Girls Development Academy

I was told USSDA directed Clubs away from holding DA specific try-outs.

Correct there is actual verbiage:

Anyone interested in playing for a Girls' Academy club will need to contact the club directly for specific information regarding the player selection process. The Girls' Development Academy firmly believes that the traditional open tryout is a highly flawed and ineffective model for player identification and evaluation. The expectation is that Academy clubs move to using a more systematic scouting model to identify and recruit new talents and invite these players to trial for an extended period with the current player pool. Clubs may not charge a registration fee for tryouts, which includes fees for equipment, apparel or etc.

Once clubs are announced, you will find club contact information on the Academy website at www.ussoccerda.com.

Well now that they have something called an ECNL 2 team I am sure people will flock to them lol .
Hey why isn't anyone freaking out over that fake team name? Report them to the ECNL Commish!

What happened to EGSL? I thought this was the 2nd team to ECNL. Is there a change a brewin? Maybe, since they have DA and ECNL, they don't want the EGSL thought of as 3rd team. Even though it is, but put a 2 next to it and it changes everything.

Egsl was always a fake league ran by the same people who ran SCDSL.
Still is now it's just even worse- it was a way to play spring when they were ULITTLE. Now it's just a bad bad scene for Spring

Still is now it's just even worse- it was a way to play spring when they were ULITTLE. Now it's just a bad bad scene for Spring

I like you and the fact that you are all about your player. The difference between EGSL and DA2 is that EGSL was cleared by the sanctioning league. DA2 is not.

I like you and the fact that you are all about your player. The difference between EGSL and DA2 is that EGSL was cleared by the sanctioning league. DA2 is not.

Truth and solid point. But let's be clear here - Hey are all in bed together. Not hard to make a fake league up when you are SCDSL

What EGSL does (did?) for club marketing was 2 things - first gave the affiliate clubs of Surf, Slammers, etc (Murrieta Surf, South Slammers FC, etc) a brand to add to their #1 team that they could tie to ECNL. Grabbing that halo effect of ECNL without any real tie to it. Second it gave primary ECNL clubs some way to make their B teams feel special even though they were still the B team. True result of both is a spring league that is just a sub-set of SCDSL. No additional exposure and playing the same set of teams that they likely played in the fall SCDSL league. Interesting side note - I think often non-EGSL teams win the SCDSL leagues (i.e. Beach, Legends) - because these are the A teams of the non-ECNL clubs. Bottom line EGSL is all marketing & the same could be achieved with no extra label - just play SCDSL spring league.

Now ECNL2? More of the same except now on the ECNL2 teams this will be the C team after GDA team and the ECNL team. I suspect a lot of folks have figured out EGSL means very little to a new brand is required.

Truth and solid point. But let's be clear here - Hey are all in bed together. Not hard to make a fake league up when you are SCDSL

It is true that this is a high level game of chess and unfortunately the girls are caught in the middle. All a parent can do is be informed and make the best decision for their player based upon that information.

What EGSL does (did?) for club marketing was 2 things - first gave the affiliate clubs of Surf, Slammers, etc (Murrieta Surf, South Slammers FC, etc) a brand to add to their #1 team that they could tie to ECNL. Grabbing that halo effect of ECNL without any real tie to it. Second it gave primary ECNL clubs some way to make their B teams feel special even though they were still the B team. True result of both is a spring league that is just a sub-set of SCDSL. No additional exposure and playing the same set of teams that they likely played in the fall SCDSL league. Interesting side note - I think often non-EGSL teams win the SCDSL leagues (i.e. Beach, Legends) - because these are the A teams of the non-ECNL clubs. Bottom line EGSL is all marketing & the same could be achieved with no extra label - just play SCDSL spring league.

Now ECNL2? More of the same except now on the ECNL2 teams this will be the C team after GDA team and the ECNL team. I suspect a lot of folks have figured out EGSL means very little to a new brand is required.

Alas but when this brainchild came out years ago no one flipped out. It was accepted because the almighty ECNL clubs blessed it. Now don't get me wrong I bought the initial "sister team" verbiage but it was a scam.
MAP is right though the only difference was EGSL was "sanctioned" albeit by another paper tiger before they rolled this out.
People are all fired up about this but I think there are marketing bombs every year. Every single season there is some clown show about something- difference is the big leagues are usually spinning the sh**show and have traditionally been in charge of the mass media with the likes of Beach, Legends, cBad as the red headed step children. In the past we have all been expected to believe that a trip to Sweden or England was "a big deal", that a regional futsal team was "a big deal", that you had to play Spring or you sucked, that EGSL was a "sister team". I can go on and on about the sewage that has spewed from the "bigs"
I have always been a member of an ECNL Club by the way but I also know it's all business. I hold no illusions about what all this is

ill take an easy buck also. One of the clubs DA isn't working out like they thought is was going to. They are in a high speed wobble right now.

54298177.jpg

thoughts on DA for the 02's wanting to stay with their current ecnl team?....which clubs will be strong at the 02/01 DA........and which clubs will be strong at 02 and 01 ECNL ......does anyone know any inside info on specific clubs or teams in the shake up??? which clubs hold the strongest position in each platform.......

Back