Man City Cup 03

SIMONMAGUS

SILVER
Golden State USSDA

Galaxy USSDA

LAUFA USSDA

Tijuana Xolos Mex

Seems worthwhile to me.

Privileged? You know parents work hard to support their children. How do you propose we flip the system? Fully funded would actually limit the amount of kids playing the sport as there would be less clubs or organizations who could actually be fully funded. Is this what you are promoting..

Privileged teams? A lot of them boys work really hard to get there. And even harder to stay in such a competitive level.

I don't think the word is privledged. All kids work hard at all levels. What is the purpose of a preseason/end of season tourney for DA teams. I thought DA teams/players graduated from the BS. In my opinion is just a way to keep up the hype for the lower level DA teams. I'd like to see free substitution at this tourney and pick up the intensity and increase playing time for the lower level kids in the DA teams. If they are cut for playing time then why continue.

I don't think the word is privledged. All kids work hard at all levels. What is the purpose of a preseason/end of season tourney for DA teams. I thought DA teams/players graduated from the BS. In my opinion is just a way to keep up the hype for the lower level DA teams. I'd like to see free substitution at this tourney and pick up the intensity and increase playing time for the lower level kids in the DA teams. If they are cut for playing time then why continue.

I think he used "privileged" meaning the boys are on a DA team that is still pay to play thus they cannot truly take the "best" as they are limiting much of their talent pool to those who can pay. I agree with the above comment that the pay to play model has allowed more players to play club soccer but Id argue that the DA label is a facade in those cases. There are several other pay to play teams outside of "DA" with better players, better teams and often better coaches.

Those teams should be placed back in the pay to play leagues. DA should be for fully funded academies only

I thought DA teams/players graduated from the BS.
How long did you hang on to this fantasy? Took me three games.
Galaxy is one of the top purveyors of this bullshit. Do any dads there still feel like their boys are on a real academy?

So you are saying a kid can only play at the highest level of youth soccer if they are lucky enough to live in a city with an MLS team or can find a benefactor who wants to use youth soccer as a giant tax write off?

Not at all. There are several teams playing at a higher level than the DA teams at the bottom 2/3rds of table. Those families are being duped that they are playing at the highest level. Those clubs are members of the good old boys that are in the business of selling their product against what is best for the top players. They all have the $$$ to be fully funded but choose not to be. So they sacrifice the chance to get some of the top players in the area to line their pocketbooks. It's a false belief that they are the best teams/ players when only the ones that can pay can play. That's why the top 3 win more. They are truly taking the top players that they deem are the best

Not at all. There are several teams playing at a higher level than the DA teams at the bottom 2/3rds of table. Those families are being duped that they are playing at the highest level. Those clubs are members of the good old boys that are in the business of selling their product against what is best for the top players. They all have the $$$ to be fully funded but choose not to be. So they sacrifice the chance to get some of the top players in the area to line their pocketbooks. It's a false belief that they are the best teams/ players when only the ones that can pay can play. That's why the top 3 win more. They are truly taking the top players that they deem are the best
This is ridiculous. I can't afford to pay to play. My boys are playing academy without having to pay anything. Did you have a bad experience with an academy team?

Not at all. There are several teams playing at a higher level than the DA teams at the bottom 2/3rds of table.

I am trolling the 03s and don't really know this age group. I do know the 05s very well and know that outside the DA, there are few team worth playing. No Celtic, Pumas, Rebels, Chula Vista. They are all fine, but when you could be playing against LAG, LAFC (If they get all the TFA players), Strikers, Arsenal, Surf, there is no better place to play than the DA. Week in and week out the competition is very good.

Those clubs are members of the good old boys that are in the business of selling their product against what is best for the top players. They all have the $$$ to be fully funded but choose not to be.

They could make their DA free. But doing that means I no longer pay, and someone whose child is on the B or C or D team is paying for me. That is lame. Why should those parents pay more while I pay nothing. Just because my kid is better than theirs? To make it free, someone has to be paying. For most clubs that is the other parents. Some clubs have a rich guy who wants to see the less fortunate be able to have the advantages of the fortunate.

Not at all. There are several teams playing at a higher level than the DA teams at the bottom 2/3rds of table.
Wait a minute let's not get stupid. Those several teams you're referring to are not playing at a higher level than the bottom of the 03 academy "table" we dads have made up.
Except for maybe TFA they're winning games at the expense of development.

I am trolling the 03s and don't really know this age group. I do know the 05s very well and know that outside the DA, there are few team worth playing. No Celtic, Pumas, Rebels, Chula Vista. They are all fine, but when you could be playing against LAG, LAFC (If they get all the TFA players), Strikers, Arsenal, Surf, there is no better place to play than the DA. Week in and week out the competition is very good.

They could make their DA free. But doing that means I no longer pay, and someone whose child is on the B or C or D team is paying for me. That is lame. Why should those parents pay more while I pay nothing. Just because my kid is better than theirs? To make it free, someone has to be paying. For most clubs that is the other parents. Some clubs have a rich guy who wants to see the less fortunate be able to have the advantages of the fortunate.

Id argue that the DA teams need to be fully funded so that the coaches need to only be worrying about getting the best player for their system of play and look to develop those players. I know for a fact that there are MANY players that would be playing in the DA circuit if money was not a huge worry for their families. You are severely limiting the talent pool by making it a economic decision over a talent decision and that is what almost all of the DA teams are doing. They have used the same model they used to compete in the past. Scholarship 3/4 players and surround them with players that can pay the difference so the club and coaches can get paid more.

The current DA clubs are still the same good old boys that keep changing the system to meet their economic advantages. Why did they form the NPL? Because their second tier teams got slaughtered in SCDSL and they didnt want to lose their revenue as families bailed. Lets create a new league that will give the illusion that each game is a battle between the "2nd best" soccer clubs in the area and hide them from National Cups etc to maintain that image.

These teams were often slaughtered by teams that were way better at possession, ran a system and were more creative on the ball- BUT those families didnt pay the crazy fees that the DA clubs pay. Time for a new league.

Back