Girls Development Academy

If your DD could join any 2001/2002 DA team, which team would you as a parent want her to join and why?

I don't know the age groups very well but for my player it would be Surf or Beach. It depends upon the coach. At Beach it would have to be Mauricio, Jeff or Rob Demelo. At Surf I would be a little more flexible but would like Pauly. They coach the style of play that suits my player and are most similar to her coach she had for most of her career and that had the most impact.

Yes, that is one of the big mysteries in the SW ECNL. Not only have they been invited to the GNT camps but also a large group of the team played together on the championship Cal South ODP team. Is it a coaching issue? or too many individual superstars that don't know how to play together successfully? I have heard many times the complaint about US Soccer selecting "superstars" but missing the boat about the girls being able to play as a team.
Or maybe politics.

For those that are in DA, is your team planning on going to Lakewood Ranch, FL this winter for that DA Showcase? I've been trying to find some concrete dates so I can start looking into flights already but haven't found anything. I did look at the previous results and it looks like it could be in the first weekend of December for about 5 days.

Question- with rumors about girls being offered special deals to come to practice only one day a week and girls flying in from other states, is there any requirement that rostered players have to commit to actually attending the 3-4 weekly practices? Seems like US Soccer keeps such detailed records about starting percentages and games played, but do they look at who is actually coming to practice or is that up to the individual coach/club? I have no clue if the rumors are true- I'm just curious. (I'm sure there are always ways to make exceptions even if there is a rule- lol)

Question- with rumors about girls being offered special deals to come to practice only one day a week and girls flying in from other states, is there any requirement that rostered players have to commit to actually attending the 3-4 weekly practices? Seems like US Soccer keeps such detailed records about starting percentages and games played, but do they look at who is actually coming to practice or is that up to the individual coach/club? I have no clue if the rumors are true- I'm just curious. (I'm sure there are always ways to make exceptions even if there is a rule- lol)

From what I have heard and read, this is pretty regulated by random audits and logs. I'm sure the DA will not allow any "special deals or exceptions" regardless of the club

Have you checked the u14-18 ECNL tables lately? Strikers requires relegation out of ECNL.....which is likely going to happen since they are on probation. Give them DA? I think not. You should seriously consider moving your DD ASAP.
Is Strikers still on probation?

One would guess that leaving underperforming clubs in the SW --- like Sereno, Heat, Strikers --- alone would be a good choice? Next season's softer ECNL SW conference might balance out the level of competition for those types of clubs / talent? It's all about the money and membership I would also guess?

One would guess that leaving underperforming clubs in the SW --- like Sereno, Heat, Strikers --- alone would be a good choice? Next season's softer ECNL SW conference might balance out the level of competition for those types of clubs / talent? It's all about the money and membership I would also guess?
Why are they on probation?

With ECNL under assault from the GDA, I don't think this is the time to start pulling the badge from member clubs.

Looks like we will see our first action of DA teams at Legends College Cup. LAPFC, Legends, and Beach Academy some ECNL teams and DA2 teams will be there as well.

Looks like a lot of Academy teams still trying to get there rosters together.

I would have to guess that the clubs with ECNL and DA are scrambling to lock things down. Some ECNL teams still have post season in June & July - but they also have girls out shopping and making commitments. I would be surprised to see teams from those clubs make public appearances before surf cup. The non-ECNL clubs were able to (or chose to) get a much earlier start in putting things together.

I would expect it is really turbulent for these ECNL/DA clubs in 2001 & 2002 age groups. Lots of decisions and lot of moving parts for players, coaches and parents as they plan for both this year and next year.

I would have to guess that the clubs with ECNL and DA are scrambling to lock things down. Some ECNL teams still have post season in June & July - but they also have girls out shopping and making commitments. I would be surprised to see teams from those clubs make public appearances before surf cup. The non-ECNL clubs were able to (or chose to) get a much earlier start in putting things together.

Except for those non-ECNL teams that will be competing for a National Championship in Dallas, TX in late July.

Looks like we will see our first action of DA teams at Legends College Cup. LAPFC, Legends, and Beach Academy some ECNL teams and DA2 teams will be there as well.

Looks like a lot of Academy teams still trying to get there rosters together.

Where have you seen the schedule or the list of accepted teams?

So Beach DA and Beach DPL will be playing each other in flight one?
If the director of the tournament (or whatever they are called in soccer) can avoid it they shouldn't play each other until the finals but sometimes it's can't be avoided. Big Ups to Beach for putting both teams in flight 1. Beach steel sharpens Beach steel.

Back