Man City Cup 03

Anyone going to the Man City Cup Academy Games today? Give us a rundown of what you saw.

transparent.gif

Boys U14 Academy

Game Time Home Team
Away Team

Bracket A
ical.png
4:00 PM
CLUB TIJUANA XOLOITZCUINTLES DE CALIENTE (MEX)
CROSSFIRE PREMIER 03 ACADEMY (WA)
OC #18
ical.png
LA GALAXY USSDA B2003 (CAS)
ARSENAL FC NORTH USSDA B2003 (CAS)
OC #27
Bracket B
ical.png
SAN DIEGO SURF 03 USSDA (CAS)
SJ EARTHQUAKES 03 DA (CAN)
OC #21
ical.png
LA UNITED FUTBOL ACADEMY B03 USSDA (CAS)
FC GOLDEN STATE DA 03 (CAS)
OC #19

LA GALAXY ACADEMY 4

ARSENAL FC ACADEMY 0
-----------------------------

CLUB TIJUANA XOLOITZCUINTLES DE CALIENTE MEX 1

CROSSFIRE PREMIER 03 ACADEMY 2
-----------------------------------

SAN DIEGO SURF ACADEMY 1

SJ EARTHQUAKES ACADEMY 3
--------------------------------
LA UNITED FUTBOL ACADEMY 0

FC GOLDEN STATE ACADEMY 1
-------------------------------------------------

@ManCity Cup Update: Watch 2002 SuperGroup match @LAGalaxyAcademy take on @ManCity Academy 2 PM (PST) today on @UnivisionSports.

@ManCity Cup Update: Watch 2002 SuperGroup match @LAGalaxyAcademy take on @ManCity Academy 2 PM (PST) today on @UnivisionSports.

3-0 Man City over LAG 2nd half. LAG doesn't have there normal 02 forwards but even if they did hard not to notice the quality differences.

Nice spirted come back by LAG 2-3 Man City later. Slide tackles and fouls a plenty. LAG PK blocked, 1 min or so. Red card LAG, 2 yellows #14

XOLOITZCUINTLES 1 LA GALAXY ACADEMY 0

FC GOLDEN STATE ACADEMY 5 SJ EARTHQUAKES 0

CROSSFIRE PREMIER 03 and GSA are tops in there brackets with one game to play

Come on guys, we live in one of the toughest areas of the country for kids to play soccer. Fully funded, priviledged, partially funded, who cares as long as your kids can get to college with a scholarship or get to go and play professional soccer. There are bad academies and there are good academies just like there's bad professional teams and good ones. I hate the word "Priviledged teams". What does that mean!! These kids are driven to exhaustion practicing every week of the year. At least give these kids the respect that they deserve. They worked hard they are better than most and they are making the commitment to keep up with the standards of making an academy team. There are thousands of other kids that cannot even keep up with the basic demands because they are not good enough or dont have the speed, skills, or passion needed to stay at this level. To really make an impact, we need to go to CalSouth, MLS, or USA Soccer to identify a process where an amazing talented kid from the low income areas can obtain funding that will allow him/her to get to a flight 1 team and then academy level. Kind of like applying for college and obtaining student loans or grants.

Id argue that the DA teams need to be fully funded so that the coaches need to only be worrying about getting the best player for their system of play and look to develop those players. I know for a fact that there are MANY players that would be playing in the DA circuit if money was not a huge worry for their families. You are severely limiting the talent pool by making it a economic decision over a talent decision and that is what almost all of the DA teams are doing. They have used the same model they used to compete in the past. Scholarship 3/4 players and surround them with players that can pay the difference so the club and coaches can get paid more.

The current DA clubs are still the same good old boys that keep changing the system to meet their economic advantages. Why did they form the NPL? Because their second tier teams got slaughtered in SCDSL and they didnt want to lose their revenue as families bailed. Lets create a new league that will give the illusion that each game is a battle between the "2nd best" soccer clubs in the area and hide them from National Cups etc to maintain that image.

These teams were often slaughtered by teams that were way better at possession, ran a system and were more creative on the ball- BUT those families didnt pay the crazy fees that the DA clubs pay. Time for a new league.
What other sport fully funds their youth athletes in this country?? "0" Why should soccer be any different?? Parents, get a second job or a third job if you believe your child is talented and has the desire! That is what many families have done for the children in many sports!

Congrats to Golden state...
Great jobs boys well deserved..
Galaxy boys good run played very good...
Missing 3 players..
Proud of my boy Kevin played a good tournament

let the galaxy excuses begin

At least the finally had the guts to play some 04's up something all the others have been doing all season. If they played to develop more during the season perhaps there 02's would have not been in the 9th place game, the 04s in 7th, and 03's in 3rd?

I guess laufa is developing kids...
When you punt the ball out every time that's considering developing...
You are talking now but what happen when you lost with Galaxy and golden state..
I didn't hear from u lafafafa.
But anyways congratulations to golden State....

I guess laufa is developing kids...
When you punt the ball out every time that's considering developing...
You are talking now but what happen when you lost with Galaxy and golden state..
I didn't hear from u lafafafa.
But anyways congratulations to golden State....

I know you don't mean that, just pissed at lafafafa.

Back