National Cup - 03/14U

Brackets have been posted: http://cysa.affinitysoccer.com/tour...FB5725-9206-4522-9E6B-F597775BC9D3&show=girls

Please remember that there are two links to choose from:
1. Round 1 teams
2. Round 2 teams

Brackets - Round 1

A1 IE SURF G03 PREMIER RS
A2 Legends FC South G03
A3 LAGSB 2003 Gold
A4 Express Girls 2003 Premier - Yamazaki

B1 DMCV Sharks G2003 - Smith
B2 OVC - G2003 Vejar)
B3 Strikers FC North G03 Red DH
B4 Real So Cal-SCV G 2003 W

C1 Albion SC G03 Academy
C2 IE SURF G03 BRADBURY WEST
C3 Crown City United G2003
C4 Hawks G 2003 Academy

D1 FC Golden State - 2003 PDA
D2 Rebels Soccer Club - G03 Elite
D3 Strikers FC - OC 2003 Black
D4 FCB Strikers FC - 0353 - G2003

E1 So Cal Blues - 2003 Holley
E2 Pateadores IRV G2003
E3 Albion SC G03 Premier - Hughes
E4 Westside Breakers 03 White

F1 Strikers FC-OC EGSL 2003
F2 Pateadores IER G2003
F3 LAGSD G03 Premier-Tarrant
F4 CDA FC Slammers - HB G03 EGSL Academy

G1 Slammers FC G2003 Reserve
G2 BYSC Corona United - G03
G3 So Cal Blues - 2003 Helm
G4 Arsenal FC South G03 EGSL

H1 West Coast FC G03 EGSL
H2 NFFC G2003 RED
H3 Corinthians G03
H4 Arsenal FC San Diego 03 Elite

I1 Legends FC East-Riverside G03
I2 Beach FC SB G03 Lohn
I3 2003 LA Premier FC
I4 SD United G/2003 Black

J1 CZ Elite Soccer G03 Cherif
J2 AC Brea G03 RED
J3 Spartans FC G 2003 Black
J4 Irvine Slammers FC - G2003

K1 FRAM G03-Miseroy
K2 West Coast FC G03 Filipovic
K3 SMUFC G2003
K4 TUSA Soccer Club - G2003

L1 Real So Cal G03 EGSL
L2 Simi Valley S.C. Eclipse
L3 Oceanside Breakers -G03 Blk
L4 Rebels Soccer Club - G03 Blue

BYES - Round 2

A1 San Diego SC G2003 Academy Navy
B1 Beach FC LB G03 S.Kaufman
C1 Legends FC G03 Academy
D1 Beach FC SB G03 Hodson
E1 SD Surf EGSL Academy 2003
F1 LAGSD G03 Elite-Higham
G1 Beach FC LB G03-Demelo
H1 LAGSB 2003 Elite

BYES - Round 2

A1 San Diego SC G2003 Academy Navy
B1 Beach FC LB G03 S.Kaufman
C1 Legends FC G03 Academy
D1 Beach FC SB G03 Hodson
E1 SD Surf EGSL Academy 2003
F1 LAGSD G03 Elite-Higham
G1 Beach FC LB G03-Demelo
H1 LAGSB 2003 Elite
Great group of byes for 03! I think the winner of "National Cup 2017" is definitely with a team that has a bye. I think they have been the most consistent and solid teams all season and 1 will prevail at the end, unless an underdog sneaks in, which you never know? Good luck to all of the 03 teams in National Cup! Stay healthy, play hard, and finish out the season strong. Looking forward to seeing how this all plays out. Cheers to your next chapter of 03 soccer. :)

Great group of byes for 03! I think the winner of "National Cup 2017" is definitely with a team that has a bye. I think they have been the most consistent and solid teams all season and 1 will prevail at the end, unless an underdog sneaks in, which you never know? Good luck to all of the 03 teams in National Cup! Stay healthy, play hard, and finish out the season strong. Looking forward to seeing how this all plays out. Cheers to your next chapter of 03 soccer. :)
BYEs look to be taken directly from CRL this season in both the 04s and 03s. These 03 teams have been some of the most consistent squads out there.

