Man City Cup

I'm not sure who was or wasn't playing. Not in tune enough to the soccer scene to know who is who. But Beach had 3-4 outstanding players they built around. Really was impressed with #3, missile for a leg and very good ball/body control to get shots off quickly. Helps that she is strong as well.

Blues goalie is great, plus they had some size up top I don't remember them having who was a problem.

W/ Beach's 05 team in the tourney they didn't have access to the 06's playing up to guest, did Blues guest their 06's playing up on 05?
Only 1 '06 that plays up and she was terrorizing the '05 division this weekend. Blues did have a "guest" or 2, but that doesn't matter, that finals was a battle!

Wasn't the prettiest game I've ever watched but it was a war of sorts. Congrats to Blues for back to back Championships (Legends and Man city). We hope to meet up in another finals soon!

Hung around to watch this game after as we were waiting for our DS game. Yes, the Blues had guests as they always do and yes they still play kickball. When you play kickball the small field size helps, but what happens when the 06's go to bigger fields next year and they will need to play REAL soccer? Not this longball junk they are only known for. You can only get by for so long on that...and slamming into players. Holly & Rennie need to teach those girls what real technical soccer is, not sure they even know, sad.

Hung around to watch this game after as we were waiting for our DS game. Yes, the Blues had guests as they always do and yes they still play kickball. When you play kickball the small field size helps, but what happens when the 06's go to bigger fields next year and they will need to play REAL soccer? Not this longball junk they are only known for. You can only get by for so long on that...and slamming into players. Holly & Rennie need to teach those girls what real technical soccer is, not sure they even know, sad.

I'm not sure what "guests" you're sure of that we always use but don't all clubs have guests play because that's all Iv seen in the last few years. We do have one that plays up but she is on our roster. Everyone else is on the team.

My next observation and question is: yes there WERE long shots but why do you care? and once they get on the bigger field, they won't look as long because most 06 teams are just too big for 9v9. Im also hearing bitterness in your tone. Why? "Long ball junk?" I don't understand that kind of concern.

Not to mention the "slamming" that was taking place on the field, plus the attitudes and talking back to refs, with the dramatic eye rolling was all Beach. One was yellow carded and then proceeded to "slam" again after the card warning. Those girls only showed how to play the player and not the ball to score/win. They don't represent their parents very well.

There are 4 chosen ODP players on the Blues team this year that will play at the end of the year for Cal South. So whatever "long ball junk" is going on, on the field, it must be working.

#doputdownsmakeyouhappy?

Not to mention the "slamming" that was taking place on the field, plus the attitudes and talking back to refs, with the dramatic eye rolling was all Beach. One was yellow carded and then proceeded to "slam" again after the card warning. Those girls only showed how to play the player and not the ball to score/win. They don't represent their parents very well.
You're joking right? The yellow card was given for pulling a girl down as she was falling down. Why was she falling?? because the Blues player being pulled down kicked out the back leg of the Beach player from behind and as she fell backward, she grabbed her jersey and took her down with her. Let's be completely honest here, Beach mearly responded and matched the physical play initiated by Blues. For the record, it's part of the game and I have no issue with it. Despite the referee having zero consistency in the way he called the game, it had no impact on the result.

Take a breath, there will always be haters, but it's up to you to decide whether or not to let them affect you.

#thosearethefacts
#gotthevideotoproveit
#greatgametobothteams
#whocaresaboutclubpassguests

Last edited:
I'm not sure what "guests" you're sure of that we always use but don't all clubs have guests play because that's all Iv seen in the last few years. We do have one that plays up but she is on our roster. Everyone else is on the team.

My next observation and question is: yes there WERE long shots but why do you care? and once they get on the bigger field, they won't look as long because most 06 teams are just too big for 9v9. Im also hearing bitterness in your tone. Why? "Long ball junk?" I don't understand that kind of concern.

There are 4 chosen ODP players on the Blues team this year that will play at the end of the year for Cal South. So whatever "long ball junk" is going on, on the field, it must be working.

#doputdownsmakeyouhappy?
Odp is junk too. Where is the Olympic Development Program? Are previous olympians training the girls? What a joke. Who are the trainers?

You're joking right? The yellow card was given for pulling a girl down as she was falling down. Why was she falling?? because the Blues player being pulled down kicked out the back leg of the Beach player from behind and as she fell backward, she grabbed her jersey and took her down with her. Let's be completely honest here, Beach mearly responded and matched the physical play initiated by Blues. For the record, it's part of the game and I have no issue with it. Despite the referee having zero consistency in the way he called the game, it had no impact on the result.

Take a breath, there will always be haters, but it's up to you to decide whether or not to let them affect you.

#thosearethefacts
#gotthevideotoproveit
#greatgametobothteams
#whocaresaboutclubpassguests
Whoa!!! Did I hit a nerve? You chose this battle by responding. Take your own hashtags advice. There we go with the tone again. Lol you crack me up.

But Yes let's continue to be honest. I was stating the facts because I was right there when the foul happened.... right in front of me. Despite what you might believe, I'm not stating opinions like you. I'm stating my observations. And for someone who was just watching, waiting for another game, and has video to prove it, (that's a good one) doesn't mean there "facts ". I will say that I do agree with physical play but as far most Beach girls play, they went too far. I hear that's their Rep.

AndPLEASE DON'T RESPOND. You'll only be wasting my time. You're too serious for me. Please go cool off.

