National Cup - 03/14U

Not agreeing or disagreeing with what you're saying as I don't have a dog in this fight...but the bolded portion seems to fly in the face of conventional logic, no?
I'm giving credit to coach Carlos for his coaching methods but also giving credit to the girls in Legends for being very talented which is true. I wish the girls the best with their new Academy coach and for the parents really cool peeps as well.

Put some Respeck on them young ladies names from the blues. Back line tuff and fast, Ms.GOALIE back to back PK wins. The cherry on top of the blues sundae..
Thanks for the props. What a group of girls!!! Think I met you a couple weeks ago on our sideline? Will be an exciting weekend with 4 very talented teams

I'm giving credit to coach Carlos for his coaching methods but also giving credit to the girls in Legends for being very talented which is true. I wish the girls the best with their new Academy coach and for the parents really cool peeps as well.

Deadpool, do you have personal experience with Carlos as a coach? Understand there was a group that left after the 1st round of NC because they were unhappy with the team. Maybe they thought the team underachieved all season? My understanding is they played with only 12 players the rest of the tournament. I'm sure their success was part of his coaching style but also the talent he had left on the field.

Deadpool, do you have personal experience with Carlos as a coach? Understand there was a group that left after the 1st round of NC because they were unhappy with the team. Maybe they thought the team underachieved all season? My understanding is they played with only 12 players the rest of the tournament. I'm sure their success was part of his coaching style but also the talent he had left on the field.
From my understanding was that there was a lot of drama between some players and some parents. Unfortunately it happens, this has nothing to do with him from what I heard speaking to some of the parents and clients. If some of the parents believed that they were underachieved, I would have to disagree considering that he put the team together in a short time. They did what a lot vs teams that have been together for a longer period time have not achieved. How many DD would like to be on a team that played CRL? How many would have liked to have played in NC on gotten as far as they did? I'm sure everyone can agree that there is always some sort of drama in a team whether its the coach, player or the parents. It's normal because we are all humans and we all have different mind sets.

From my understanding was that there was a lot of drama between some players and some parents. Unfortunately it happens, this has nothing to do with him from what I heard speaking to some of the parents and clients. If some of the parents believed that they were underachieved, I would have to disagree considering that he put the team together in a short time. They did what a lot vs teams that have been together for a longer period time have not achieved. How many DD would like to be on a team that played CRL? How many would have liked to have played in NC on gotten as far as they did? I'm sure everyone can agree that there is always some sort of drama in a team whether its the coach, player or the parents. It's normal because we are all humans and we all have different mind sets.

You're right reference the drama. I was just wondering if you had personal experience with Carlos as a coach? You seemed to credit him with his team advancing as far as they did (dismissing the talent) and on the other side, giving credit to the Legend girls talent (dismissing the coach). That's all I'm saying. Maybe you're right and he is that good.

Good luck to the Final Four teams!

Lots of good teams came together this year due to the age regrouping. Quality coaching abounds. Hopefully the players (parents) stay the course and don't start jumping ship. DA grass isn't always greener.
A lot of the 2nd team Coaches today will be the Ecnl coaches next season at the 03 age group. I would anticipate most Team's staying together and will choose between ecnl and da based on their DD's skill set and desire to play hs soccer.

Not sure if the game was decided by better coaching & I have respect for both of them. Both teams had a short bench and I'm aware of GS player situation. Legends became a MASH unit leading to this weekend with 3 starters sidelined due to injuries & sickness. Yes both teams played their hearts out and plenty of scoring opportunities. GS converted a beautiful free kick about 30 yards out. Congrats to GS and it sure was a great match.

I'm not surprise that it occurred seeing that Carlos was the better coach and the girls played their hearts out. Carlos is open minded and a National Champion coach...he really developed the team seeing that he had the team less then a year when he put the team together vs Cris having the majority of the team for several years. But what really helped Cris was the fact the girls on the team were already talented and have great attitudes. Good luck to the remaining teams..games going to be epic.

Not sure if the game was decided by better coaching & I have respect for both of them. Both teams had a short bench and I'm aware of GS player situation. Legends became a MASH unit leading to this weekend with 3 starters sidelined due to injuries & sickness. Yes both teams played their hearts out and plenty of scoring opportunities. GS converted a beautiful free kick about 30 yards out. Congrats to GS and it sure was a great match.
Like I said cool parent peeps from the legends team.

Agreed. It's cool to see how much coach Carlos achieved this year in putting the FCGS team together in short period of time vs teams that been together longer. It'll be interesting to see if their successes help him sustain players he'll likely lose to DA clubs.

Lots of good teams came together this year due to the age regrouping. Quality coaching abounds. Hopefully the players (parents) stay the course and don't start jumping ship. DA grass isn't always greener.

Come on now. Without players and parents jumping ship, these boards get quiet. The best part about this time of the year is the reformation of teams across So Cal.

This year will be significant- girls not making DA teams do not appear to be going to second teams at their own club. They seem to be leaving their club and going to the rival clubs second team. Lots of movement but nothing firm until August.
Also lots of discussion and choices at the ECNL level choosing coach over brand. Parents seem to be more thoughtful in approach and process this year. Competition is proving to be good for the girls

Agreed. It's cool to see how much coach Carlos achieved this year in putting the FCGS team together in short period of time vs teams that been together longer. It'll be interesting to see if their successes help him sustain players he'll likely lose to DA clubs.
If he loses players it is what it is...but it only leave room for players and parents that have been seeking a coach develop their DD. Where there is lose there can be a better gain only time will tell what he will get.

Underachieved? as quoted from their Try Out post:
"2016/2017 Results-
Qualified and Played in CRL
2 Surf Cups
1st place in CSL Gold Division
League Cup Champions
Quarter Finalist at National Cup"

Looks like they did a lot in a short amount of time. The players that left after the first week of NC were the players who were not attending practice for weeks leading up to NC because they were trying out for other clubs and DA's, so the coach rightfully didn't start these players and gave them limited playing time. These players (*cough their parents) left for their own selfish egos and disrespect to their teammates. I give the remaining girls huge credit for their loyalty and fight for playing 2 weekends with only 12 players. Huge congrats to the remaining 4 teams and best of luck.

Back