Girls Development Academy

So ECNL has confirmed U13 teams for this fall. The DA should be following soon, right?

Here is the letter to ECNL clubs:

2017-18 ECNL Member Clubs,

Please read the below correspondence in regards to the ECNL U13 Division being introduced in the 2017-18 ECNL Season.

The ECNL U13 Division will be created as a formal ECNL competition age group beginning in the 2017-18 season. While the age group will be formally supported by the league (see below), participation will be optional due to the different travel demands across the country. Additionally, based on the age of the players and the philosophy of the league, there will be no national champion or championship event.

The ECNL U13 Division will provide an option for member clubs to introduce their U13 players to the ECNL structure and competition, while focusing on development and learning.

ECNL U13 Division Basics:

Participation in the ECNL U13 Division is optional. All clubs must submit a survey response to the league (see below) indicating their desire to participate. Based upon these responses, the league will create conference schedules. Once committing to participate, the commitment is binding and will be enforced as at other ECNL age groups.
Participating teams in the ECNL U13 Division must complete the ECNL U13 Division season in its entirety as laid out and approved by the league.
The ECNL U13 Division Team must be the “first team” of the club in the U13 age group.
The specific competition format for the ECNL U13 Division will be determined by the league. It may mirror the format of the U14 schedule, or be structured differently, based on participating clubs.
ECNL U13 Division players must be carded under the ECNL and will be subject to ECNL roster rules. Players can play for both the ECNL U13 Team and any other ECNL Team, provided all ECNL Rules and Regulations are followed.
ECNL U13 Division players may participate in any ECNL National Event for which they are age eligible.
There will be no standings or post-season competition for ECNL U13 Division teams.

ECNL Support:
The ECNL will support the ECNL U13 Division in the following ways:
ECNL will have a U13 Division schedule on the ECNL website
ECNL will host at least one optional (1) ECNL U13 Division Showcase during the season

Jen Winnagle
Commissioner
Elite Clubs National League

I am shocked they didn't go to 06 too.
This will be the new norm to replace the revenue they are losing.
Just like 06 Odp.
Of course it works well for everyone because parents believe their DD is super special because she plays on an ECNL team now:) well played ECNL well played !

Makes sense. Most other regions, besides Atlantic and Northeast have a lot of distance between member clubs. I don't know the Landscape of the ECNL layout for all the regions, but it looks like Dallas has determined it still represents a better fit for them. Good choice.
I agree, if a club either isn't ready "philosophically" or from an operations perspective or parents stage a coup or .....you name it, then staying in whatever league a club is in (ECNL, NPL, Johnnie's Soccer Freaks, etc) is a sure bet to buy time for more discussion. I paste here my thoughts from another thread where the Sting article was brought up....I think Solar, Lonestar, FC Dallas and (newbie) Houston will carry the DA in Texas. Sting is a very good club (not the best but close) and I appreciate their perspective for the 2017-2018 season per their press release. Seems they know their players / parents well. I think the "DA rules" (do we have those yet other than the link to the boys DA rules?) were too restrictive to their liking......and I agree. Rarely is anything "perfect" right out of the gate (Seattle Slew circa 1977 aside) but give them a year to figure their internal issues out and Sting will be a dual membership club. I also wonder if they have the #'s to carry both?

Don't forget high school soccer. It's vital to development as well.
Help me answer this question: Can you invite coaches from other ECNL teams to come watch your DD play in her ECNL game prior to May 1st?

Recruiting; No-Tampering. ECNL Member Clubs may recruit players for participation on ECNL Teams at any time during the year (subject to these Regulations). Notwithstanding the foregoing, ECNL Member Clubs may not train, invite a player to train, invite a player to tryout or try out a player from an ECNL Team of another ECNL Member Club prior to May 1 of the ECNL Season, unless the player has been released by their current ECNL Member Club. The months of May and June will therefore be “open” months for players to train and tryout with a variety of ECNL Member Clubs if desired. Note: ECNL coaches and administrators may be subject to the rules of other U.S. Soccer organization members regarding recruitment and tryouts, if they compete in other competitions or leagues outside of the ECNL.

Help me answer this question: Can you invite coaches from other ECNL teams to come watch your DD play in her ECNL game prior to May 1st?

Not sure, but the Blues '03-'01 coaching staff watched the Arsenal vs. Strikers ECNL games this fall in Norco. Hard to miss them on the sidelines.

Maybe they were acting in their capacity as a DA club.

Any ideas if/when Blues, LAFC Slammers, Surf and West Coast are "holding GDA tryouts?" Actually, I hear they have populated much of their initial rosters with their talented soon-to-be-former top ECNL teams but I also understand they are adding selectively. Anyone heard anything?

Any ideas if/when Blues, LAFC Slammers, Surf and West Coast are "holding GDA tryouts?" Actually, I hear they have populated much of their initial rosters with their talented soon-to-be-former top ECNL teams but I also understand they are adding selectively. Anyone heard anything?

I'll bet one dollar that the DA I teams for these four clubs are already set. Not sure about WCFC, but the reputation alone of the other three allows those coaches to just recruit the players they want. No need for an open tryout for those three.

I am curious if GDA clubs are obligated to provide open tryouts when they form teams?

I'll bet one dollar that the DA I teams for these four clubs are already set. Not sure about WCFC, but the reputation alone of the other three allows those coaches to just recruit the players they want. No need for an open tryout for those three.

I am curious if GDA clubs are obligated to provide open tryouts when they form teams?

Obligated? I think it works the other way around - are players who get a call from DA recruiters obligated to attend the tryout?

No team is obligated to hold an open tryout.

Looks like WCFC has their joint ECNL and DA tryout announced now. Questions are what teams need players? Certainly smart to advertise them together and cast a wider net but are they giving their current ECNL players the choice of high school or no high school soccer? Are their ECNL teams staying intact and the have a DA squad to field? The collection of the clubs in south Orange County have some interesting dynamics to work through!

This entire season will be one big experiment. Coaches are going to realize they made mistakes as well as players and families. Let's get this started so the girls can play.

Looks like WCFC has their joint ECNL and DA tryout announced now. Questions are what teams need players? Certainly smart to advertise them together and cast a wider net but are they giving their current ECNL players the choice of high school or no high school soccer? Are their ECNL teams staying intact and the have a DA squad to field? The collection of the clubs in south Orange County have some interesting dynamics to work through!
Ok, that said can anyone explain the ECNL 2 team they are promoting?

Where are WC's 04's in all this? Are they by passing that age group for DA?

DA tryouts were actually ECNL tryouts which were in dec. teams formed for ECNL at that time because 04 DA wasn't announced. Offers were made before Christmas and then DA announced.
I know majority of team was done in Jan but a few snuck in late

Back