National Cup - 03/14U

Roland Sandquist, I.E. Surf, has been that coach ever since he was at Arsenal with the Kooimans. Not too popular with the parents, if you're looking to be friends with the coach, because he keeps it professional and strictly about coaching the kids.

Several times throughout the game you could hear him teaching and talking about seeing the game develop not only for the players on the ball, but off of it as well. In my opinion he has always been an underrated coach. He's coached the olders at Arsenal and Platinum / IE Surf for years now and next season will get a crack with the youngers. I know he's taking one of the 05 teams at IE Surf and perhaps another younger squad as well.
I remember him back in the days at Arsenal and he has changed his style ever since then.

Congratulations to both LAGSD and IE Surf for making it to the finals. There were a lot of strong teams playing in NC this year, so making it to the finals is quite impressive.

I was just thinking about how both of the finalists played in Coast Soccer versus SCDSL. Good for CSL.

Good job LAGSD! Keep it going at the FWR in June and hopefully on to National Championships in July.

When they lost or their predictions fell it's kickball. When they get cut or released they coaching is bad at the former club. 13 and 14 year old girls playing in national cup finals back to back games and people have them under microscopes. Who cheers against girls when the world is really cruel to them already. Style of play isn't the girls fault at this age. $10 parking got you thinking you are watching professionals. Stalkers and Haters oh my. ;)
Only watched first few minutes up to the first goal scored and didn't see any passing between the two teams. Hopefully they settled in; had to say, it was hard to watch all that kick ball.

When they lost or their predictions fell it's kickball. When they get cut or released they coaching is bad at the former club. 13 and 14 year old girls playing in national cup finals back to back games and people have them under microscopes. Who cheers against girls when the world is really cruel to them already. Style of play isn't the girls fault at this age. $10 parking got you thinking you are watching professionals. Stalkers and Haters oh my. ;)

It has nothing to do with the players, I know you and another blues parent mentioned that we are being cruel and attacking the kids. We are not, trust me. Even though at we all know what a headache our 13/14 year old DD's could be.

Whats being criticized is the style of play by the coaches. You can definitely see the difference of old style of play vs new style of play at this National Cup. Are they playing the ball out of the back or are they choosing to go long every time. I feel that LAGSD (congrats on the win) is a old style of play, If you look closely they practically play 4-4-2 with a sweeper.

When the defense wins the ball, they should be looking to play through their midfield to get the ball forward, not play the ball over the top and out run the back. This is why US National team is not winning on the men's side.

I also agree on the comment, congrats to the two CSL teams in the finals and winning it. So many people brag about SCDSL being the "better" league. This is a good win for CSL.

It has nothing to do with the players, I know you and another blues parent mentioned that we are being cruel and attacking the kids. We are not, trust me. Even though at we all know what a headache our 13/14 year old DD's could be.

Whats being criticized is the style of play by the coaches. You can definitely see the difference of old style of play vs new style of play at this National Cup. Are they playing the ball out of the back or are they choosing to go long every time. I feel that LAGSD (congrats on the win) is a old style of play, If you look closely they practically play 4-4-2 with a sweeper.

When the defense wins the ball, they should be looking to play through their midfield to get the ball forward, not play the ball over the top and out run the back. This is why US National team is not winning on the men's side.

I also agree on the comment, congrats to the two CSL teams in the finals and winning it. So many people brag about SCDSL being the "better" league. This is a good win for CSL.
miss me with your bullshit. Have a great evening.

Only watched first few minutes up to the first goal scored and didn't see any passing between the two teams. Hopefully they settled in; had to say, it was hard to watch all that kick ball.
I couldn't have said it better. It was kick ball all game to the big's up top. Sad, but true, kick ball does win Championships.

Why are you using such harsh words? Does your Team play the same style??
Soccer123 we j/p that's all. Whatever style it is we j/p and Hustle. We just/played our way to the semis. Soccer123 all the games you watched of Holley 03s you didn't see the style we played. Yep j/p is all we do. I don't know how we 'managed to j/p' all the time and get to the semis. So no my team doesn't j/p the style you are referring to. We just play. Does that help Soccer123 :)? Soccer123 what style will your team play when it starts back up or will you be j/p like normal?

