesss the sweaper Center back was booting it. A lot of people on here are biased.
They "outplayed" them to a 1-0 win in OT lol

Like I said earlier it's a semi final. Win ugly!

The smaller team struggled to get out of their half. Unlesss the sweaper Center back was booting it. A lot of people on here are biased.
They "outplayed" them to a 1-0 win in OT lol

Like I said earlier it's a semi final. Win ugly!
I wouldn't say struggled. Possession was fairly even and the tfa squad did less booting of the ball. They were always trying to connect passes. Without a doubt cda disrupted a lot of those attempts but slammers booted up the field plenty

Just spoke to him. He echoed what others have said. TFA played with 2 holding mids and countered. He was impressed with their ability to defend. He had never coached against a TFA team that abandoned their usually 4--3-3 they never played out of the back once. Smart semi final move. TFA #29 is outstanding

Said that the CDA #5 was about 70%.

Said the TFA goal was outstanding

CDA missed an open netter early in over time

Didn't mention the red card

Said the loss hurt but the boys vowed to work hard for a good showing at regionals

Good luck to TFA and Oxnard in the finals

I wouldn't say struggled. Possession was fairly even and the tfa squad did less booting of the ball. They were always trying to connect passes. Without a doubt cda disrupted a lot of those attempts but slammers booted up the field plenty

I wasn't arguing the CDA Style. They play direct. And posses at times. But now you're contradicting yourself. Now possession was even lol

I'd agree that for the most part TFA didn't play the Tiki taka style, or connect more than two passes often, nor the normal formation. They knew their opponent. I would to have liked more dribbling from our midfielders to draw out the Inter Milan Murino game plan. Too many long passes looking for the forwards who were jammed by two or three players. Or wide runs with crosses. Hint...hint Oxnard.
It's a loss at the end of the day. Turn the page and learn from it.

I wasn't arguing the CDA Style. They play direct. And posses at times. But now you're contradicting yourself. Now possession was even lol
Didn't mention Possesion until that last post. You most have thought someone else's comment was mine. Bottom line, cda hasn't lost in a very long time and tfa had to play well to be the one to bring them down. Period

Sounds like someone's a hater.........
Geez dude try not to get butt hurt.

Nobody's raining on TFAs parade. They won a tight game by completely changing the way they play and catching a break because Slammers #5 and #7, who are two of the top players in the entire 03 age group, were ill or hurt.

That's soccer. TFA caught a huge break and took advantage of it. Congrats to TFA.

I could care less who won, even if my kid were on one of those teams, which he isn't. It's youth soccer. As long as my kid gets a DI scholarship, I dont give a rats ass who won any of these games.

Back