#gobackandwatchyourhomevideosagain
#letmeguessyoureahater

Only 1 '06 that plays up and she was terrorizing the '05 division this weekend. Blues did have a "guest" or 2, but that doesn't matter, that finals was a battle!

Wasn't the prettiest game I've ever watched but it was a war of sorts. Congrats to Blues for back to back Championships (Legends and Man city). We hope to meet up in another finals soon!
Blues only had 1 guest last weekend at Legends tourney; a 2007 Blues player who was very helpful considering their starting center back was out sick for the semi-finals and finals. I was told they didn't have any guests this last weekend at Man City, but not really sure. Their 2007 team was playing this weekend in Cerritos and I'm pretty sure they only have one 2006 girl rostered on a 2005 team now. I don't mind guests either, especially if they are from the same club. Of course, those guests likely won't be available for tournaments like Surf Cup and National Cup.

Whoa!!! Did I hit a nerve? You chose this battle by responding. Take your own hashtags advice. There we go with the tone again. Lol you crack me up.

But Yes let's continue to be honest. I was stating the facts because I was right there when the foul happened.... right in front of me. Despite what you might believe, I'm not stating opinions like you. I'm stating my observations. And for someone who was just watching, waiting for another game, and has video to prove it, (that's a good one) doesn't mean there "facts ". I will say that I do agree with physical play but as far most Beach girls play, they went too far. I hear that's their Rep.

AndPLEASE DON'T RESPOND. You'll only be wasting my time. You're too serious for me. Please go cool off.

#gobackandwatchyourhomevideosagain
#letmeguessyoureahater
Just joined yesterday...should have done my homework first!

Never mind!

I need someone with real soccer knowledge to help educate me. I watched most of the Blues/Surf semifinal. Surf is a very good team with some excellent athletes and soccer players (speed, skill, effort, etc). They are clearly really, really good, and their coach wants them to play possession-based soccer. They looked good for about the first 10 minutes, but it didn't seem like they were able to stick to their game plan with the pressure Blues put on them. Also, the fields were not small this weekend for 9v9 (so I don't think it was lack of space that was an issue for them) and all games were full 30 minute halves. On the other side, Blues goalie and back line looked very solid. They work together well, cover for each other, are able to take possession away and move the ball around between the back line. I left with some time still left, but it was already 3-0 Blues. I don't remember more than a handful of shots on goal by Surf and maybe only 1-2 of them very dangerous. In my opinion, the Blues created significantly more scoring opportunities and the obviously won the game handily. So my question is: how can a team like Surf, who plays the "right" way and has just as good of athletes as Blues, not be able to create the chances on goal needed to win a game like this? This wasn't one of those one-goal games where the soccer gods just didn't favor the Surf, or a situation where the Blues goalie made a ton of great saves to keep them in the game (she is very good by the way). This also wasn't a situation where the Blues just dropped a ton of players back and cleared the ball every time it came to them. Is this the coach's fault, is this because players this age aren't quite ready to execute possession soccer against this kind of pressure, or is it something else? As I look for my own kids to develop, I am truly interested in understanding the game better. Thanks in advance.

Odp is junk too. Where is the Olympic Development Program? Are previous olympians training the girls? What a joke. Who are the trainers?

ODP means nothing at 10. That being said, being a "top" player at 10 means nothing, especially if they are not even playing 11v11 on a big field. You guys should have a few more years before the craziness starts, so relax and enjoy the journey.

I need someone with real soccer knowledge to help educate me. I watched most of the Blues/Surf semifinal. Surf is a very good team with some excellent athletes and soccer players (speed, skill, effort, etc). They are clearly really, really good, and their coach wants them to play possession-based soccer. They looked good for about the first 10 minutes, but it didn't seem like they were able to stick to their game plan with the pressure Blues put on them. Also, the fields were not small this weekend for 9v9 (so I don't think it was lack of space that was an issue for them) and all games were full 30 minute halves. On the other side, Blues goalie and back line looked very solid. They work together well, cover for each other, are able to take possession away and move the ball around between the back line. I left with some time still left, but it was already 3-0 Blues. I don't remember more than a handful of shots on goal by Surf and maybe only 1-2 of them very dangerous. In my opinion, the Blues created significantly more scoring opportunities and the obviously won the game handily. So my question is: how can a team like Surf, who plays the "right" way and has just as good of athletes as Blues, not be able to create the chances on goal needed to win a game like this? This wasn't one of those one-goal games where the soccer gods just didn't favor the Surf, or a situation where the Blues goalie made a ton of great saves to keep them in the game (she is very good by the way). This also wasn't a situation where the Blues just dropped a ton of players back and cleared the ball every time it came to them. Is this the coach's fault, is this because players this age aren't quite ready to execute possession soccer against this kind of pressure, or is it something else? As I look for my own kids to develop, I am truly interested in understanding the game better. Thanks in advance.

Because the surf girls are still young and it takes awhile for it all to come together. Who cares about wins if they are learning nice soccer.

Nicely put. I will learn as well with you.

Because the surf girls are still young and it takes awhile for it all to come together. Who cares about wins if they are learning nice soccer.
Playing in tournaments with Surf is a great time. The girls know each other, they all put in the fight and physical or not, it's clean competition. The Blues succeeded this time and good for them. And they're will be plenty other games Blues/Surf will play, and you will see the same classy good game competition.

Back