Girls Development Academy

Seriously? You actually think those players will be taking a step backwards by not playing Girls DA? Laughable at best!

I'm sure the Baker players get more than enough competition among each other in their own practices. Why do you thnk the Pepperdine coaches were their evaluating players? #enoughsaid
I really do see your point. Great teams just simply attract but how does a recruiter know that a kid is great? How many times s/he juggles? How hard / accurate s/he shoots the ball in practice? My point is you must MUST challenge your player against better players (not just playing up against bigger meatheads on the same club) to continually get them to improve all areas of their game...psychological, tactical, in game technical, etc.

I really do see your point. Great teams just simply attract but how does a recruiter know that a kid is great? How many times s/he juggles? How hard / accurate s/he shoots the ball in practice? My point is you must MUST challenge your player against better players (not just playing up against bigger meatheads on the same club) to continually get them to improve all areas of their game...psychological, tactical, in game technical, etc.
Meatheads at the same club? It's SoCal Blues who have a litany of top players on every age group committed to Pac12 and top mid-major schools.

You must be a ulittle parent.

BTW, put down the Girls DA kool-aid. You have had enough to drink already. #lmao
I see the value in the idea just like I embraced ECNL years ago while the naysayers ranted. Whether DA proves in the end to have the same value that ECNL has brought to the girls soccer landscape is yet to be seen. I'm not shy about my DA intrigue.

I see the value in the idea just like I embraced ECNL years ago while the naysayers ranted. Whether DA proves in the end to have the same value that ECNL has brought to the girls soccer landscape is yet to be seen. I'm not shy about my DA intrigue.

That was obvious!

Meatheads at the same club? It's SoCal Blues who have a litany of top players on every age group committed to Pac12 and top mid-major schools.

Blues is an elite club. They have "no meatheads." Str#$@%$ is not an elite club. They have "meatheads." My point was if everything was equal, you want your player on Blues because "all things Blues" will bring the challenge for growth against other elite level competition like "all things Slammers, Surf, Michigan Hawks, Top hat, PDA, etc.

All things = coaches, tech trainers that understand the game and have a vested interest in bettering the "best of the best".

Blues is an elite club. They have "no meatheads." Str#$@%$ is not an elite club. They have "meatheads." My point was if everything was equal, you want your player on Blues because "all things Blues" will bring the challenge for growth against other elite level competition like "all things Slammers, Surf, Michigan Hawks, Top hat, PDA, etc.

All things = coaches, tech trainers that understand the game and have a vested interest in bettering the "best of the best".
Um, the discussion was Blues-Baker and you posted can't play older meatheads at the club. Meaning Blues older teams. You had no reference to Strikers!

Have you bothered to look up the Blues-Baker teams ECNL record in the U16 and U15 age group? They are both undefeated! As I posted, they will be fine not playing Girls DA. If you know the history of the Bakers you will know their Breakaway team didn't play CSL Premier or National League for a year (before ECNL took off). They did some sort of college campus tour throughout the state instead. The team came back the following year and still performed at a high level, beating top clubs you mentioned.

Um, the discussion was Blues-Baker and you posted can't play older meatheads at the club. Meaning Blues older teams. You had no reference to Strikers!

Have you bothered to look up the Blues-Baker teams ECNL record in the U16 and U15 age group? They are both undefeated! As I posted, they will be fine not playing Girls DA. If you know the history of the Bakers you will know their Breakaway team didn't play CSL Premier or National League for a year (before ECNL took off). They did some sort of college campus tour throughout the state instead. The team came back the following year and still performed at a high level, beating top clubs you mentioned.
I think there is some confusion which I will take responsibility for. We are saying pretty much the same thing. Your BluesBaker example is in harmony with the point I was trying to make...they played (or at least attempted to play) better competition via college tour then ECNL. That's my point as well. I can't imagine Rodman accepting anything less.

why would you say that? When have you ever seen them play without subs? They sub 5-6 players at a time every 15 minutes or so. Have watched them play many times over the years and have never seen them play without tons of subs so I don't know if they could win without that.

The U13 national championship game was streamed last year and the bench looked very light to me. That would have been the '02 group. This was also during surf cup. If I'm not mistaken, they won that too, with torn teams and age group changes. I'd have to look though. Anyway, the top ECNL teams I have seen, all have a large bench and even bigger roster. It's nothing new.

@NoGoal serious question, are BluBkr u15 and u16 forgoing DA?

Thats inaccurate info. Exactly how would that be enforced?

The application/contract signed by each club's DOC when the applied to DA specifically required they place their best players in the club onto the DA teams. It was (and still is) online, so you can look it up. It spoke volumes about how US Soccer viewed the role of the parent/player in the actual decision making process of controlling their own development. Arrogant is a word that comes to mind.

What is not surprising is that clubs who were awarded DA did not make this clear to their members/players at that time nor during tryouts. Likely clubs also asked themselves how that provision would be enforced, decided it would be difficult, at best, for US Soccer to do so, so they ignored it. Good for them.

As for Baker Blues and other '02 and up ECNL teams, my bet is that ECNL continues to be a stronger league than DA for these age groups, by a wide margin, even in Socal.

Yeah, why are TEENAGE GIRLS even being referred to as meatheads? (Not talking about every single player in the world in this example, but) This isn't high school American football where there players get in by being giants and some are, not to be rude, but just simply "meatheads" that are literally just weight and that's about it. Even the least fit and the least knowledgeable player in a club shouldn't be referred to as a meathead.

Thank you for being reasonable. It's so odd to me that everyone ranting about the DA or "who has concerns" doesn't have a kid in the DA.
It's bizarre

Thank you for being reasonable. It's so odd to me that everyone ranting about the DA or "who has concerns" doesn't have a kid in the DA.
It's bizarre

I hear you and I don't have a kid in the DA. However, if you have been around as long as I have you start to notice patterns and you realize there is a big cycle that you only recognize if you have the benefit of time and perspective. I think that you are doing what you think is best for your player. That is what you are supposed to do and I applaud you for that. My advice to you would be continue to keep your eyes open and don't believe everything you are told by someone that has a financial incentive to tell you something.

You know how much I respect you. In my line of business we recognize patterns as well- in only six years of this I have seen patterns which is why I can so unemotionally watch and react to this club soccer silliness. To me the results and end game are clear. I also see very clear patterns occurring right now that I am shocked other people can not recognize as a seismic shift. That to me is the BAFFLING concern.
I think what needs to be stated here is the concept of credibility. You have a daughter at the upper echelon and so you have credibility . Your experience and view is valuable. A lot of people making commentary do not and to the gentle reader that needs to be exposed for what it is- garbage.

Re certain coaches:
Certain coaches don't have an A license and can't do a DA
Certain coaches let their A License lapse so other certain baby coaches are "helping out"
I hope that helps @GoWest
Things really aren't complicated. Everything is spin and so it's important to dig deeper as to why certain decisions are being made

The U13 national championship game was streamed last year and the bench looked very light to me. That would have been the '02 group. This was also during surf cup. If I'm not mistaken, they won that too, with torn teams and age group changes. I'd have to look though. Anyway, the top ECNL teams I have seen, all have a large bench and even bigger roster. It's nothing new.

This is accurate. Teams were split and they came back that Sunday to play.
It was impressive

Back