Man City Cup

3 tournaments in the next 2 weeks (Cerritos Memorial, Man City, Legends Classic), and no Anaheim Surf. When do we get our first look at the new squad?

3 tournaments in the next 2 weeks (Cerritos Memorial, Man City, Legends Classic), and no Anaheim Surf. When do we get our first look at the new squad?

According to the brackets, they will be traveling to Rockford Illinois for the Premier SuperCopa in 3 weeks. In case you were wondering, it shows them in the 06 Bracket.

SO FUNNY AS is playing in the

Strikers FC Newport Mesa Tournament

State cup champs! I think everyone wants to see the NEW SQUAD!

Lost Half of their squad!

No 05 player ANYMORE!

Lost BOTH of their ELITE strikers!

What they say every DOG have their Day!

SO FUNNY AS is playing in the

Strikers FC Newport Mesa Tournament

State cup champs! I think everyone wants to see the NEW SQUAD!

Lost Half of their squad!

No 05 player ANYMORE!

Lost BOTH of their ELITE strikers!

What they say every DOG have their Day!

Is your daughter on B team at blues now that you couldn't make any other teams? Just curious?

Can people stop bashing the little girls and parents of Anaheim Surf? The rumors and lies need to stop. Its one thing to talk about the team as a whole or the coaching but to call out individual players and their parents is ridiculous.

Can people stop bashing the little girls and parents of Anaheim Surf? The rumors and lies need to stop. Its one thing to talk about the team as a whole or the coaching but to call out individual players and their parents is ridiculous.
I know you're not talking to me, but I'm genuinely curious to see the new team and how they'll do.

Cheaters!

Hi All, newbie here....just heard of some rule changes for this tournament at this age group....GK's can't punt the ball past mid-field (even by 1 yard....). If it goes past mid-field, indirect kick at mid-field for the opposing team. The opponent can just play it back in to the box and create a chance....seems a bit punitive for over kicking mid-field.

In addition, no shooting on Kick-off's....which seems weird as I have never seen anybody do that. Are the fields that small at Oceanside or the wind that strong?

I get emphasizing the kids to work the ball out and not playing kick-ball and learn how to play possession. That said, sometimes you need to just clear your zone, relieve pressure on the defense, quick counter, or if you are down late put pressure on the opponent and press for the equalizer. You see this all the time at higher levels. Just seems a bit restrictive and an un-necessary rule.... just looking for any thoughts/perspective? Have any played in other tournaments with these rules?

Thx!

Hi All, newbie here....just heard of some rule changes for this tournament at this age group....GK's can't punt the ball past mid-field (even by 1 yard....). If it goes past mid-field, indirect kick at mid-field for the opposing team. The opponent can just play it back in to the box and create a chance....seems a bit punitive for over kicking mid-field.

In addition, no shooting on Kick-off's....which seems weird as I have never seen anybody do that. Are the fields that small at Oceanside or the wind that strong?

I get emphasizing the kids to work the ball out and not playing kick-ball and learn how to play possession. That said, sometimes you need to just clear your zone, relieve pressure on the defense, quick counter, or if you are down late put pressure on the opponent and press for the equalizer. You see this all the time at higher levels. Just seems a bit restrictive and an un-necessary rule.... just looking for any thoughts/perspective? Have any played in other tournaments with these rules?

Thx!
The good news is, it seems they've learned something from last weekends Legends Tournament. The bad news is, this means we will be dealing with less than adiquate field sizes again!

Think many are over 9v9 and the continuous disappointments of having to play on an undersized 9v9 playing surface. Is it to late to go 11v11.:rolleyes:
It's not the 9v9 as much as the fact these tournaments use the smallest possible field dimensions so they can accommodate more games at the same venue. My bet is we will see 50x80 fields for this age group.

It's not the 9v9 as much as the fact these tournaments use the smallest possible field dimensions so they can accommodate more games at the same venue. My bet is we will see 50x80 fields for this age group.
Let me know what the MCC fields looks like and I will do the same for CMCC.:cool:

The good news is, it seems they've learned something from last weekends Legends Tournament. The bad news is, this means we will be dealing with less than adiquate field sizes again!

Last year at Surf Cup in Oceanside, the fields were way to small, so I'm assuming this year for Man City and Surf there will be no change. I support the new rules 100%, as long as EVERY ref enforces it in every game.

Last year at Surf Cup in Oceanside, the fields were way to small, so I'm assuming this year for Man City and Surf there will be no change. I support the new rules 100%, as long as EVERY ref enforces it in every game.[/QUOTE
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the fields looked stronger in the Legends Classic than the Manchester Cup? And also looks stronger in the Cerritos Memorial Cup? Does anyone agree? What's going on?
Good point. Yes, Legends attracted a better collection of teams. As mentioned previously first big tourney post SC and many were ready to see where each squad stood. Though, MCC picked a big weekend which attracts teams from out of state. This is always fun too.

Good point. Yes, Legends attracted a better collection of teams. As mentioned previously first big tourney post SC and many were ready to see where each squad stood. Though, MCC picked a big weekend which attracts teams from out of state. This is always fun too.
And, Nor Cal!

Back