Girls Development Academy

If the director of the tournament (or whatever they are called in soccer) can avoid it they shouldn't play each other until the finals but sometimes it's can't be avoided. Big Ups to Beach for putting both teams in flight 1. Beach steel sharpens Beach steel.
Are there finals in Showcase events?

I would be careful not to put too much stock in the scores of these games or how the teams play. It is way too early for the rosters to be even close to finalized. Non-ECNL teams are having to wait for some of their ECNL players to join the DA team while the ECNL season concludes and ECNL clubs that are expecting their players to hang around for their DA team might see those players leaving for other DA teams as soon as the ECNL season is done.

I would be careful not to put too much stock in the scores of these games or how the teams play. It is way too early for the rosters to be even close to finalized. Non-ECNL teams are having to wait for some of their ECNL players to join the DA team while the ECNL season concludes and ECNL clubs that are expecting their players to hang around for their DA team might see those players leaving for other DA teams as soon as the ECNL season is done.
Baseball errr... Soccer Free Agency at it's finest... That Dodger infield of Garvey, Lopes, Russell and Cey is no longer - get use to "Free Agency" in youth soccer - it's here to stay...unfortunately...

In summary, you appear to be asking us not to judge the non-ECNL DA clubs' performance yet, because they are going to get a lot of ECNL players joining them in July.

Between commitments to prior teams, ODP training, school and family conflicts (prom, graduations, etc.), vacations, and injuries, my experience is that the roster issues faced by each team in June (and throughout the summer) tend to average out, and the performance of these teams is a pretty good indication of what their seasons will look like, with few exceptions.

Also, DA tryouts (even for olders) began almost 2 months before this showcase, non-ECNL DA clubs have been actively recruiting ECNL players since the DA list was released, and ECNL players are free to tryout with other ECNL clubs May 1st, so I respecfully disagree that rosters are far from finalized. If a team is in need of an impact player at this point, or trying to fill a gap in their starting 11, the coach has not done his/her job, and/or the team needs to adjust its expectations.

I agree with 2X, there won't be any major shifting going on. DA teams are formed for the most part. Anyone who was planning to move, should have. If they didn't, they may have missed the boat.

I agree with 2X, there won't be any major shifting going on. DA teams are formed for the most part. Anyone who was planning to move, should have. If they didn't, they may have missed the boat.
Most teams are still scrambling. Not an oraganized scramble like Tom Brady but a scramble like a chicken with its head chopped off.

In summary, you appear to be asking us not to judge the non-ECNL DA clubs' performance yet, because they are going to get a lot of ECNL players joining them in July.

Between commitments to prior teams, ODP training, school and family conflicts (prom, graduations, etc.), vacations, and injuries, my experience is that the roster issues faced by each team in June (and throughout the summer) tend to average out, and the performance of these teams is a pretty good indication of what their seasons will look like, with few exceptions.

Also, DA tryouts (even for olders) began almost 2 months before this showcase, non-ECNL DA clubs have been actively recruiting ECNL players since the DA list was released, and ECNL players are free to tryout with other ECNL clubs May 1st, so I respecfully disagree that rosters are far from finalized. If a team is in need of an impact player at this point, or trying to fill a gap in their starting 11, the coach has not done his/her job, and/or the team needs to adjust its expectations.

Looks like even though they put Non DA teams in flight 1 they really did not pair up any 2nd team with a DA1 team.

We shall all have to wait until National ECNL finals are over, for olders July 8 and youngers June 27. We shall see. Rosters won't be final until August.

We shall all have to wait until National ECNL finals are over, for olders July 8 and youngers June 27. We shall see. Rosters won't be final until August.

While this year is unique in terms of the start of the DA, most experienced players and parents know that the time to change is almost over, and most teams know what their rosters will look like. Players may be fulfilling their ECNL commitments, but barring a team falling apart, necessitating the movemement of their remaining top players, the players who are moving have practiced with hteir new teams already.

Now, if you are implying people are planning to move and have yet to informed their current coaches (and their teams), then the teams who get these players I somewhat pity.

While this year is unique in terms of the start of the DA, most experienced players and parents know that the time to change is almost over, and most teams know what their rosters will look like. Players may be fulfilling their ECNL commitments, but barring a team falling apart, necessitating the movemement of their remaining top players, the players who are moving have practiced with hteir new teams already.

Now, if you are implying people are planning to move and have yet to informed their current coaches (and their teams), then the teams who get these players I somewhat pity.
Only somewhat? You imply that these players are not top players. Yet none of us know the true motivation and reasons for club moves. Each player is unique in their drive, skill, quality and IQ. These are tumultuous times with so many changes happening in girls soccer. There should be support for all of these kids who are trying to find the right fit... experience or not.

Rosters are. Finalized until
Only somewhat? You imply that these players are not top players. Yet none of us know the true motivation and reasons for club moves. Each player is unique in their drive, skill, quality and IQ. These are tumultuous times with so many changes happening in girls soccer. There should be support for all of these kids who are trying to find the right fit... experience or not.
Especially when they hit this age entering high school.

Back