BYEs look to be taken directly from CRL this season in both the 04s and 03s. These 03 teams have been some of the most consistent squads out there.
I agree with the bye's. You can't go off of last years National Cup results b/c none of the Team's are the same due to the age change. Kudos to basing this off of CRL. Great way to do it! These teams are definitely the strongest @ 03! :)

May be biased, but how about giving a bye to the team that won scdsl champions tournament? Had to get past all those teams.

Good point. Not playing CRL, but beat one of those (bye) teams 6-0 (surf cup) and another one of those Bye teams 1-0 at SCDSL finals. Maybe they are seeded where they should be, just don't like driving to silverlakes. :)

Good point. Not playing CRL, but beat one of those (bye) teams 6-0 (surf cup) and another one of those Bye teams 1-0 at SCDSL finals. Maybe they are seeded where they should be, just don't like driving to silverlakes. :)
You make a good point, but not sure the Team was consistent enough throughout the Season to receive a bye? Team didn't qualify for CRL, didn't play in the Champions Division for Fall League, lost to Tier 2 Strikers North Team last weekend @ TOC, didn't make it out of bracket play @ Surf Cup Thanksgiving, played Tier 2 Surf Cup in the summer. Good luck to your dd & Team in National Cup. Always fun to be an underdog. Sometimes it is better to not have the bye and have the momentum going in to playing the bye teams. :)

You make a good point, but not sure the Team was consistent enough throughout the Season to receive a bye? Team didn't qualify for CRL, didn't play in the Champions Division for Fall League, lost to Tier 2 Strikers North Team last weekend @ TOC, didn't make it out of bracket play @ Surf Cup Thanksgiving, played Tier 2 Surf Cup in the summer. Good luck to your dd & Team in National Cup. Always fun to be an underdog. Sometimes it is better to not have the bye and have the momentum going in to playing the bye teams. :)
Good points, but all these teams played tier 2 surf cup. Didnt play champions in the fall, but beat all the teams that did. Didn't make it out of bracket play in Surf thanksgiving because they were bracketed with Surf EC NL who won the tournament (blues leading at the half). Like I said you make some good points, but fun to debate. Good luck to your DD as well (what does DD stand for)?

CRL is your only valid point in your post. I won't go into TOC out of respect for Strikers North who played well that tournament. Surf and Crossfire both ECNL did our group proud so let's throw that out just for *#@& and giggles. A team can not control their placement in a tournament, All they can do is get in where they fit in and we fit well so far.

Good points, but all these teams played tier 2 surf cup. Didnt play champions in the fall, but beat all the teams that did. Didn't make it out of bracket play in Surf thanksgiving because they were bracketed with Surf EC NL who won the tournament (blues leading at the half). Like I said you make some good points, but fun to debate. Good luck to your DD as well (what does DD stand for)?
Two teams played Tier 1 in Surf Cup.

Now it has been 6 years since I last attended a National Cup game but I am one that believes that to win it the first two years of the competition you have to focus on the team in front of you. There is no real home field advantage and at the pre-high school ages it's all about how teams match up and which teams got the most rest the night before.

Good luck to all of the teams. These are the last two years where it is primarily about the team and not the individual. Enjoy them because it only gets crazier from here.

Good point. Not playing CRL, but beat one of those (bye) teams 6-0 (surf cup) and another one of those Bye teams 1-0 at SCDSL finals. Maybe they are seeded where they should be, just don't like driving to silverlakes. :)[/QUOTE

On not playing CRL. Holley didn't make it out of pool play and one of the bye teams (LAGSD) beat Holley 6-1

Yes Holley beat Legends Academy in SCDSL finals 1-0. Same teams played Blues quarterfinals with Legends winning 1-0

As on old coach of mind use to say. "If IFs & BUTs are cherries and nuts, we all can have a Merry X Mas."

Back