Man City Cup 03

Can anyone point out any obviously dynamic players out of Man City Cup 03. Any players that jump out to you? They are all just kids, college scholarships let alone Pro aspirations are a long way off and a hella lot of hard work away.

Can anyone point out any obviously dynamic players out of Man City Cup 03. Any players that jump out to you? They are all just kids, college scholarships let alone Pro aspirations are a long way off and a hella lot of hard work away.

Did not see the DA games but saw some of the :gold" matches. Vegas Heat had a tall fast keeper who covered his area well and distributed the ball well. He faced to penalties and got his hands to both. That squad had a talented player up top too who was very good at taking players on. Red Star had two players #11 who was fast, strong, technical and saw the field well. He never gave up on a ball. There was a tall blond on that team #15 I think. Found out he was an 04. Strong and technical and fast as well. He played all across the top line. #7 left footer from Vegas SA hit a blazing free kick. 17 from Sharks seemed to treat the other players as if they were a year younger. I did not get to see SDSC or TFA as I was also watching 02s. I will say Red Star played faster than most 02 teams out there and the team from Mex in 02 gold was not very good. From what I saw in the tournament, defense was lacking all around at many ages.

One of dads from PATS-LA also watched Red Star and said both their forwards were outstanding. #68 from Force North was also a very fast and determined forward, he had a couple blasts from out wide that were impressive.

LVSA Red team played best game of Gold group with comeback win over Leon. Very determined, and poised in second half. #7 might have been one of kids that led comeback.

I don't think PATS- LA parents really have a say in anything, especially when it comes to identifying talent.

They're on a Privileged team that believes are on par with USSDA as far as training but can't even beat a simple CSL Silver team.
You keep referring to a Silver team. Looking at Legends Cup, which you are referring to...thats Pats LA SCV team. Their flight 2 team from last year.

Did not see the DA games but saw some of the :gold" matches. Vegas Heat had a tall fast keeper who covered his area well and distributed the ball well. He faced to penalties and got his hands to both. That squad had a talented player up top too who was very good at taking players on. Red Star had two players #11 who was fast, strong, technical and saw the field well. He never gave up on a ball. There was a tall blond on that team #15 I think. Found out he was an 04. Strong and technical and fast as well. He played all across the top line. #7 left footer from Vegas SA hit a blazing free kick. 17 from Sharks seemed to treat the other players as if they were a year younger. I did not get to see SDSC or TFA as I was also watching 02s. I will say Red Star played faster than most 02 teams out there and the team from Mex in 02 gold was not very good. From what I saw in the tournament, defense was lacking all around at many ages.

I will also say the Vegas Heat team played possession more than others. Played through the middle third not over it. Looked like a Force and LAUFA - Reserves did as well.

I just saw this on club Tijuana xoloitzcuintles de caliente web page,

Latest News

XOLOS ACADEMY FC NOW IN RIALTO, CALIF.
Club Tijuana is now in Rialto, Calif. Our developmental youth program now has a chapter in San Bernardino County. For more information contact:

Luis Figueroa: 1-909-877-0908
Marcos Molina 1-232-370-3508

Full- Funded is not the only step but a necessary one to reach it's objective. Identifying players, nourishing talent, club philosophy, and many other factors come into play.
I understand your point. That NYT article on the Ajax academy and the $25 million they received for Wesley Sneider is famous and I have read it several times over the years. You've been beating this dead horse for a long time. Everyone gets your point

You missed the sarcasm in my post when I referenced the "stream of pro players produced by the fully funded academies."

The reality is that full funding is not the missing piece of the puzzle to develop quality pro players, something you seem to acknowledge when you say "many other factors come into play." Several MLS academies have been fully funded for a while and they have produced almost exclusively Galaxy 2 level pro talent.

That's why I don't really understand you getting on your knees and worshipping the fully funded academies.

Right. As evidenced by the stream of pro players produced by the fully funded academies.
The focus of pseudo-academies, funded or not, is on winning games. Individual player development lies far below winning games on their priority lists.

What you see with club soccer here is a product (not the big problem) of our lack of a soccer culture. We nurtured it, either through our ignorance or lack of giving a damn anyway. It's what I'm assuming most parents want from soccer.
I had a friend who played club basketball in Germany. He was horrible. But then the entirety of his basketball experience was with that club. On his own he played soccer for hours a day. All his heroes were soccer players.
So this is pretend development, with some of the trappings you'd find at a real academy (of which there are many in Europe, just none around here). But they can't sell your boy (what real academies do) and worse, you aren't really willing to have your son go through what it takes to develop as a soccer player.

Reactions: JJP
Sorry I thought it was self-evident. Where do you want to start?
How about giving up college.
I pretty much assumed you would have to give up every activity plus any schooling beyond high school equivalent diploma.

I guess laufa is developing kids...
When you punt the ball out every time that's considering developing...
You are talking now but what happen when you lost with Galaxy and golden state..
I didn't hear from u lafafafa.
But anyways congratulations to golden State....

Bro that's nonsense Galaxy is a boot ball based team their whole point of attack comes from long balls through the channels. I've seen LAUFA play, 7/8 of the time they play it out of the back.

At this age no team really plays procession all game, some pass it around better or out the back more. GS, LAUFA, Galaxy normally have more procession, passing combos vs most teams they play. When they play each other seems to be more direct. 4-5-1 formation from GS, sweeper back from Galaxy, LAUFA seems to stick with the 4-3-3.

Galaxy didn't have a good showing at Man cup at all, U15/16 knocked out in first round of DA group stage playoffs, U17/18 eeked out the last spot in knockout rounds. Pattern for them is they fade later in the season, teams catch up and fiqure things out but they normally do start great, recuit some players at the break, rinse & repeat for the next season.

At this age no team really plays procession all game, some pass it around better or out the back more. GS, LAUFA, Galaxy normally have more procession, passing combos vs most teams they play. When they play each other seems to be more direct. 4-5-1 formation from GS, sweeper back from Galaxy, LAUFA seems to stick with the 4-3-3.

Galaxy didn't have a good showing at Man cup at all, U15/16 knocked out in first round of DA group stage playoffs, U17/18 eeked out the last spot in knockout rounds. Pattern for them is they fade later in the season, teams catch up and fiqure things out but they normally do start great, recuit some players at the break, rinse & repeat for the next season.

Perfect example, the 03's have recruited 3 players from Real So Cal, 1 from Santa Barbara and 1 from LAUFA and maybe 1 From Slammers all very talented players.

Privileged boys work really hard?? Dismiss me with that nonsense.

Having these privileged make a full funded team. Now that's HARD work!

ARE YOU SMART ENOUGH TO ACT DUMB ENOUGH TO GET AHEAD?
AND "Mr SHIT HOUSE" SIMONMAGUS. DID YOU KNOW YOU LIVING THE DREAM OF A MAD MAN. YOU IS A PIECE OF WASTE GARBAGE DISPOSAL.
YOU PROMOTE HATE. YOU SCREAM HATE. LET YOU FEEL HATE.

Back