Girls Development Academy

I have been told that the best players of the clubs have to be on the DA team per US Soccer. Is that a US Soccer requirement or optional club to club. They just like to win and he can't win if he can't sub 5-6 players at one time 3-4 times a game.

I have been told that the best players of the clubs have to be on the DA team per US Soccer. Is that a US Soccer requirement or optional club to club. They just like to win and he can't win if he can't sub 5-6 players at one time 3-4 times a game.

Where is this mandate that you heard about? Also, do you think DA teams will not want to win? And I have a younger at Blues and have watched Baker kids play. If they wanted to put together a DA 01/02 team, it would be amazing. From what I hear, there are other strong clubs doing the same for their olders. 02 and older are already being recruited, they don't want to shake things up and do NOT want to wonder into the unknown. It's dumb for USSF to implement something across the board for olders. If they wanted to kill ECNL, they should have went age pure and allowed HS play. Until then.....meh!

thoughts on DA for the 02's wanting to stay with their current ecnl team?....which clubs will be strong at the 02/01 DA........and which clubs will be strong at 02 and 01 ECNL ......does anyone know any inside info on specific clubs or teams in the shake up??? which clubs hold the strongest position in each platform.......

sorry El Soccer Loco.........i know its probably an old topic, but I have not set aside the time to come here everyday and keep up on all 99 pages of conversation........to busy training my kids, but maybe you have an intelligent reply or possibly some insight?

thoughts on DA for the 02's wanting to stay with their current ecnl team?....which clubs will be strong at the 02/01 DA........and which clubs will be strong at 02 and 01 ECNL ......does anyone know any inside info on specific clubs or teams in the shake up??? which clubs hold the strongest position in each platform.......

I think this is a question the DOC's of these clubs want to know too. Meaning it is going to be interesting on who (players) choose what league.

The crap show starts next week.

I would love to see them try to tell me which team my kid is going to play on. If I am writing checks I am deciding where those checks are going.
Sometimes parents just do what they are told so not to make any waves in fear of retribution, I experienced it on my sons HS baseball team. $1200 a year for a public school to play baseball, the treasurer told me that only 1 of the starting players were paying. If your kid is a stud it is easier to play hardball with the coach, but for those on the bubble not quite that easy.

baker 02 can win with no subs ever I believe.... hell they can win playing 8v11.
why would you say that? When have you ever seen them play without subs? They sub 5-6 players at a time every 15 minutes or so. Have watched them play many times over the years and have never seen them play without tons of subs so I don't know if they could win without that.

Where is this mandate that you heard about? Also, do you think DA teams will not want to win? And I have a younger at Blues and have watched Baker kids play. If they wanted to put together a DA 01/02 team, it would be amazing. From what I hear, there are other strong clubs doing the same for their olders. 02 and older are already being recruited, they don't want to shake things up and do NOT want to wonder into the unknown. It's dumb for USSF to implement something across the board for olders. If they wanted to kill ECNL, they should have went age pure and allowed HS play. Until then.....meh!
Bingo, and I heard the Pepperdine coaches were at the Blues-Baker practice this evening evaluating players. Girls DA doesn't effect the Uolder players who are being recruited.

Bingo, and I heard the Pepperdine coaches were at the Blues-Baker practice this evening evaluating players. Girls DA doesn't effect the Uolder players who are being recruited.
I would agree with you that it doesn't "effect Uolders who are being recruited." If you were good enough to catch U of XYZ on yesterdays ECNL team, no worries on tomorrow's GDA team. However, it does effect a players ability to continue to prep for the (D1 Power 5 and high-midmajors) college level in that the level of talent and competition around your player remains at the highest level possible. A parent can put their Unicorn on the "easiest" team in the "easiest" conference or they can keep challenging them on a team that plays with and against good to great competition.

I would agree with you that it doesn't "effect Uolders who are being recruited." If you were good enough to catch U of XYZ on yesterdays ECNL team, no worries on tomorrow's GDA team. However, it does effect a players ability to continue to prep for the (D1 Power 5 and high-midmajors) college level in that the level of talent and competition around your player remains at the highest level possible. A parent can put their Unicorn on the "easiest" team in the "easiest" conference or they can keep challenging them on a team that plays with and against good to great competition.
Seriously? You actually think those players will be taking a step backwards by not playing Girls DA? Laughable at best!

I'm sure the Baker players get more than enough competition among each other in their own practices. Why do you think the Pepperdine coaches were their evaluating players? I highly doubt they were saying to each other, but they aren't playing Girls DA. #enoughsaid

BTW, put down the Girls DA kool-aid. You have had enough to drink already. #lmao

Back