National Cup - 03/14U

I agree it's big. I am one that looks at the big picture though. Not once have I seen a college coach recruit a team. Not to mention that the players that I have seen that play for the full national teams of top 8 countries are beyond simple standouts. They are transcendent players. I have a very high bar when it comes to expectations.

When I first started this journey parents really have the opinion when your daughter is a 12-20 that being on a top team in a top club "give you more looks". I believed it. Now that I have a few years under my belt I am thinking differently as I have seen girls who are starters on "ok teams" fare better in terms of making ODP, getting looks, invites to ECNL teams etc because they are "standouts" on a team and "easily recognizable". It's been interesting for me to see.
Sitting on the bench doesn't help the girl. I was one of the parents who felt that my daughter was better served playing with the "top team" because "iron sharpens iron". It was when I purposefully moved her down she started to be more courageous, technical, leadership shone through that I saw her evolve and able to attempt to become an impact player.
As for the list I would say Slammers, LAG, Surf...

When I first started this journey parents really have the opinion when your daughter is a 12-20 that being on a top team in a top club "give you more looks". I believed it. Now that I have a few years under my belt I am thinking differently as I have seen girls who are starters on "ok teams" fare better in terms of making ODP, getting looks, invites to ECNL teams etc because they are "standouts" on a team and "easily recognizable". It's been interesting for me to see.
Sitting on the bench doesn't help the girl. I was one of the parents who felt that my daughter was better served playing with the "top team" because "iron sharpens iron". It was when I purposefully moved her down she started to be more courageous, technical, leadership shone through that I saw her evolve and able to attempt to become an impact player.
As for the list I would say Slammers, LAG, Surf...

Couldn't agree with you more, some times parents get caught up on being on the best team and than they get angry at the coach when their daughter is getting 5 - 10 mins a half. A great example of this is RB's Arsenal team, they win Championships, and he could care less how parents feel about their kids playing time. One thing I learned is, if I want my DD to get better, she needs to play in the game, and she needs to train on her own. So its my job as a parent to set her up for success and find a team that is right for her.

I agree with you about Slammers, but I'm giving LA Galaxy the benefit of the doubt that they are one of the fully funded Girls DAs and as a coach, who wouldn't want to be a part of that, so I'm assuming their going to be attracting good coaches across the country to join their DA program.

Back to national Cup, it was just disappointing to see how many teams had to resort to long ball to win games. #KickIt!

Back