GIRLS DAII

Believe me I'm not threatened at ALL. I have no bones to pick. What's so harsh about saying "B" team? It's the truth....having a label doesn't make anyone any better or any worse. Whatever label you give it , it's a B team, meaning a player needs to work on some things to advance. As I have always stated, if you are good enough they will find you.
GDA is for the top 1%. That is who U.S. soccer is looking for.
Snowflake parents raising snowflake kids.

It will stay in SoCal. It's not sanctioned by U.S. Soccer. They obviously want no part of it. Hell, I can develop a GDA here in Vegas, and call it Girls Development Association, paint it red, white and blue, and I'm in the money; Selling dreams to "B" level players parents.

Lets talk about the players you're calling "B" level: Let take the 02's, specifically Eagles and Real So Cal '02 ECNL teams. Both clubs will not compete in ECNL after this season and both clubs roster approx. 21 players including duals. 97% of those '02 players will not make '01 DA and it's certainly not because they are "B level players." It's simple math. Hypothetically speaking, lets say, there are 18 "A" Level" '01s and 18 "A level" '02s equally skilled in their respective age groups. How many players will be rostered on one 01 DA team? Simple math.

So, whether the '02 ECNL players competed in SCDSL, CSL or the new DPL, why would you consider them "B players" Furthermore, how many "A" players are there really in this ginormous soccer landscape? Development is what's most important. I would hope all youth players and their parents, despite the players skill set, are more interested in development than a badge on their arm or a made up bracket.

Lsat but not least, isn't it ironic DPL's founding members are the same DOC's whose clubs have never been accepted into ECNL - all these years they've been screaming about "exclusivity" and yet they created the DPL - a similar two headed monster and here we are yet again, closing the open market.

Our selection of players is based on talent not how deep your pockets are. We don't discriminate.
so kind and democratic of you as you bash children with disabilities, demean women, and troll girl's soccer forum posts to get as many stirred up as possible just to get a reaction out of people, so in your mind, everyone can focus on you and your brilliance- all the while pretending you are some type of elite soccer coach with expert acumen. Yawn.... Why don't you post on the boys side of this forum if you have something to offer.... oh, I guess you don't....

so kind and democratic of you as you bash children with disabilities, demean women, and troll girl's soccer forum posts to get as many stirred up as possible just to get a reaction out of people, so in your mind, everyone can focus on you and your brilliance- all the while pretending you are some type of elite soccer coach with expert acumen. Yawn.... Why don't you post on the boys side of this forum if you have something to offer.... oh, I guess you don't....

I "ignored" him, and everyone else should too. Just like a whiny toddler, or our current president, he is just desperate for attention. I'm not going to give it to him.

Simon is on the Boys 03 boards.

Lets talk about the players you're calling "B" level: Let take the 02's, specifically Eagles and Real So Cal '02 ECNL teams. Both clubs will not compete in ECNL after this season and both clubs roster approx. 21 players including duals. 97% of those '02 players will not make '01 DA and it's certainly not because they are "B level players." It's simple math. Hypothetically speaking, lets say, there are 18 "A" Level" '01s and 18 "A level" '02s equally skilled in their respective age groups. How many players will be rostered on one 01 DA team? Simple math.

So, whether the '02 ECNL players competed in SCDSL, CSL or the new DPL, why would you consider them "B players" Furthermore, how many "A" players are there really in this ginormous soccer landscape? Development is what's most important. I would hope all youth players and their parents, despite the players skill set, are more interested in development than a badge on their arm or a made up bracket.

Lsat but not least, isn't it ironic DPL's founding members are the same DOC's whose clubs have never been accepted into ECNL - all these years they've been screaming about "exclusivity" and yet they created the DPL - a similar two headed monster and here we are yet again, closing the open market.

My earlier comment wasn't geared towards girls in that particular circumstance, aka current ECNL player. It's geared toward the player that was, is, and will be on a "B" team. Unfortunately, because of the changes those ECNL players got the short end of the stick.

was talking to a friends daughter who made a DA2 team for another club and she was unaware there no DA2 league. I mentioned I had read here about it and to make sure to find out all the info before making her decision. She is deciding between that DA2 team and a flight1 team closer to her area. I think its sad that no one is telling them the truth

was talking to a friends daughter who made a DA2 team for another club and she was unaware there no DA2 league. I mentioned I had read here about it and to make sure to find out all the info before making her decision. She is deciding between that DA2 team and a flight1 team closer to her area. I think its sad that no one is telling them the truth
They have announced the league. It will be a sanctioned league in So Cal.
http://goalnation.com/new-girls-dpl-approved-cal-south/

The debate when the ECNL spun up was similar, but DA2 has a different flavor. There was a lot of jealousy around the ECNL - because of the sense of being left behind. The DA has so much overlap with ECNL club-wise, and is so demanding commitment-wise, that I don't think the reactions to it were quite as 'threatened' by those not in it.

The DA2 however with the marketing splash and some of the chest pounding doesn't change the fact that it is doing exactly what the ECNL did in terms of exclusivity - but doing it utilizing a seriously watered-down talent pool. Why it makes sense to take a subset of that pool and keep it in an insular new league, is a beyond me. Why not just add the teams in SCDSL Tier 1 or in CSL Premier? If the teams are all that - they'll end up playing each other anyway. Does anyone really need a new league? Will they play in CRL?
Will they play National Cup? Or will they stand apart like the ECNL teams often did and declare superiority - but not actually earn it on the field?

Once upon a time there was only CSL and Premier was the shiznit. Unless the total ratios of really talented girls to the larger pool of players has changed over the years - and maybe it has to some extent, all these leagues are fishing the same waters. A year ago, a club like RSC had 2 teams - one ECNL and one 'white' in EGSL. So the ECNL is now DA and the EGSL is now DA2? I don't get why that is attractive to anyone (the EGSL sure as shit wasn't) - and I certainly don't see why anyone would pound their chest about it.

I don't begrudge them either. Girls are chasing their dreams. More power to them. At the end of the day - I just wish there were opportunities for the best teams to be truly known via head to head play. That, and college recruitment opportunities are all that really matter to me. The former because it is fun and interesting... and the latter because it is really the only practical application of all this insanity.

Back