Soccer123 we j/p that's all. Whatever style it is we j/p and Hustle. We just/played our way to the semis. Soccer123 all the games you watched of Holley 03s you didn't see the style we played. Yep j/p is all we do. I don't know how we 'managed to j/p' all the time and get to the semis. So no my team doesn't j/p the style you are referring to. We just play. Does that help Soccer123 :)? Soccer123 what style will your team play when it starts back up or will you be j/p like normal?
I am happy to hear that you j/p. I hope that helps you next season in ecnl by j/p whatever style your coach plays. Good luck! I know my dd would never play for a kb team, if she wanted to do that she would play ayso and save a ton of $$$$. Just saying. :)

I am happy to hear that you j/p. I hope that helps you next season in ecnl by j/p whatever style your coach plays. Good luck! I know my dd would never play for a kb team, if she wanted to do that she would play ayso and save a ton of $$$$. Just saying. :)
Soccer123 you used to play under the system. Why now is the system not so good for Lil Becky? Did my dd take Lil Becky's spot? Has the speed of play put Lil Becky on the bench more then you thought she should be? Why did you leave leave was it a buddy thing? J/P and have fun it's gets real next year.

Soccer123 you used to play under the system. Why now is the system not so good for Lil Becky? Did my dd take Lil Becky's spot? Has the speed of play put Lil Becky on the bench more then you thought she should be? Why did you leave leave was it a buddy thing? J/P and have fun it's gets real next year.
It certainly does get real next year!! Look forward to seeing your DD and or some of her teammates play DA / ECNL next season. The big guy with his clip board was watching the National Cup Championship game taking notes, I sure as heck hope he was watching your semi-final game and taking notes on who he wants for next season. :)

Congratulations to both LAGSD and IE Surf for making it to the finals. There were a lot of strong teams playing in NC this year, so making it to the finals is quite impressive.

I was just thinking about how both of the finalists played in Coast Soccer versus SCDSL. Good for CSL.

Good job LAGSD! Keep it going at the FWR in June and hopefully on to National Championships in July.

Not really that surprising. U14 is the first age for ECNL. Look at all the ages from U9-U13. How many teams are in the finals that aren't from an ECNL club? I don't know the answer but my guess would be somewhere between 0 and 3.

It certainly does get real next year!! Look forward to seeing your DD and or some of her teammates play DA / ECNL next season. The big guy with his clip board was watching the National Cup Championship game taking notes, I sure as heck hope he was watching your semi-final game and taking notes on who he wants for next season. :)

I like you Soccer123, maybe its cause you have Messi and Barcelona as your profile pic.

I saw the Mr B and a lot of games for Blues Holley, I assume he's watching the Blues girls (or the teams they are playing against) but I am doubtful he will be filling any of his DA team with those players, which just means Blues Holley will be a team to watch out for next year IF they can stay intact. I know a lot of teams will who made it to the Top 8 will look drastically different next season, losing players to DA clubs (not teams) hoping to make the DA2 team with the false promise of making it to the DA team one day ....................

My opinion LA Galaxy will have the top DA program with the top coaches, followed by Slammers who already have top coaches, than Legends and maybe Blues (unfortunately those are the same coaches people leave the club for all the time, nothing new there), and so on ......... ending with LA Premier.

I wonder how Far West Regionals will look, will teams be going there with only 11 or 12 players?

MakeAPlay - you make a good point about ECNL, but still a big win for CSL vs SCDSL

I like you Soccer123, maybe its cause you have Messi and Barcelona as your profile pic.

I saw the Mr B and a lot of games for Blues Holley, I assume he's watching the Blues girls (or the teams they are playing against) but I am doubtful he will be filling any of his DA team with those players, which just means Blues Holley will be a team to watch out for next year IF they can stay intact. I know a lot of teams will who made it to the Top 8 will look drastically different next season, losing players to DA clubs (not teams) hoping to make the DA2 team with the false promise of making it to the DA team one day ....................

My opinion LA Galaxy will have the top DA program with the top coaches, followed by Slammers who already have top coaches, than Legends and maybe Blues (unfortunately those are the same coaches people leave the club for all the time, nothing new there), and so on ......... ending with LA Premier.

I wonder how Far West Regionals will look, will teams be going there with only 11 or 12 players?

MakeAPlay - you make a good point about ECNL, but still a big win for CSL vs SCDSL

I agree it's big. I am one that looks at the big picture though. Not once have I seen a college coach recruit a team. Not to mention that the players that I have seen that play for the full national teams of top 8 countries are beyond simple standouts. They are transcendent players. I have a very high bar when it comes to expectations.

Back